Do some of you really believe this Mandela effect nonsense?

Do you remember seeing Sinbad in that genie movie ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard younger people on the internet say Jack Kennedy, instead of John Kennedy. Generation Z will probably wound up believing the president was Jack Kennedy, instead of John Kennedy.
He was known by Jack Kennedy. That's actually what the older generation referred to him as. It's kinda how celebrities trying to stunt always make it a point to say they know "Bobby" De Niro.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
He was known by Jack Kennedy. That's actually what the older generation referred to him as. It's kinda how celebrities trying to stunt always make it a point to say they know "Bobby" De Niro.
I was thinking his father was named Jack Kennedy. I forget it was Joe Kennedy...you know that history.

Anyway, now I do remember reading or hearing a documentary, where they said John was also known as Jack to his family. That's part of my point. Those were documentries that I probably only heard but some many times. However about 10 or so years ago, I would sometimes hear commentators on the radio addressing John Kennedy as Jack Kennedy from the beginning, without ever mentioning John. That's when I thought they were confusing him with his father. Like I said, the only other time I heard or read his nickname Jack, was on some documentary, when they made it clear it was John's nickname to his family.

With that said, his name Jack was never popular enough to the general public, to be referring to him as Jack Kennedy. You'd have to read his biography, or get that kind of information from a documenrtary. Even in the 60's, he was never referred to as Jack Kennedy.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
The namesake of this "effect" is crazy. People don't remember the memorial that Obama attended? The one where Michelle glaring at him because he was keke'ing with some pawg. That shyt was everywhere :dahell:

I think the strong hand line is in another part of the movie
That's why it's named after him.
When that happened everybody was like holup:dahell:didnt he die in like 99-00??
Some ppl think he died in the early 90's

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D

2127077605_e959e6879b_n.jpg

Look, I got this EXACT BOOK someplace, I don't ever throw away my youth literature books and I'm willing to bet, with a gun to my head, that shyt was Stein!
As for the Monopoly man...he ain't have a monocle? I think folk were confusing him with Mr Peanut, 'cause the original drawing most definitely had one....right?​
Lol don't do it to yourself.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I mentioned in post #27 that I let myself get persuaded into believing Curtis Mayfield wrote, "Be Thankful For What You Got", a big hit that was really released by William Devaughn in the spring of 1974. This was the result of some young you-tubers posting this song, with Curtis Mayfield on the thumbnail, believing he was the originator.

I saw a you-tube video a few days ago of a White dude discussing the so-called Mandela Effect. And he used this William Devaughn/Curtis Mayfield mix up as his first example. However, most off the comments in that video said they thought everyone knew the song was written by William Devaughn. Like I said earlier, I should have known that one myself. That's why I agreed that this Mandela Effect thing has gotten a little blown outta proportion. Like I said, it's more of a matter of young people spreading information without doing their research. Or they really believed what they posted was true for a long time, perhaps since childhood, just to find out they were wrong all those years. That happens a lot with music in particular.

The same thing happened again recently, concerning the nice 1975 release, "Do You Remember The Rain", sung by a group outta Chicago named, "21st Century". That group should have went a lot further than they did, especially with that release. But today on you-tube, you can also find this exact same song with the "The Silvers" thumbnail, which is incorrect. I thought it was the Jackson Five when I first heard it back in the day. I could understand someone thinking it was the Silvers too. But to me, it sounded more like a Jackson Five cut, even though Michael Jackson and Foster Silver sounded just alike.

So again, I wouldn't create some type of a phenomenal outta this mixup either.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:I swear dude from Scary Movie 2 said “take my strong hand.” And not just “take my hand” lol.

:why: But I just watched this movie a few days ago, and I think he said use my strong one which made it funnier

I must have the memory of a goldfish

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Cacs could tell you nikkas anything and yall take it as law

Imagine not believing shyt you ceen with your own eyes because cacs made a fancy term “oh nah it never happened that’s the Mandela effect “ and you c00n ass nikkas “well if

:mjlol:

it's true.

you want proof?

were kevin costner and whitney houston ever an item?

:hubie::wow: