Do people still think VR is the future?

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Yes. So long as there are lonely people. Sex and video games have driven technology in the last 20 years. Combining the 2 will only speed up the process.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I just got my oculus quest a few days ago and I'm more excited about playing it than any game that has came out in the past few years. Its also a great workout. If they continue to build on the technology I can see it really getting really big.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I dont think VR outside of Arcades (which are dead) and small stand alones is really the future of gaming. I never have, I can't think of any situations where I'd want to play a full game in VR over just normally.

AR on the other hand I think has huge potential
My issue with VR is simply they gimmick itself will always be the focus. At one point 3D gaming wasn't common but it is now and great game design was able to take the focus off a game being 3D and people just consider those normal games now. VR at least in the foreseeable future won't be that. It will be a type of gaming people seek out for the novelty of VR.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
My issue with VR is simply they gimmick itself will always be the focus. At one point 3D gaming wasn't common but it is now and great game design was able to take the focus off a game being 3D and people just consider those normal games now. VR at least in the foreseeable future won't be that. It will be a type of gaming people seek out for the novelty of VR.
Have you tried VR?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It isn’t a fad but it’s gonna be it’s own separate thing. It won’t takeover anything. There’s too many limitations and caveats. Like the fact that 2 people gotta have a VR set on in ur crib to play multiplayer. U need to set up when u play and have some space. Something has to be on ur head for an extended amount of time. It’s not as easy as picking up and playing at the end of the night. It’s not relaxing to play. It’s stimulating. Alotta people deal with motion sickness after a while. People who wear glasses have a harder time as far as adjustments. There’s work arounds for a lot of this stuff but these are still issues and it’s a reason why it won’t replace standard gaming. Biggest thing is that there’s a lot of gaming styles that aren’t suitable for VR.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It isn’t a fad but it’s gonna be it’s own separate thing. It won’t takeover anything. There’s too many limitations and caveats. Like the fact that 2 people gotta have a VR set on in ur crib to play multiplayer. U need to set up when u play and have some space. Something has to be on ur head for an extended amount of time. It’s not as easy as picking up and playing at the end of the night. It’s not relaxing to play. It’s stimulating. Alotta people deal with motion sickness after a while. People who wear glasses have a harder time as far as adjustments. There’s work arounds for a lot of this stuff but these are still issues and it’s a reason why it won’t replace standard gaming. Biggest thing is that there’s a lot of gaming styles that aren’t suitable for VR.
Reality is, all these issues will make devs/publishers invest the most of their money in traditional games.

Doesn’t make sense to spend a bunch of money developing a VR game that will only reach a small fraction of the gaming community at best.

Only platform holders have the incentive to invest a lot into VR.

Until Sony or somebody else decides to throw a bunch of unanswered money at it, it will stay niche.

Judging by history, Sony ain’t gone be the one to put themselves out there. :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Reality is, all these issues will make devs/publishers invest the most of their money in traditional games.

Doesn’t make sense to spend a bunch of money developing a VR game that will only reach a small fraction of the gaming community at best.

Only platform holders have the incentive to invest a lot into VR.

Until Sony or somebody else decides to throw a bunch of unanswered money at it, it will stay niche.

Judging by history, Sony ain’t gone be the one to put themselves out there. :manny:
I feel like Sony is invested but people don’t get that that shyt gonna prolly clock in costing around the same price as the console itself if not more. The price of entry for VR is the best with Oculus cause u don’t need a console and it’s pretty decently priced. But still.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel like Sony is invested but people don’t get that that shyt gonna prolly clock in costing around the same price as the console itself if not more. The price of entry for VR is the best with Oculus cause u don’t need a console and it’s pretty decently priced. But still.
Sony will only go as far as what makes them money.

we’ve seen it before with the PSVR1 and a bunch of other peripherals/spin-offs.

Nobody gone invest real AAA money into VR until VR proves itself. Problem is, VR won’t prove itself till somebody invests some good money into it.

Chicken or the egg. Sony ain’t gone be the egg with all the risk. They will sooner drop the hardware altogether, than make it a priority, just like they’ve done with lots of other hardware ideas in the past.

Last edited: