Do these photos make you SAD, MAD or PROUD?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
well they should be disgusted with their own agenda to force whites into letting us in their communities. im all for seeking equality to better ones life; but somewhere along the lines, we forgot we needed eachother. now we're all integrated into their work force and suburbs. i'm pretty sure we'd have stronger communities and family units if things were still segregated.
Marcuz, you got it all wrong. King Jr. and Malcolm both realize the use keeping the community and being treated as equals was the best way to go then both got killed. When they were about any means necessary and Martin was about integration is when things was smooth for both of them.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marcuz, you got it all wrong. King Jr. and Malcolm both realize the use keeping the community and being treated as equals was the best way to go then both got killed. When they were about any means necessary and Martin was about integration is when things was smooth for both of them.
i respect that but i feel the ultimate goal should have been separatism.

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
kkktoddrobertsonphoto.jpg
:snoop:

TH29

Rookie
Daps
Man they were strong back then to be able to stand up against that blatant and overt racism that they faced back then. I could not even imagine it. Like someone else said, it was not that long ago that these things were taking place and I am just grateful to all those individuals who sacrificed and even gave their lives in the pursuit of equality for African Americans in this country.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Sad.

I really dont understand how people could be so cruel. The most ironic thing is after all this sh!t black people have had to put up with, for some reason white people are mad at US

Ill never understand why they hate us. Black people have reason to dislike and not trust them, but really what is there beef with us?

And it makes me sick that years later many black women look up to the white man and have no n!gga policies

Imagine the women in this pic saying she only dates cacs now :smh: :mindblown:

How the fukk did you turn this into a black women ain't shyt post?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Randomly, thought the other day, how just 50 years ago we were getting blasted with fire hose (fire hose use to spray down fire in buildings) because of the color of our skin :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too many of you have deluded yourselves into thinking the evil witnessed in the eyes of the cacs in these pictures doesn't exist in the hearts of young whites. The system of white supremacy that affords unearned privilege to white America installs that evil in all whites. Some try to fight it, out of guilt and an honest desire to be fair to all, but most whites eventually come to the dark side of amerikkka.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
on ym way to work but just sit back and look at those james meredith pics as well when he was going to university etc.

this happaned in the late 60';s alot of these dudes are still alive and breathing,

James_Meredith_OleMiss.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/eticket/20090225/photos/etick_04_g_meredith01_850.jpg[/img\

these old cacs could be your ceo right now

AND THis WAS FROM A GOVERNOR JUST less than 50 years ago
Some of the old folks walking with them are actually handlers/supporters.

But really, it is sad, what racist whites have done to blacks.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thread. Whenever I get into an argument about race with a white person, I start asking them simple questions about the civil rights era and integration. They usually are quick to shut up when it becomes obvious they know so little about what they're talking about. I know minds aren't being changed, but at least there's that little piece of them that realizes they're speaking from a place of privilege. My favorite thing to mention is the Tulsa riot when they act like black people have been left alone and just haven't managed to build their own communities.

On a separate thought...as a black man living a relatively decent life in the US, I struggle with the the thought that I am the beneficiary of similar -types of oppression against people in other countries. From the cheap glass of orange juice I had today, to the relatively low price I paid to fill up on gas yesterday. I am a beneficiary of the exploitative, imperial impulses of the US. I don't have a solution brehs, but as you think about white privilege and obliviousness, I encourage you to not lose sight of how you benefit and may be complicit in the oppression of others as well.