Do these photos make you SAD, MAD or PROUD?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Yeah...I was waiting for someone to point that out. I watched the "counts" slide show that someone posted at the beginning of this thread and peeped that the old dude was actually walking her to the school. To answer the thread title, I'm mad and proud.

On one hand, it's angering to see how she was treated by those children and to think of how foul black people were treated back then. On the other hand, I'm human and I probably had some IGNORANT opinions when I was younger about things that I didn't quite understand yet (especially to the opposite sex). I'd hate to be lumped into a category based on what I did/thought when I was a child. That older cat walking with Dorothy was probably taught differently when he was raised and then he realized how ridiculous the shyt was when he got older.

I think I'm more frustrated when I see old pictures of ADULTS doing foul shyt...but as someone who's worked with kids, it's hard to sit here and go "fukk them. They probably grew up and became ____ with ____ beliefs/morals." That's how ignorance and generalizations get perpetuated. Who really knows?

/rambling
In that situation the older folks knew better, but hate is just wrong and entitlement is wrong.

Folks gotta protect black images.

Learning history is ok.

But lets be real the people who took those pictures, took those pictures as souvenirs and long term, show those images around whites, look at those pictures, who would they identify with? the hung, or the sadatic pale cac doing the hanging? and then try to justify it.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Makes me angry and reminds me who im dealing with. That dude at work who may be your boss possibly has a father who went to watch things like this with older white men that you think are good people right now.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i dunno breh, i dunno we are blessed

i mean what we take for granted, i can get up right now and walk down the street, i can go eat at any restaurant i want

i mean a damn woolworth lunch counter for crying out loud,

i can go sit at any damn counter i want and get my food

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
To know that not even 50 years ago a black person couldn't eat in certain establishments and couldn't attend the same schools as whites makes me mad and wonder how can the black youth of today be satisfied with killing each other and doing the white man's job for them. They gave us freedom and rights and many black people still don't take advantage of it. They go to jail and shoot their fellow black man with no hint of remorse. But then you have your black people like Obama and other people in politics and science that are trying to make a difference and that makes me proud.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
luck of the draw.could of easily been the other way

1950 was not long ago :lupe: our pops were hitting teen years

My daddy was 16 in 1968...same year King got shot.

Only god knows the evil shyt he witnessed growing up :wow:

Granddaddy was born in 1921....I don't even want to think about it :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Martin-Luther-King-Killed.jpg

:to:

article-2304090-1917F620000005DC-633_634x428.jpg

:to: