Do some of you really believe this Mandela effect nonsense?

Do you remember seeing Sinbad in that genie movie ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh, ain't nobody black knew what the fukk a cornucopia was till we realized that was the shyt on the back of them thin ass shirt packs when we saw the shyts being described elsewhere with a visual representation. Like, can't nobody just VISUALIZE some shyt you ain't never seen before. This ain't the fukking Simpsons!
Breh I didn't know what the fukk it was until my 3rd grade teacher called one of the students up and looked at the tag on his shirt. She used the fruit of the loom logo to teach us what that shyt was.

I seen that logo everytime I put a white tee on as a kid, don't mean I knew what the shyt was:manny:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the namesake was when he came out of prison. People thought he died already.

Could be the case but his presidency was huge deal. I don't know how people who thought he died didn't figure, "well I guess he didn't." and dead this phrase 30 years ago or at least pick another name for it. Some of these plainly just remembered wrong.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Here's one that still messes old schoolers up, including myself. But I always thought the correct age to graduate from high school was 17. But a brother who grew up with us, born in the month of Sept., says it's always been 18. He's about 3 years older than me. I told him he must have stayed back...lol. But now I see we were both right. As a child growing up in DC and Maryland, I was told that the DMV had changed the age and date a child could start kindergarden. At first, you had to be 5 before the 1st of Jan. If not, you had to wait until Sept, the beginning of the next school year, to start kindergarten.

Then by the mid 60's, they changed the law. Now you could start kindergarten on your 4th birthday, as long as you were 4 before Jan. 1st of that school year, which would had already started on Sept. I was one of those children that was able to start kindergarten on their 4th birthday. I believe it's been that way since. So apparently, our neighbor who grew up with us, had already started school before that new law went into effect, when you had to wait until you were 5 to start kindergarten, and like I said, your birthday had to come before Jan 1st. Therefore, most students his age, born in the same month he was, started the 12th grade at 18. Which meant they graduated at 18.

But at the same time, most students who started school after that new law was passed, are 17 when they start the 12th grade. And a lot of them do turn 18 by graduation time. So that makes my older neighbor right in a sense. I just know I graduated at 17, like a lot of students in my class did. But some of them did turn 18 by graduation time as well. But I didn't turn 18 until after that next school year had started, unlike a lot of my class, who were already 18 by then. So I guess my neighbor was on the very high end of the age spectrum, and I was on the very low end of the age spectrum, as far as the correct high school graduating age. That's probably why we see it so differently, when it comes to this.

So does this has anything to do with a so-called Mandela Effect? That's one for the older cats to wrestle with I guess.

But this did solve the puzzle of those very few classmates with birthdays being very close to mine, but one year older than me, misleading me to think they had stayed back. It was just that that new law had just got passed, allowing me to start school on my 4th birthday, which didn't require me to wait unitl Jan 1, like they had to. In other words, they still had to wait a year, like our older neighbor did, and many more, before that new law was enforced. So there was a good chance that children born in my year, with birthdays close to mine, could have wound up starting school at the same time as their one year older sibling. I knew two siblings in my class who were affected by this, with one being one year older than the other. Me and the younger one were born on the exact same day, and the older one's birthday was a day later. And I always thought the older one might have stayed back, although she no where near fit that category.

So was this second scenario anything related to a Mandela Effect? I'd say it's even further related, but still something to think about.

Last edited:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Here's one that still messes old schoolers up, including myself. But I always thought the correct age to graduate from high school was 17. But a brother who grew up with us, born in the month of Sept., says it's always been 18. He's about 3 years older than me. I told him he must have stayed back...lol. But now I see we were both right. As a child growing up in DC and Maryland, I was told that the DMV had changed the age and date a child could start kindergarden. At first, you had to be 5 before the 1st of Jan. If not, you had to wait until Sept, the beginning of the next school year, to start kindergarten.

Then by the mid 60's, they changed the law. Now you could start kindergarten on your 4th birthday, as long as you were 4 before Jan. 1st of that school year, which would had already started on Sept. I was one of those children that was able to start kindergarten on their 4th birthday. I believe it's been that way since. So apparently, our neighbor who grew up with us, had already started school before that new law went into effect, when you had to wait until you were 5 to start kindergarten, and like I said, your birthday had to come before Jan 1st. Therefore, most students his age, born in the same month he was, started the 12th grade at 18. Which meant they graduated at 18.

