Do some of you really believe this Mandela effect nonsense?

Do you remember seeing Sinbad in that genie movie ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
What is there not to believe?

If anything its a remarkable example of how our brainss work.

Go up to anyone, ask them how to spell Looney Tunes. We've seen the words on logos, tv, commercials, films, print all our lives and our brains still forced all of us to spell it how we thought was appropriate, to the point where we don't even actually read it anymore.

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cacs could tell you nikkas anything and yall take it as law

Imagine not believing shyt you ceen with your own eyes because cacs made a fancy term “oh nah it never happened that’s the Mandela effect “ and you c00n ass nikkas “well if massa said it didn’t happen then it didn’t :yeshrug:

I know for a fact that was sinbad in that genie movie
Pull it up on imdb
:sas2:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
there's 3 that fukked my head up:

Ricky never actually said "you got some splainin to do"
Martin never actually said "damn gina..."
Bow Wow said " i wanna be a muthafukkin hustler" instead of i wanna be a muthafukkin gangsta on Snoop album

the Ricky and Martin ones, im :patrice:on.....cause i swear i heard it.....but aint no damn evidence....Ive rewatched these shows multiple times and have NOT come across these iconic ass phrases....how?

the Bow Wow thing came to light on the verzuz cause everyone was quoting it as gangsta in anticipation and when he played it and it said Hustler, nikkas was :lupe: like shyt

and yeah....i have a very vague but very real memory of Sinbad cheesing like shyt in a genie outfit but I let that go

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
It's scary to think about... As others have mentioned, I remember berenstein, the cornucopia in fruit of the loom, and most definitely Sinbad in a genie movie.

The reason the shaq/Sinbad thing hits so hard is because I was a kid when these came out, the shyt was part of my childhood. I remember Sinbad movie where he was protecting that rich kid from the white house that got kidnapped, I remember him in the GENIE MOVIE AS WELL. I remember Shaq in man of steel, I do NOT remember him ever playing a genie. All these movies came out around the same time, so how is it I remember the other ones just fine but not Kazam?! shyt is really crazy, either we are in different timelines or my memory is shytty.

It's easier to accept that our memories just suck so most people just roll with that, but honestly man idk how does ALL of our memories get the exact same things incorrect? shyt is spooky

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
No, and I never thought Mandella passed earlier than when he did. I never knew so many people thought he was all ready deceased. Sounds more like a rumor that circulated about his death that spread among a small segment, then grew into something when he actually did pass.

But I'm not gonna lie, when I was viewing one of the R&B Oldies but Goodies threads here several months ago, I did let myself get confused into thinking Curtis Mayfield wrote "Be Thankful For What You Got", after a brother posted a thumbnail of Curtis Mayfield on the front cover of that song. Being around when that sound was out, that thumbnail didn't register with me, but I didn't feel like doing the research to find out who really sung that song. That very popular song was actually sung by an artist named William Devaughn, who was not too well known, especially if you was still a child like I was. When the song was released, it wasn't like everybody was running around saying, "That's William Devaughn", which is his only hit I can think of at the moment...not saying that he might not have had a few since then. Anyway, I still shouldn't have believed the possibility of that song being sung by Curtis Mayfield. I guess since nobody else pointed this mistake out, I thought it may have been right. Still no excuse. I guess I was just being lazy. Nonetheless, I wouldn't call this some type of Mandella Effect phenomenal. I'd say it's no more than just a generation gap mistake, and a couple of older cats not responding to this mistake fast enough, if they saw it.

Last edited: