Disney on that Fresh Prince wave

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
You can:mjpls: all you want my guy. But I’m not seeing the difference right now, and I’m actually trying to see the problem.

She's clearly black in the older pic but she's racially ambiguous in the newer one.

Side note: I hope the posters in here claiming to not see the difference/ denying that it's a problem aren't in those 'bedwench' threads vilifying those troubled women. This is how it starts.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She's clearly black in the older pic but she's racially ambiguous in the newer one.

Side note: I hope the posters in here claiming to not see the difference/ denying that it's a problem aren't in those 'bedwench' threads vilifying those troubled women. This is how it starts.

I wouldn't say she is racially ambiguous. But we all know how america feels with black hair and color. Lets just say she is the right type of looking black girl now.

Also this ties into what I have said about the natural hair movement on tv. They are comfortable with the curly afro look. Much more than they were in the 70s with the real kinky big angela davis afro look back then.

Both natural black hair types.....just in white folks eyes one is tamed more so than the other.

No more different than a brotha with short dreads and long dreads and how white folks view them and their hairstyles.

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

They don’t see colour

And for whoever asked

Many solutions have been proposed here
Boycott
Simply re-illustrate the character
Produce and support our own children’s production, big up @Blacksands

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

So her hair isn't permed but she clearly looks mixed race. Her hair is curly but not kinky, her skin is lighter and her African features are toned down to put it lightly. She could just as easily be Latino.

Breh disney slips sexual themes in their movies and tv shows all the time. Has anti black themes in their tv shows and movies.

Yet cause they helped produce some bomb ass marvel movies folks are shocked by this shyt....:mjlol:

This disney MO.....has anyone seen the shyt shows they got on ABC with black folks in them. Or that slave catcher shyt on ESPN.

Disney MO has always been anti black....
Folks on social media just dumb and don't follow along...:francis:

Daps
I don't really care, at this point, how we are represented in white supremacist media. I'm more interested in laying the groundwork for black men and women who can establish their own creative studios from which artistic properties that are expressly black in their design and message can be distributed. Stop trying to force white people to treat us with dignity. :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Pay attention Black women been calling out the fukkery

They called out Pocohantas, Meg, Esmeralda, Tiana and any I forgot

Don't know why you're naming the other chicks..Only Tiana is black.

I can kinda see what your saying.. but the princesses in this new Ralph flick all have a similar look facial look.