But at the same time, most students who started school after that new law was passed, are 17 when they start the 12th grade. And a lot of them do turn 18 by graduation time. So that makes my older neighbor right in a sense. I just know I graduated at 17, like a lot of students in my class did. But some of them did turn 18 by graduation time as well. But I didn't turn 18 until after that next school year had started, unlike a lot of my class, who were already 18 by then. So I guess my neighbor was on the very high end of the age spectrum, and I was on the very low end of the age spectrum, as far as the correct high school graduating age. That's probably why we see it so differently, when it comes to this.

So does this has anything to do with a so-called Mandela Effect? That's one for the older cats to wrestle with I guess.

But this did solve the puzzle of those very few classmates with birthdays being very close to mine, but one year older than me, misleading me to think they had stayed back. It was just that that new law had just got passed, allowing me to start school on my 4th birthday, which didn't require me to wait unitl Jan 1, like they had to. In other words, they still had to wait a year, like our older neighbor did, and many more, before that new law was enforced. So there was a good chance that children born in my year, with birthdays close to mine, could have wound up starting school at the same time as their one year older sibling. I knew two siblings in my class who were affected by this, with one being one year older than the other. Me and the younger one were born on the exact same day, and the older one's birthday was a day later. And I always thought the older one might have stayed back, although she no where near fit that category.

So was this second scenario anything related to a Mandela Effect? I'd say it's even further related, but still something to think about.
Not related. I did have a friend who graduated high school with me, but he was 17 the summer before college so he couldn't go to the 18 and up clubs with us :mjlol:

Mandela effect moreso when a significant portion of the population believe an event or anything really occured a different way.

A lot of people believe Forrest Gump said "life is like a box of chocolates" but he really said "life was like a box of chocolates"

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Breh I didn't know what the fukk it was until my 3rd grade teacher called one of the students up and looked at the tag on his shirt. She used the fruit of the loom logo to teach us what that shyt was.

I seen that logo everytime I put a white tee on as a kid, don't mean I knew what the shyt was:manny:

And that's my point. Didn't nobody know what it was and the first time we saw it..was on the fukking package. Wasn't no other brand in mass modern conscious, showing no damned Cornocopia to the point where the general public was like "Yo, that's the food horn." We didn't conjure this shyt up on some mass delusion...we fukkin' seen it!
:why:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Correction: That new school law that went into effect in the mid 60's, meant you no longer had to be 5 at the beginning of the school year, which started September 1st, to start kindergarten that year. As long as you turned 5 by December 31st of that school year, you could start school that year. If that law hadn't gone into effect, I would have had to wait another year, like my older neighbor did, who was also born after August 31st.

This is probably worst than the so-called Mandella Effect, because people my age still don't know exactly how this changed things, because they were children. However our parents would. But becasue of age, and how long ago this went into effect, a lot of them have trouble explaining exactly how this changed things as well.

I believe this was actually a federal law. If it was, then it affected everybody born in this country after the mid 60's, who had a birthday after August 31st, and by Decemeber 31st.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yall dumb ass's really belive it was Berenstein? :dead: its never been stein, you dumb asses just couldn't read for shyt when you were kids. It has always been Berenstain.

And Sinbad has explained numerous times he did a USA special when he wore a genie type costume. He was never in a Shazam movie you dumb asses got it confused with Kazam.

White people can make some of you believe anything. :smh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall dumb ass's really belive it was Berenstein? :dead: its never been stein, you dumb asses just couldn't read for shyt when you were kids. It has always been Berenstain.

And Sinbad has explained numerous times he did a USA special when he wore a genie type costume. He was never in a Shazam movie you dumb asses got it confused with Kazam.

White people can make some of you believe anything. :smh:

That’s the entire point…… You’re talking about 100s of thousands if not millions remembering something different….. That’s why the whole timeline thing gets thrown around

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That’s the entire point…… You’re talking about 100s of thousands if not millions remembering something different….. That’s why the whole timeline thing gets thrown around
People are very stupid especially in this country as proven the past 8 years. We all misremember things but to equate it to being in an alternate timeline is just plain retarded.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I heard younger people on the internet say Jack Kennedy, instead of John Kennedy. Generation Z will probably wound up believing the president was Jack Kennedy, instead of John Kennedy.