Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I believe but everyone is their own man/woman you make your own decisions.

I’ll say this though. What do you lose by living your life the way god intended you to if there isn’t 1? I say nothing. Now if God does exist what do you lose by not living your life the way he intended?

This is called Pascal's Wager, a very old and easily refuted philosophical argument.

Allow me to debunk this.

Let's say a god does exist. <<<< Pay very close attention to that sentence. You'll notice that it says "a god" and not "God". Do you see the problem yet?

In the history of mankind, there have been THOUSANDS of gods, almost all of them being responsible for the creation of the universe or responsible for an integral part of reality. Quite a few of these gods demand ultimate fealty, meaning if you do not submit to them, you will be condemned to eternal damnation or some other form of punishment after death.

So the question I pose to you is, which one?

Back to my supposition: let's say a god does exist, except he's not YOUR god. Now what?

If Yahweh, the god of the Hebrews and Christians exists, billions of Muslims are about to get that work simply because they follow the teaching of Mohammed and were born in the wrong part of the world. Jews don't believe Christ was the messiah, so they're screwed if the Christians are right, and the Christians are fukked if the Jews were right, because they worship a false idol.

:francis:

If Shiva exists, then congratulations Christians, Jews and Muslims, you've wasted your time, being born in the wrong culture and not immediately moving to India.

Further, why is YOUR god the one to follow, and not all the other gods of antiquity? Because he said so? They all say so!

:unimpressed:

Further still, let's say you've hit the deity jackpot, and your god not only exists, he's the real deal: you believe because you're expecting a reward, not because you actually believe, and your god would know that, and STILL send your ass to the flames of eternal damnation for not actually believing because you believe. So you were right, but you were still wrong

:wow:

So you ask me this question, and I say you haven't thought this question out to its logical conclusion.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You really think something of that infinite control over space and time would spend its days hatching elaborate schemes to get some shytting slobbering mammals to worship it?

This is the part that humans don't seem to get, even though it's the fundamental problem with the entire thing: hubris.

The ego of mankind knows no bounds, and it's entirely why we came up with the concepts we follow that speaks of gods in the first place.

Tell me, what's more arrogant than believing that an immeasurably powerful being, capable of creating the goddamn universe, cares specifically about US?

That is literally the most arrogant thing I can think of. Nothing is worse than that. You actually believe a GOD cares where you put your penis? If you eat pigs? That you've MIXED FABRICS?

:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:

The first thing I thought about when I finally called myself an atheist was how arrogant we are to believe in this stuff.

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is the part that humans don't seem to get, even though it's the fundamental problem with the entire thing: hubris.

The ego of mankind knows no bounds, and it's entirely why we came up with the concepts we follow that speaks of gods in the first place.

Tell me, what's more arrogant than believing that an immeasurably powerful being, capable of creating the goddamn universe, cares specifically about US?

That is literally the most arrogant thing I can think of. Nothing is worse than that. You actually believe a GOD cares where you put your penis? If you eat pigs? That you've MIXED FABRICS?

The first thing I thought about when I finally called myself an atheist was how arrogant we are to believe in this stuff.
Maybe he’s like an Uber nerd running 10,000 universe simulations at once. :huhldup:

“I think dial things back a bit and have Scorpio Africanus choke on a grape and have Hannibal sack Rome. That simulation I ran giving humans an extra eye ball got a bit weird”

nZosz0.gif

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
This is called Pascal's Wager, a very old and easily refuted philosophical argument.

Allow me to debunk this.

Let's say a god does exist. <<<< Pay very close attention to that sentence. You'll notice that it says "a god" and not "God". Do you see the problem yet?

In the history of mankind, there have been THOUSANDS of gods, almost all of them being responsible for the creation of the universe or responsible for an integral part of reality. Quite a few of these gods demand ultimate fealty, meaning if you do not submit to them, you will be condemned to eternal damnation or some other form of punishment after death.

Back to my supposition: let's say a god does exist, except he's not YOUR god. Now what?

If Yahweh, the god of the Hebrews and Christians exists, billions of Muslims are about to get that work simply because they follow the teaching of Mohammed and were born in the wrong part of the world. Jews don't believe Christ was the messiah, so they're screwed if the Christians are right, and the Christians are fukked if the Jews were right, because they worship a false idol.

