Disney on that Fresh Prince wave

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Your not understanding what I am saying. We have history that shows white folks don't like black people to have their hair a certain way. That is what the whole joke about when black folks hair is nappy whites aren't happy....comes from.

They have always been more happy with certain black hair styles. It is also the reason black corporate folks got so much push back in the 70s when they wore large fros and shyt like that at work. Compared to low hair cuts and permed hair.

And yes there is a distinct difference between a brotha with short dreads and a brotha with long dreads to white folks. No more difference than their reaction to a sista doing the weather with a lil booty and a big ass booty. Their reaction is night and day.

So as I said this version of the princess is a more acceptable version. Like a whitney houston to a aretha franklin.....to white folks.

I don't think that you understand what I'm saying. I agree with you that white people probably feel more comfortable around a black guy with short dreads than long dreads, though it would depend a lot on the guy's complexion. However, my point is that they've purposefully made this girl racially ambiguous, not just changed her hair length (which would be an apt comparison to the short dreads vs long dreads analogy). They're basically reinforcing the white supremacist idea that the 'whiter' you look, the more beautful you are. This isn't the same message conveyed by your short dreads vs long dreads analogy.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Whoever that Dyani person is that started tearing up over that needs to commit suicide ASAP. I will never understand or relate to people who put that much stock into fictional stories and characters. I dont understand seeking racial or gender inspiration from fictional animated characters . Yet thats what passes for woke nowadays. Its pathetic and speaks volumes on how parents have failed this current generation of overly sensitive, entitled, and immature whiners. They're inspired by fictional animated characters with natural hair yet offended by and hiding from opposing viewpoints.

You must be smoking some good shyt if you think you can explain that shyt to a 5 year old. Truth is they are gonna have other things influencing their identity besides you.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
You must be smoking some good shyt if you think you can explain that shyt to a 5 year old. Truth is they are gonna have other things influencing their identity besides you.
Definitely
An example, to school most of the little girls wear disney princess backpacks
Luckily my daughter is influenced by her big brother and chose a Paw Patrol bag

However, hypothetically, if she had wanted a princess bag I may have been inclined to get a princess Tiana bag (we have never watched the movie)

Imagine she rocks it to school and another little girl had the new image of princess Tiana on her backpack.
What kind of confusion would that send my child?
Which one would be accepted as the actual image of the fictional character?

It’s that white Jesus issue all over again, instead targeting infants.

fukk Disney all day everyday

until the next black panther....

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s animation..,y’all really gonna dissect frame to frame difference in shading? :dahell: some of y’all live on the net just for outrage. On top of that you choose intellectually dishonest ways to present an argument such as using a pic of her at night...knowing she’s shaded darker there :what:

6.3_400w.jpg

character_princess_tiana_ed266702.jpeg

Princess-Tiana-759x500.jpg

Furthermore she looks black in the reck it Ralph pic and her hair looks natural....or is it not tightly coiled enough fo you? Her hair looked pretty straight in the cartoon

Benefited

Banned
Daps
It’s animation..,y’all really gonna dissect frame to frame difference in shading? :dahell: some of y’all live on the net just for outrage. On top of that you choose intellectually dishonest ways to present an argument such as using a pic of her at night...knowing she’s shaded darker there :what:

6.3_400w.jpg

Furthermore she looks black in the reck it Ralph pic and her hair looks natural....or is it not tightly coiled enough fo you? Her hair looked pretty straight in the cartoon

They tried to make her Zendaya and you are a damn liar for not acknowledging that:martin:. The hair color is clearly light brown,less coiled,that Nose bridge looking awful thin,nose looking smaller,we've already covered the lips. The cartoon versions lacks detail and is not the same as 3D,so you are being disingenuous to pretend its the same anyway. You would have to do more to give the perception of a black person than just simple color in 3D. They did all they could to make this character look ambiguous,but more like a mixed race woman when thats not what the character was in the movie. Even if they weren't pushing mulattos in hollywood as the go to black representation of black women,this would still stand out. But being that they are,this stands out even more. As a black woman you should be ashamed of yourself:martin:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

6.3_400w.jpg

Gtfo

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

6.3_400w.jpg

:what:. She still doesn't look remotely like the pic in the OP. Cut the shyt.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
nikkas dead ass mad over cartoons now :dead:

Just don’t watch it :skip:
Albert Einstein
The point of this is to further discourage people from supporting this trash via their children

U just type for the sake of typing?

Oh black people mad again
You too can exit thread

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
They switched up OG Princess Tiana

EDIT
For the benefit of those who do not know how the first black Disney princess originally looked, my bad

2iuvuk5.jpg
b

For her cameo for up and coming Wreck it Ralph movie

They thought we wouldn’t notice but you can’t Aunt Viv these lil black girls any more their eyes are too sharp

Yeah, they made her look more "exotic" and less black.

Last edited: