Do people still think VR is the future?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
but still not fully mainstream.

I can tell you haven't you tried a good VR machine with a good game, which is understandable because true high quality VR is upwards of $600+ and needing a $800 PC.

And we're only talking about games. What about it's application to the Military, Construction Industry, Real Estate, etc? The possibilities are crazy. VR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Even faster PSVR was damn good.

We'll see how the PSVR2 hold, as of now it's a revolutionary top dog.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I can tell you haven't you tried a good VR machine with a good game, which is understandable because true high quality VR is upwards of $600+ and needing a $800 PC.

And we're only talking about games. What about it's application to the Military, Construction Industry, Real Estate, etc? The possibilities are crazy. VR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Even faster PSVR was damn good.

We'll see how the PSVR2 hold, as of now it's a revolutionary top dog.
I listed the reasons in this thread where it’s gonna be a long way from replacing gaming. nikkas is hype off that Oculus but once u delve deep and start recognizing the flaws u will realize it has its own place. But won’t be a replacement.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's basically every game:skip:
RPG, Fighters, 2D platformers and side scrolling. A lot of 3rd person games. Strategy games, Retro games. Local multiplayer is a chore. There’s plenty of gaming options out there that make little sense in VR. VR gaming is not something u can just come home and do to wind down and relax. It’s very stimulating. For the people who play video games to relax. It’s not even an option. nikkas thought the Wii motion controls was gonna replace gaming. U see how people begged for Skyward Sword to get rid of that motion shyt and it’s a better game for it right now? Lol

Veteran
Daps
I listed the reasons in this thread where it’s gonna be a long way from replacing gaming. nikkas is hype off that Oculus but once u delve deep and start recognizing the flaws u will realize it has its own place. But won’t be a replacement.

I never said it'll replace gaming, to think so is silly. But then, we could be wrong if it becomes some Ready Player One shyt. nikkas might really be wanting to escape life. Long day at work? Just put on the VR and hit up the beach with a bunch of naked bytches. :mjgrin:The possibilities are endless. Of course it don't beat real life, but it's better than nothing.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I never said it'll replace gaming, to think so is silly. But then, we could be wrong if it becomes some Ready Player One shyt. nikkas might really be wanting to escape life. Long day at work? Just put on the VR and hit up the beach with a bunch of naked bytches. :mjgrin:The possibilities are endless. Of course it don't beat real life, but it's better than nothing.
It’s too isolating. If u got kids n responsibilities it literally takes u away from life. U think women mad when u play PlayStation or Xbox. They gonna be breaking the fukk out of them VR sets. Lol. Like I said. It has its place. People who think it’s gonna replace anything in it’s current clunky form are nuts. Lol.

Veteran
Daps
RPG, Fighters, 2D platformers and side scrolling. A lot of 3rd person games. Strategy games, Retro games. Local multiplayer is a chore. There’s plenty of gaming options out there that make little sense in VR. VR gaming is not something u can just come home and do to wind down and relax. It’s very stimulating. For the people who play video games to relax. It’s not even an option. nikkas thought the Wii motion controls was gonna replace gaming. U see how people begged for Skyward Sword to get rid of that motion shyt and it’s a better game for it right now? Lol

Elder Scrolls is a RPG and already on VR. 2D sidescrolling could work in VR too, just think of it as being in the bleachers

You can come home and relax with VR. GTA with realstic graphics and you could hit the beach, climb some mountains, or fly an airplane. San Andreas VR is already being made.:yeshrug:

We don't know the truth capabilities of VR, which is why it not denouncing it. I agree, sitting with a controller in your hand is nice, but if VR becomes close to reality....well we just don't know.

Veteran
Daps
It’s too isolating. If u got kids n responsibilities it literally takes u away from life. U think women mad when u play PlayStation or Xbox. They gonna be breaking the fukk out of them VR sets. Lol. Like I said. It has its place. People who think it’s gonna replace anything in his current clunky form are nuts. Lol.

Kids and responsibilities? That makes an even bigger reason to use VR and escape from the daily grind called life. Kids are an excuse either, if you want to make time for something bad enough, you will. That's why some of us get up at 5am to hit the gym

Veteran
Daps

I don't think it'll replace normal gaming, but if it becomes close to being real, then it's a huge possibility. I'd say 2 generations minimum and we'll have our answers.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Elder Scrolls is a RPG and already on VR. 2D sidescrolling could work in VR too, just think of it as being in the bleachers

You can come home and relax with VR. GTA with realstic graphics and you could hit the beach, climb some mountains, or fly an airplane. San Andreas VR is already being made.:yeshrug:

We don't know the truth capabilities of VR, which is why it not denouncing it. I agree, sitting with a controller in your hand is nice, but if VR becomes close to reality....well we just don't know.
Elder scrolls is a specific type of RPG. Most RPGs wouldn’t translate well and there’s a lot of people who still prefer playing that on console as well. U have those RPGs where u are on horse or traversing across MAD land. Top down RPGs. 3rd person. Etc etc. and why the hell would I wanna be in the bleachers for a 2D platformer that requires fast reflexes n shyt like that when I can do the easy thing and play with a TV in front of me with the same but better effect. Cause it’s right there. Lol. It’s like finding a more complicated way to do the same shyt u already do. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I don't think it'll replace normal gaming, but if it becomes close to being real, then it's a huge possibility. I'd say 2 generations minimum and we'll have our answers.
2 generations is like 20 years from now my guy. I don’t even give a fukk what’s gonna be going on then. I believe AR will take off further honestly.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was literally just about to post this same thing about the wii. But your whole post is on right on point.

Like I said VR is cool, and if anything it's the upgrade to motion control, the next level in that kind of "full body" experience.

I played the oculus and I was blown away by it, and walked away thinking VR is up next. But it was also clear to me that it wasn't replacing or taking over traditional gaming. It's a cool alternative experience that everyone should and at some point will try. But the future of gaming it's not... No one trying to get home from work, get undressed and then suit up for VR.

I believe the future of gaming is AR, to me it's what's comes next after 3D gaming ( aka what we are playing now)

edit: VR kind of had it's big push a few years back when every phone and headset device could do some kind of whack VR. Unless some huge VR movie and game drop I don't see it making the splash it made commercially like it did a few years back.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Kids and responsibilities? That makes an even bigger reason to use VR and escape from the daily grind called life. Kids are an excuse either, if you want to make time for something bad enough, you will. That's why some of us get up at 5am to hit the gym
Bruh. U can come home, put on a game. Ur wife could be next to u and ask questions if need be. Ur not too far removed from reality to be able to still pay attention and handle business. Are u married with kids my guy? Cause I don’t think u understand how this works. Lol. Like I said. Women already breaking nikkas consoles for delving too deep. Them VR sets gonna be finito. Also. Working out in the morning is beneficial to ur health. That’s completely different entirely.

Veteran
Daps
Elder scrolls is a specific type of RPG. Most RPGs wouldn’t translate well and there’s a lot of people who still prefer playing that on console as well. U have those RPGs where u are on horse or traversing across MAD land. Top down RPGs. 3rd person. Etc etc. and why the hell would I wanna be in the bleachers for a 2D platformer that requires fast reflexes n shyt like that when I can do the easy thing and play with a TV in front of me with the same but better effect. Cause it’s right there. Lol. It’s like finding a more complicated way to do the same shyt u already do. Lol

Yeah I understand what you mean, id much rather use a controller and regular tv too. But the possibilities are endless. You telling me you wouldn't want to play Tekken in VR?

Just think, you inside the game watching a live fight while still being in control of your character.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I was literally just about to post this same thing about the wii. But your whole post is on right on point.

Like I said VR is cool, and if anything it's the upgrade to motion control, the next level in that kind of "full body" experience.

I played the oculus and I was blown away by it, and walked away thinking VR is up next. But it was also clear to me that it wasn't replacing or taking over traditional gaming. It's a cool alternative experience that everyone should and at some point will try. But the future of gaming it's not... No one trying to get home from work, get undressed and then suit up for VR.

I believe the future of gaming is AR, to me it's what's comes next after 3D gaming ( aka what we are playing now)
I literally said this in my post. Lol. I believe it will be less clunky cause it already is. And a cheaper cost of entry which it already is. When that’s mastered it could be a problem. As far as the VR and Wii shyt. Bro Beat Saber is like the most popular game on VR. That shyt could’ve literally been done on the Wii. It’s literally a more immersive Wii game.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I understand what you mean, id much rather use a controller and regular tv too. But the possibilities are endless. You telling me you wouldn't want to play Tekken in VR?

Just think, you inside the game watching a live fight while still being in control of your character.
I would much rather play it with a standard controller. I mean I guess. I would have to test it out. Lol. I’m not shytting on VR I have an Oculus Quest 2. I’m just trying to put shyt in perspective cause I see people are excited and hype off their new toy. Lol