If Shiva exists, then congratulations Christians, Jews and Muslims, you've wasted your time, being born in the wrong culture and not immediately moving to India.

Further, why is YOUR god the one to follow, and not all the other gods of antiquity? Because he said so? They all say so!

Further still, let's say you've hit the deity jackpot, and your god not only exists, he's the real deal: you believe because you're expecting a reward, not because you actually believe, and your god would know that, and STILL send your ass to the flames of eternal damnation for not actually believing because you believe. So you were right, but you were still wrong

So you ask me this question, and I say you haven't thought this question out to its logical conclusion.

Allow me to debunk this.

And my very simple answer is the 1 you believe in. You assume there’s a wrong or right 1. Just live a good life be a good person. If you make it you make it if you don’t u dont

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Allow me to debunk this.

your problem is you are not understanding the issues with language. In hindi Shiva just means "Auspicious One" so for all you know he is jewish. :hubie:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Maybe he’s like an Uber nerd running 10,000 universe simulations at once. :huhldup:

“I think dial things back a bit and have Scorpio Africanus choke on a grape and have Hannibal sack Rome. That simulation I ran giving humans an extra eye ball got a bit weird”

nZosz0.gif
:lupe:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
your problem is you are not understanding the issues with language. In hindi Shiva just means "Auspicious One" so for all you know he is jewish. :hubie:

Yeah, except for the fact that Shiva/Hinduism is literally older than Judaism by almost 500 years.

I'm sure he was "Jewish" before Jews even existed

good.gif

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And my very simple answer is the 1 you believe in. You assume there’s a wrong or right 1. Just live a good life be a good person. If you make it you make it if you don’t u dont

You and I are both atheist. There are thousands of gods you don't believe in.

You simply believe in 1 more than I do. :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yeah, except for the fact that Shiva/Hinduism is literally older than Judaism by almost 500 years.

I'm sure he was "Jewish" before Jews even existed

good.gif
so your issue is you are looking for "authority"? :jbhmm: or should I say a context for why you need authority?

And finally why is authority your context for God? In ancient Canaan the word "Gad" which the english word "God" comes from means gatekeeper. So by default you are saying God must be your gatekeeper if he is your God?

Here is your problem, if our God is one of mercy and you argue to yourself about which God, you have already said unto yourself that Mercy cannot be your gatekeeper, as clearly to you God is more than one entity. Logically you are in a bad place let alone spiritually.

So I'd say to you to help you reconsider God is to read this and meditate on it privately

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
so your issue is you are looking for "authority"? :jbhmm: or should I say a context for why you need authority?

And finally why is authority your context for God? In ancient Canaan the word "Gad" which the english word "God" comes from means gatekeeper. So by default you are saying God must be your gatekeeper if he is your God?

Here is your problem, if our God is one of mercy and you argue to yourself about which God, you have already said unto yourself that Mercy cannot be your gatekeeper, as clearly to you God is more than one entity. Logically you are in a bad place let alone spiritually.

So I'd say to you to help you reconsider God is to read this and meditate on it privately

My brother, I think you quoted the wrong person because I ain't said none of this.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You and I are both atheist. There are thousands of gods you don't believe in.

You simply believe in 1 more than I do. :youngsabo:
:obama:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

YOU WANA KNOW WHATS MORE ARROGANT?

THINKING THAT YOU’RE THE GREATEST THING IN THIS UNIVERSE

NOTHING IS BIGGER THAN U

THATS LITERALLY THE DEFINITION OF ARROGANCE

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

Allow me to debunk this.

JEWS CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS ALL PRAY TO THE SAME GOD

JEWS ARE LITERALLY PERMITTED TO PRAY IN A MOSQUE IF THERES NO SYNAGOGUE AROUND

NO MATTER WHAT, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOT BELIEVING IN A HIGHER POWER AND THINKING YOURE THE END ALL BE ALL (STILL AMAZED THAT YOU THINK ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS IS ARROGANT)

WITOUT GOD..YOU ARE TOTALLY FUCCED. REGARDLESS OF WHAT TEXT U FOLLOW, U NEED GOD IN YOUR LIFE.