Do these photos make you SAD, MAD or PROUD?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
all white jurys

Convictions of minority defendants
  • Lynching of Ed Johnson in Chattanooga, Tennessee in 1906. Convicted by an all-white jury and sentenced to death for raping a white woman, Johnson appealed to the United States Supreme Court challenging the racial composition of his jury. Johnson's execution was stayed by Justice John Marshall Harlan but Johnson was then lynched by a mob with the acquiescence of the local sheriff. A note left on his body informed the Court: "Come get your ****** now."[2]
  • Scottsboro Boys, group of African Americans wrongfully convicted for rape of a Caucasian woman and sentenced to death in 1931.[9]
  • Rubin "Hurricane" Carter in Paterson, New Jersey in 1967 in his first trial, but was retried and reconvicted in 1976 by a jury that included African Americans.[10]
  • Clarence Brandley, convicted by an all-white jury and sentenced to death for the murder of a white high school student;[11] later exonerated.
  • Mychal Bell, a member of the Jena Six, convicted of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated second-degree battery in Jena, Louisiana in 2007.[12]
Acquittals of white defendants

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
115322936.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
On May 21, 1961, the church was a refuge for the passengers on the Freedom ride which met with violence at the Greyhound Bus Station in downtown Montgomery. The church was filled with some 1500 worshipers and activists, including Martin Luther King, Jr.,Fred Shuttlesworth, Diane Nash, and James Farmer.[13] The building was besieged by 3000 whites who threatened to burn it.[14]In the basement, Dr. King, in the company of Abernathy, Wyatt Tee Walker, James Farmer, and John Lewis, was on the phone withUnited States Attorney GeneralRobert F. Kennedy, while bricks were thrown through the windows and tear gas came drifting in. According to Lewis, Kennedy jokingly asked King to say a prayer, since he was in a church anyway; the activists in the basement were not amused.

imagine being in a church with 3,000 cacs wanting ot lynch you outside brehs?>

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
naah why hide it? ppl need to see it

blacks were hanged like animals 40yrs ago

this is the problem America wants to keep it hid
im white and it makes unbelievably sad

question, why do whites feel this has no effects on blacks today? My mom told me how horrible the white people were to her & her classmates the day MLK got killed. These things are real to us & it effects us dearly, why do whites want to wipe it away as if its meaningless :why:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
this is the problem America wants to keep it hid

question, why do whites feel this has no effects on blacks today? My mom told me how horrible the white people were to her & her classmates the day MLK got killed. These things are real to us & it effects us dearly, why do whites want to wipe it away as if its meaningless :why:

i dont see how it cannot effect, we have a long way to go. the most powerful pic for me is the woman who is following the young lady and has an enraged look on her face. she probably never spoke to her, or knows her at all. she just hates because she was taught to hate her, it scares the hell out of me

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
Smh you really think democrats give two fukks about your black ass?

don't get all Malcolm x on me homie..i could give a damn about both parties.Blacks need to look at these pictures and listen to the older generation that been threw this shyt and get educated and quit killing each other and love or skin...this is the truest words spoken on T.V

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
don't get all Malcolm x on me homie..i could give a damn about both parties.Blacks need to look at these pictures and listen to the older generation that been threw this shyt and get educated and quit killing each other and love or skin...this is the truest words spoken on T.V

I quoted you because you only mentioned the republicans as if the democrats were any different. And it's not just the old generation who believe this shyt. Their kids also hold those same opinions. It's not just a bunch of 60 year old cacs who believe you're inferior. Their children and grandchildren also could give two fukks about you too.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm kinda ambivalent.

Because that struggle made us strong. Look at that strong 15 year old sista. Nowadays most 15 year olds are off somewhere twerkin'. They don't have any real problems.