Do people still think VR is the future?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's the future.

Once it's refined to a 4k 8k experience in glasses that don't need that big ass headset it's over

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
VR is helping me work on my golf skills. Golf is hard as fukk. This shyt is not just a gimmick.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I had my doubts but shyt is mind blowing

I think eventually it’ll get to ready player one status

In the next generation, if not 2. About 15 years from now. There's already AR vests and shyt where if you get shot you can feel it.

Veteran
Daps
I just don't see VR being the future. At least not how it's currently implemented.

VR is cool for certain kind of games, Racing, Horror, FPS and mini games. When you start to stray outside of that...ehhh

I think it has a spot in gaming as it's own thing, but most games aren't going to be improved by VR.

VR and motion control games are a very similar niche. And just like motion control while huge and still used and has it's place, didn't just take over... neither will VR.

I feel like AR has a ton more potential but if VR is a generation away AR is probably 3 away.

That's basically every game:skip:

Veteran
Daps
I was so very very ready for VR. I thought it would be the future. I got the first Rift, Vive, PSVR. It was cool. Then it stopped being cool. Then I stopped even playing vr games. I tried again with Half-Life Alyx and it made me physically sick :huhldup:

maybe AR is the future. I guess if anybody can do it, it’ll be Apple. :yeshrug:

It made you sick because you didn't develop VR legs. I think most beginners, myself included, should play no more than 15 minutes at a time and build up from there.

The only reason I didn't get sick was because of the snap turn settings.