Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The universe is God. And it doesn't desire praise from humans.
I wouldn't, worship Him who builds houses rather than the house that needs foundation.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I appreciate you being respectful about it but I've read it before. Reading it again isn't going to help me believe. At the end if I'm wrong then oh well. I'm sure god will understand. Bible is full of so much bullshyt to me it makes it even harder to believe in that god. As long as you act right that's all that matters to me. I have more reasons as to why I don't believe in god but I don't feel like hurting people's feelings right now. People are hyper sensitive about their god. You seen the back and forth in this thread where everyone thinks they're right and only their god is the true god.

Biggest difference between me and the people who believe is they believe in one more god than I do.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I only believe in the Shooting Gawd :mjcry:

images

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I appreciate you being respectful about it but I've read it before. Reading it again isn't going to help me believe. At the end if I'm wrong then oh well. I'm sure god will understand. Bible is full of so much bullshyt to me it makes it even harder to believe in that god. As long as you act right that's all that matters to me. I have more reasons as to why I don't believe in god but I don't feel like hurting people's feelings right now. People are hyper sensitive about their god. You seen the back and forth in this thread where everyone thinks they're right and only their god is the true god.

Biggest difference between me and the people who believe is they believe in one more god than I do.
well as I said before, context is big

God set the ordinances of everything that is and will be, he is a living God and he dwells where he dwells. God brings to us what we need regardless of our want and each moment we live is like Gods love because without God you will know darkness.

So I would say don't fall into the mud of debate and remind yourself of your woes. Rather give thanks today because God made it for everyone. Free will means people will do things out of the norm but God's great mercy is the norm if you so choose to see it.

Remember the Bible is testimony from many different sources petitioning God or receiving visions/prophecies. The living God dwells with you: as I said to my lady earlier (we were watching the movie Carrie and I was upset that the one christian on it was basically a witch) and I said to her "Resuscitation not recitation"

Friday of the 8th Week​

The Gospel According to Luke 13:31-35​

English Ελληνικά Print
jclifegv.jpg

At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you." And he said to them, "Go and tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course. Nevertheless I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.' O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is forsaken. And I tell you, you will not see me until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!'"

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
well as I said before, context is big

God set the ordinances of everything that is and will be, he is a living God and he dwells where he dwells. God brings to us what we need regardless of our want and each moment we live is like Gods love because without God you will know darkness.

So I would say don't fall into the mud of debate and remind yourself of your woes. Rather give thanks today because God made it for everyone. Free will means people will do things out of the norm but God's great mercy is the norm if you so choose to see it.

Remember the Bible is testimony from many different sources petitioning God or receiving visions/prophecies. The living God dwells with you: as I said to my lady earlier (we were watching the movie Carrie and I was upset that the one christian on it was basically a witch) and I said to her "Resuscitation not recitation"

How long have you believed in god?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I don't believe in Religion at all but I can't fully deny the possibility of God's existence. I doubt we'll ever know though

And I don't believe in worshipping anyone so if God expects that from me, God can respectfully kick rocks

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
How long have you believed in god?
since i was very young, my first prayer was:

"Now I lay me down me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
Amen"

I didn't always put my faith in God but I have always acknowledged God...if that makes sense. In retrospect I'd change that prayer to this one for children:

Lord Jesus Christ, you received the children who came to you, receive also from the lips of your child this evening prayer. Shelter me under the protection of your wings that I may lie down in peace and sleep. Awaken me in due time that I may glorify you, for you alone are good and love all people.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
since i was very young, my first prayer was:

"Now I lay me down me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
Amen"

I didn't always put my faith in God but I have always acknowledged God...if that makes sense. In retrospect I'd change that prayer to this one for children:

Makes sense. I was taught to believe in the god the bible describes at an early age but as I grew older the stories seemed so outlandish it was hard to believe. Have a good night time to get ready for the Fresno State game. Maybe one day we'll find out who's right.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Makes sense. I was taught to believe in the god the bible describes at an early age but as I grew older the stories seemed so outlandish it was hard to believe. Have a good night time to get ready for the Fresno State game. Maybe one day we'll find out who's right.
every cultures mythology and holy texts have its own style based on the language itself. The style of Israel is unique because He is unique. The mighty one of Jacob

until you learn to love your mother language you will struggle to love other languages and their ways. Hebrew and Greek do not completely translate to English like how we'd like to think.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim

I'm gonna take it as you were typing before I asked you to take this to the DMs, so I could get some sleep. So I'll do you the courtesy of responding to this right now.

