Do these photos make you SAD, MAD or PROUD?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
you nikkas wanna know the irony?

if this same sophisticated black girl walked into an "all black public school" in 2013 with similar attire, all those rachet black hoes would pick on her, fight her, and post it on Worldstar

:wow: black people lost
yup

somehow made progress and gone backwards at the same time

racism wont be over until this born in the 80s generation are the old ones, then most people will have truly forgotten about it

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
She had a sprit in her, that we lack today.
Still,
The pictures,
Makes me want to pop the trunk and let one loose on them CaCs.

Sad,
Them old CaCs still is alive and are in positions of authority and power.

this is the thing

im sure a lot of people feel mad about shyt but they dont do anything about it

i dont see marches and boycotts and everything. people talking in this thread, what have they done really? wheres a modern leader that isnt a clown

that whole occupy, 99% thing, they are the heads of that too

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Good thread. Whenever I get into an argument about race with a white person, I start asking them simple questions about the civil rights era and integration. They usually are quick to shut up when it becomes obvious they know so little about what they're talking about. I know minds aren't being changed, but at least there's that little piece of them that realizes they're speaking from a place of privilege. My favorite thing to mention is the Tulsa riot when they act like black people have been left alone and just haven't managed to build their own communities.

On a separate thought...as a black man living a relatively decent life in the US, I struggle with the the thought that I am the beneficiary of similar -types of oppression against people in other countries. From the cheap glass of orange juice I had today, to the relatively low price I paid to fill up on gas yesterday. I am a beneficiary of the exploitative, imperial impulses of the US. I don't have a solution brehs, but as you think about white privilege and obliviousness, I encourage you to not lose sight of how you benefit and may be complicit in the oppression of others as well.

one of the best posts i've read on the coli

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Good thread. Whenever I get into an argument about race with a white person, I start asking them simple questions about the civil rights era and integration. They usually are quick to shut up when it becomes obvious they know so little about what they're talking about. I know minds aren't being changed, but at least there's that little piece of them that realizes they're speaking from a place of privilege. My favorite thing to mention is the Tulsa riot when they act like black people have been left alone and just haven't managed to build their own communities.

On a separate thought...as a black man living a relatively decent life in the US, I struggle with the the thought that I am the beneficiary of similar -types of oppression against people in other countries. From the cheap glass of orange juice I had today, to the relatively low price I paid to fill up on gas yesterday. I am a beneficiary of the exploitative, imperial impulses of the US. I don't have a solution brehs, but as you think about white privilege and obliviousness, I encourage you to not lose sight of how you benefit and may be complicit in the oppression of others as well.
:wow: truth.com

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Too many of you have deluded yourselves into thinking the evil witnessed in the eyes of the cacs in these pictures doesn't exist in the hearts of young whites. The system of white supremacy that affords unearned privilege to white America installs that evil in all whites. Some try to fight it, out of guilt and an honest desire to be fair to all, but most whites eventually come to the dark side of amerikkka.

Yup. Being a 23 year old, white person, this is so true. It's not just older whites, its the younger generation, as well. It trickles down from either our parents, media, schooling, etc etc...

Racism in the younger generation of us whites really showed with the Treyvon Martin case.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Disgusted. There are grown ass people in those pics, going along with the bullshyt. I swear these some self entitled mf'ers

[quote="Mr Uncle Leroy, post: 4934841, member: 2419"]Some of the old folks walking with them are actually handlers/supporters.

But really, it is sad, what racist whites have done to blacks.[/quote]

Yeah...I was waiting for someone to point that out. I watched the "counts" slide show that someone posted at the beginning of this thread and peeped that the old dude was actually walking her to the school. To answer the thread title, I'm mad and proud.

On one hand, it's angering to see how she was treated by those children and to think of how foul black people were treated back then. On the other hand, I'm human and I probably had some IGNORANT opinions when I was younger about things that I didn't quite understand yet (especially to the opposite sex). I'd hate to be lumped into a category based on what I did/thought when I was a child. That older cat walking with Dorothy was probably taught differently when he was raised and then he realized how ridiculous the shyt was when he got older.

I think I'm more frustrated when I see old pictures of ADULTS doing foul shyt...but as someone who's worked with kids, it's hard to sit here and go "fukk them. They probably grew up and became ____ with ____ beliefs/morals." That's how ignorance and generalizations get perpetuated. Who really knows?

/rambling

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
america-unmasked-the-images-that-reveal-the-ku-klux-klan-is-alive-and-kicking-in-2009-1625732.html

black%20lynching.jpg

LynchingCaro_article-small_6238.jpg

lynch-castrated.jpg

lynching2.234133228_std-457x350.jpg

Strange Fruit, various public lynchings. A majority of these men were castrated before they were hung. (i wonder why)

9999004618-l.jpg

Sit in protesters integrating a Woolworths counter.

4999515043_c1f5a8f413_z.jpg

James Meredith who integrated Ole Miss, organized a single man march and was shot by a sniper, MLK and the SNC continued it for him.....
March Against Fear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

flhape.jpg

Founder of American Neo Nazi movement, George Lincoln Rockwell at a Nation of Islam rally 1961.Personal guest of Elijah Muhammad.
Strange Bedfellows: American Nazi Party & Nation of Islam - Political Wrinkles

250px-Fred_Hampton_dead_body.jpg

Fred Hampton, ASSASSINATED unarmed in his sleep by police after being drugged by FBI operatives at age 21.

Fred Hampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me know if you want more

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
brehs do yall ever ask why God made us born today and those poor souls in that generation? why did we get the better end of the stick? why? :lupe::sadbron:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
brehs do yall ever ask why God made us born today and those poor souls in that generation? why did we get the better end of the stick? why? :lupe::sadbron:
luck of the draw.could of easily been the other way

1950 was not long ago :lupe: our pops were hitting teen years

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
america-unmasked-the-images-that-reveal-the-ku-klux-klan-is-alive-and-kicking-in-2009-1625732.html

black%20lynching.jpg

LynchingCaro_article-small_6238.jpg

lynch-castrated.jpg

lynching2.234133228_std-457x350.jpg

Strange Fruit, various public lynchings. A majority of these men were castrated before they were hung. (i wonder why)

9999004618-l.jpg

Sit in protesters integrating a Woolworths counter.

4999515043_c1f5a8f413_z.jpg

James Meredith who integrated Ole Miss, organized a single man march and was shot by a sniper, MLK and the SNC continued it for him.....
March Against Fear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

flhape.jpg

Founder of American Neo Nazi movement, George Lincoln Rockwell at a Nation of Islam rally 1961.Personal guest of Elijah Muhammad.
Strange Bedfellows: American Nazi Party & Nation of Islam - Political Wrinkles

250px-Fred_Hampton_dead_body.jpg

Fred Hampton, ASSASSINATED unarmed in his sleep by police after being drugged by FBI operatives at age 21.

Fred Hampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me know if you want more
let see more, but put those in a spoiler

Last edited: