Disney on that Fresh Prince wave

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't really care, at this point, how we are represented in white supremacist media. I'm more interested in laying the groundwork for black men and women who can establish their own creative studios from which artistic properties that are expressly black in their design and message can be distributed. Stop trying to force white people to treat us with dignity. :francis:
I agree
This is why I keep my children away from Disney fukkery most times. And also why I support @Blacksands productions and cartoons such as “who am I” “kirikou” “Bino and Fino” etc

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Don't know why you're naming the other chicks..Only Tiana is black.

I can kinda see what your saying.. but the princesses in this new Ralph flick all have a similar look facial look.

I named them because when Princess Tiana came out initially, Black women called out Disney for the white Saviour Complex they have noting the aforementioned Disney characters also had white male love interests, and they were not here for it.

Daps
I wouldn't say she is racially ambiguous. But we all know how america feels with black hair and color. Lets just say she is the right type of looking black girl now.

Also this ties into what I have said about the natural hair movement on tv. They are comfortable with the curly afro look. Much more than they were in the 70s with the real kinky big angela davis afro look back then.

Both natural black hair types.....just in white folks eyes one is tamed more so than the other.

No more different than a brotha with short dreads and long dreads and how white folks view them and their hairstyles.

:comeon: Bruh... the typical black women does not look like that. The new character is clearly a mulatto.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
I wouldn't say she is racially ambiguous. But we all know how america feels with black hair and color. Lets just say she is the right type of looking black girl now.

Also this ties into what I have said about the natural hair movement on tv. They are comfortable with the curly afro look. Much more than they were in the 70s with the real kinky big angela davis afro look back then.

Both natural black hair types.....just in white folks eyes one is tamed more so than the other.

No more different than a brotha with short dreads and long dreads and how white folks view them and their hairstyles.

I don't think that this is true. The girl is racially ambiguous as she could pass for black, mixed race or even a Pacific Islander. The girl in the first picture definitely looks more black than the girl in the second picture. Also, I wouldn't compare the long dreads vs short dreads to loose vs kinky hair as the former doesn't necessarily denote admixture whereas the latter does.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I named them because when Princess Tiana came out initially, Black women called out Disney for the white Saviour Complex they have noting the aforementioned Disney characters also had white male love interests, and they were not here for it.

Yes then folks found out that the prince was a bumbling lazy idiot and they were cool with the bull shyt movie.

Basically pimped black folk. They used a black princess then gave her a white mate. Sold it as a non traditional white hero movie by making the white mate lazy. So Disney excuse was we can't make the mate black because he is lazy and bumbling. See we doing yall black folks a favor.

All the while still spitting anti black which = anti black couples/family.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Pocohantas is some shyt that actually happened
Meg is greek/roman
Esmeralda is a roma chick in europe

of course all three were gonna have white love interests

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Pocohantas is some shyt that actually happened
Meg is greek/roman
Esmeralda is a roma chick in europe

of course all three were gonna have white love interests
If u say so pal

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
They don’t see colour

And for whoever asked

Many solutions have been proposed here
Boycott
Simply re-illustrate the character
Produce and support our own children’s production, big up @Blacksands

Exactly. Disney has always been a racist company. We need to start supporting companies that represent our interests.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think that this is true. The girl is racially ambiguous as she could pass for black, mixed race or even a Pacific Islander. The girl in the first picture definitely looks more black than the girl in the second picture. Also, I wouldn't compare the long dreads vs short dreads to loose vs kinky hair as the former doesn't necessarily denote admixture whereas the latter does.

Your not understanding what I am saying. We have history that shows white folks don't like black people to have their hair a certain way. That is what the whole joke about when black folks hair is nappy whites aren't happy....comes from.

They have always been more happy with certain black hair styles. It is also the reason black corporate folks got so much push back in the 70s when they wore large fros and shyt like that at work. Compared to low hair cuts and permed hair.

And yes there is a distinct difference between a brotha with short dreads and a brotha with long dreads to white folks. No more difference than their reaction to a sista doing the weather with a lil booty and a big ass booty. Their reaction is night and day.

So as I said this version of the princess is a more acceptable version. Like a whitney houston (or diana ross to folks who now the history of black american music) to a aretha franklin.....to white folks.

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
ain't no if I say so..

it makes sense for those three chicks to have a white love interest
why can’t they have Roma gypsy love interests that look like them. The point in hand is that black women noticed a pattern and were vocal about it when it concerned them, in exact, when Princess Tiana was released.

Thanks goodnight

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
why can’t they have Roma gypsy love interests that look like them. The point in hand is that black women noticed a pattern and were vocal about it when it concerned them, in exact, when Princess Tiana was released.

Thanks goodnight

Roma are basically white so that shyt is whatever.

Not much of a pattern. But we can drop this right here :skip:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Not going to lie, I’m not really seeing the problem here. I’m trying to see it but I’m just not getting there.

You're probably not going to see the difference because the socialization of men and women in western society is just different between the two genders. It's unfortunate but standards of beauty are are everything to young girls and believe it or not these Disney princesses do make a big deal in determining the standards of beauty. These are the toys little girls play with and see themselves in.

So even though I don't have daughters I can see where @RehReh is coming from.

Good thing rehreh's daughters have a fine ass mom to look up to as a standard of beauty

:noah::whoo::whew:

Sorry rahtid, there was too much feminist energy in the first part of my post. I had to objectify you for balance :troll: