Do some of you really believe this Mandela effect nonsense?

Do you remember seeing Sinbad in that genie movie ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters

RehReh

KasGoinJail đź’€
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
It's real because looking back ain't no some people really had me fukked up like that

Braman

Superstar
Daps
OP is a good example of why certain things like Mandela effect grow legs.

No offense OP but you dumb as hell.

So with gen z and people like OP, they can’t tell when something on the internet is tongue in cheek pause.
The things we used to say in a trolling, fun manner—-like Mandela effect—-they believe it! And make whole conspiracies on it. Insanity

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that sindbad thing is just because his name is from an old arab story, like where genies are from. PRobably because he was popular at the time, had something coming out at the same time of the movie, things got conflated in people's mind.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I don't believe in it but I do think it's common for many groups of people to share the same false memory, even in the media.

For instance, even though Ricky never said "Lucy, you've got some splaining to do" on I Love Lucy, pop culture referenced the line so much that they pretty much accept it as canon and people believe it was said on the show. Ditto for "Luke, I Am Your Father." It was never said that way in the original Star Wars but so many references to that line word it like that.

I remember when T-Pain also broke down how he never said "Ooooh Weee" in the Buy U A Drank hook. He corrected people by saying "Aaaand Theeen..." and people were confused and treated it like a PSYOP lol.

I think there's many things that lots of people accept even if it's false and, when we learn the truth, it blows our minds and some people think a conspiracy is responsible for it.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
full

I'm dying on that Berenstein bears hill.
I don't give a fukk!​

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
full

I'm dying on that Berenstein bears hill.
I don't give a fukk!​
Same , I can kinda understand the Monopoly man having a monocle because he did wear one in some of the Chance/Community chest cards
I also remember Curious George not having a tail because i thought it was weird as a kid

Them bears were Berenstein, I don’t care what people say

Last edited:

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Biggest one for me was the Berenstein Bears, it’s Berenstain. I read a lot of those books with Teddy Ruxpen and I really did think it was Berenstein
Looks like we're from the same timeline :whew:

I know damn well my childhood books said berenstein

Geode

All Star
Daps
That’s not why. People remembering it being announced that Mandela had died vs those that didn’t is probably the first time large groups of people remembering different versions of an event
Not buying it. Let me guess who thought he was dead when he was still alive...