Breh, anything you post publicly I'm going to respond to publicly. If you want to take it to DMs then YOU post your response in DMs, posting it publicly and then asking me to respond privately is just a bullshyt way of trying to get in the last word.

But the faith does not exist without that record. Those 1.3 billion people were not there for Christ's birth and death. They are here, today, and THEY base their faith on the book. This is just a fact, I don't know why you're even debating this.

That's a nonsense assertion considering the Catholic faith spread just fine before there even was a book and continued to spread without the book. You don't know why I'm debating it because you still haven't even understood the basic reality how Catholics spread their faith. Catholics don't spread the faith by passing out Bibles and they don't become Catholics by sitting around and reading the Bible. Catholics from the very beginning have always spread their faith via church and community teachings, people telling it to each other. Like I pointed out, they didn't even PRINT Bibles in people's own language until relatively recently.

If the Bible had never been written, the exact same faith still would have been spread through church the way it always has - the same same way that the 95% of Catholic teachings that aren't in the Bible are spread and continue to be spread.

The fact that you don't even understand what the debate is about is worrysome. If you think Christianity wouldn't have existed without the Bible then you don't understand Christian faith outside of a very small slice of modern protestantism.

And again, you are suggesting scientists BELIEVE in science; science is a verb, my guy-- you DO science. You cannot *believe* in it. This is a common tactic by the religious, attempting to equate science and religion. One is a fact-based methodology, and the other is the acceptance of something in lieu of evidence, and sometimes, in spite of the evidence.
You are confused.

The underlying logic of an analogy is supposed to be fundamentally the same.

I have no idea where you got the idea that analogies are supposed to be "fundamentally different". The *logic* is the point of an analogy, so that you can make an argument more clear to a reader/listener.

The logic you presented wasn't sound, therefore it's a poor analogy: you tried to say scientists *believe* in science the same way the religious believe in their faith. Those two concepts have zero in common, as scientists DO science, they don't *believe* in it. It is a fact-based methodology for cataloguing natural phenomena.

But your analogy is broken because there is no belief that is taking place. Science textbooks are documentations of things that can be shown to be true with experimentation and math. A holy book is a doctrine, one that must be taught, and taught against all contrary evidence, and must be believed despite all evidence. What experiments can be done from a bible? Name one!

How can you not understand the fundamental difference and flaw with your reasoning here?

I didn't say they "believe in science", you're straight misquoting me. Scientists don't believe "in" science, but they have a great deal of beliefs about science. For instance, they trust the vast majority of the laws of physics to be true - in other words, they believe those laws to be an accurate representation of the world, or the believe in those laws. In fact, if you actually knew physicists, you'd know they believe in many of them with something quite akin to religious belief despite their distaste for that comparison, but that's besides the point - as I already pointed out to you, that comparison was irrelevant to the analogy. But you don't even seem to have understood that yet.

If you are being hung up on the word "belief", like most scientists are due to its religious associations, then we can easily change it to "trust". Scientists trust the laws of physics that they've been taught. They don't attempt to independently verify all of them, and outside of their specific field they rarely read the original experimental papers describing them - they believe what they've been taught. But it would be a complete misnomer to claim they believe in those laws just because the laws were in textbooks. Scientists don't trust the laws of physics because they're in textbooks, just like Catholics don't trust the teachings of the Church because they're in the Bible. The laws of physics are put into textbooks because the scientists already trust them, just like the teachings of the church were put into the bible because the church community already trust them.

The logic of both statements is exactly the same. But like most of the conversation, your hangups are causing you to miss the point.

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i believe no doubt but some times i just don't like him or her.

i also believe many atheist since no one knows what created this world just don't like God not that they don't believe in him or her. ie. ricky gervais.

just stems from their bitterness which i can understand when i am myself often frustrated with my plight under our God.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

shut the fck up you ricky gervais fan boy.

this guy just quoted a scene from ricky gervais "after-life" :deadrose:

dude is just rambling about organized religion nothing to do with spirituality or your belief in God. :russ:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

look how he writes his childish rhetoric, like the grown retards in this thread.

only yacubians find this ethos even intelligent.