Do people still think VR is the future?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Sony will only go as far as what makes them money.

we’ve seen it before with the PSVR1 and a bunch of other peripherals/spin-offs.

Nobody gone invest real AAA money into VR until VR proves itself. Problem is, VR won’t prove itself till somebody invests some good money into it.

Chicken or the egg. Sony ain’t gone be the egg with all the risk. They will sooner drop the hardware altogether, than make it a priority, just like they’ve done with lots of other hardware ideas in the past.
Well PSVR1 has had support up until this day and it wasn’t some super money maker. It’s a niche market and Sony knows that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro there’s a bunch of Sony VR games. And they are making PSVR2. Which means they are supporting the tech. Man I agree with u and ur overall statement about VR. But I hope u dont feel this way about it because Sony is involved.
Let’s be real Sony has made and abandoned plenty of hardware. And that’s not just Sony. That’s pretty much the legacy of all video game peripherals. Nobody wants to jump out that window first, so the devices just kinda sit until they die.

Imagine if Sony put a real Naughty Dogg type investment/effort into VR. That’s what it would need. And not just one, but multiple games on that level.

Problem is nobody is gonna make that investment cause they can clearly and easily make way more money investing in a game with traditional controls.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Bro there’s a bunch of Sony VR games. And they are making PSVR2. Which means they are supporting the tech. Man I agree with u and ur overall statement about VR. But I hope u dont feel this way about it because Sony is involved.
I think meach is right about Sony not supporting the psvr in a real way. They had the best selling VR headset on the market and NEVER released a real controller for the shyt. Those move controllers were not built for VR and they made every game that wasn't some on rails tech demo worse to play. At the very least they could have made the move joystick attachment compatible with the psvr but they didn't even care enough to do that.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think meach is right about Sony not supporting the psvr in a real way. They had the best selling VR headset on the market and NEVER released a real controller for the shyt. Those move controllers were not built for VR and they made every game that wasn't some on rails tech demo worse to play. At the very least they could have made the move joystick attachment compatible with the psvr but they didn't even care enough to do that.
I mean it was 2016 tech but I feel what u saying. We‘ll see what happens.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Imagine if Sony put a real Naughty Dogg type investment/effort into VR. That’s what it would need. And not just one, but multiple games on that level.

Problem is nobody is gonna make that investment cause they can clearly and easily make way more money investing in a game with traditional controls.
I think it would be easier to just design games that can he played in VR and with traditional controls instead of designing some big budget AAA game for hardware that's still fairly niche.

I think if games like COD, battlefield, Halo, GTA, fallout, etc. released fully playable in VR alot more people would be interested in trying it out. That to me would be better and cheaper than games built specifically for VR.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
VR has a better chance of succeeding than gamepass

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I mean it was 2016 tech but I feel what u saying. We‘ll see what happens.
Those move controllers were released in 2010, and even if they had to use them, they could have atleast added a stick.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it would be easier to just design games that can he played in VR and with traditional controls instead of designing some big budget AAA game for hardware that's still fairly niche.

I think if games like COD, battlefield, Halo, GTA, fallout, etc. released fully playable in VR alot more people would be interested in trying it out. That to me would be better and cheaper than games built specifically for VR.

But those games will never truly use VR to its strengths.

This is kinda how all video game peripherals go. Devs will make a VR “mode” just to test the waters, but they will never truly go all in until they are sure people will buy the hardware.

Consumers won’t go all in on VR until there are some real, must have games that can only be experienced in VR.

In the meantime both devs and consumers will stick with what has been working for decades.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
But those games will never truly use VR to its strengths.

This is kinda how all video game peripherals go. Devs will make a VR “mode” just to test the waters, but they will never truly go all in until they are sure people will buy the hardware.

Consumers won’t go all in on VR until there are some real, must have games that can only be experienced in VR.

In the meantime both devs and consumers will stick with what has been working for decades.
I dont think every game has to use VR to it's full extent.

Everyone that I've let use my VR were the most impressed with resident evil 7, and that game is an example of the type of games I'm talking about.

I think being able to jump into a call of duty or battlefield lobby in VR with crossplay would be a bigger deal than something like that half life game, even if half life incorporates more VR features.

I feel like people would be more likely to buy one if they could play games they already have in VR, instead of buying one for maybe 5 games built specifically for VR.