Disabled Black Man Shot Dead by Police While Reading in the Car

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
This is maddening but we have to wait on the facts. We don't want another result like the Justice Department report on Michael Brown from witnesses (not the BS grand jury testimony that had the DA put a known liar up on the stand).

That being said...why someone the cops aren't even looking for would get out of his car and point a gun at multiple police officers is having issues with my smell test unless he was bipolar and had a death wish. No witnesses, no cam so far.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
This is maddening but we have to wait on the facts. We don't want another result like the Justice Department report on Michael Brown from witnesses (not the BS grand jury testimony that had the DA put a known liar up on the stand).

That being said...why someone the cops aren't even looking for would get out of his car and point a gun at multiple police officers is having issues with my smell test unless he was bipolar and had a death wish. No witnesses, no cam so far.

It is a witness.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
People should keep an eye on her
Interesting...the CMPD claim just sounds strange

Here is what they currently claim as facts:

• On Tuesday, September 20, 2016, at 3:54 p.m., officers from the Metro Division Crime Reduction Unit were searching for a suspect with an outstanding warrant at The Village at College Downs.

Ok...

• Officers observed a subject, Mr. Keith Lamont Scott, inside a vehicle in the apartment complex. The subject exited the vehicle armed with a handgun. Officers observed the subject get back into the vehicle at which time they began to approach the subject.

So he got out of the car, supposedly with a gun and then got back in before approached by police...ok even if I play Devil's advocate about him getting back in because he saw the cops, he hasn't done anything yet. NC does not have laws on transporting weapons in cars as long as they are not concealed, which doesn't seem to be the case

D. Transporting Weapons
Given this general prohibition of carrying concealed weapons, individuals must be ever
vigilant to ensure their particular situation cannot be construed as concealing a weapon, either on
or about them, without being properly authorized to do so with a valid North Carolina, or
recognized out-of-state concealed handgun permit. Therefore, the permittee's accessibility to the
weapon is of prime importance. It is unlawful to transport a weapon (absent a proper permit) that
is BOTH concealed and readily accessible to a person.
It is for these reasons, that when
transporting a weapon in a vehicle, even greater care must be exercised to ensure that the weapon
is not concealed and within the ready access to an occupant of the vehicle. North Carolina law
does not specifically address how to transport a weapon in an automobile.
Therefore, the central
question becomes: when is the weapon concealed and readily accessible to an occupant of an
automobile? Obviously, a weapon would be concealed and readily accessible, and therefore in
violation of North Carolina law, if it were placed in such areas of a vehicle as under the seat of
the automobile; in a bag in the back seat; or in some other manner is covered or hidden within
the easy reach of an occupant of the vehicle. It is our recommendation that firearms should not
be carried in a glove compartment regardless of whether the compartment is locked or not.

• Officers gave loud and clear verbal commands, corroborated by witnesses, for the subject to drop the weapon.

I am not a police officer and am not asking them to take unnecessary risks but he could have been legally carrying concealed with a permit. Sure ask him to drop the gun but automatically assume he is a threat?

Also, witnesses can corroborate them saying "drop the gun!", but notice they don't say witnesses corroborate the fact he actually had a gun...

• In spite of these verbal commands, Mr. Scott exited the vehicle still armed with the handgun as officers continued to tell him to drop his weapon.

This is what I find crazy. What dude is going to jump out of his car with a gun at multiple officers?? Didn't try to drive away, didn't shoot from the car, HE SUPPOSEDLY GOT OUT?? If he didn't have a gun that would make sense since maybe he was trying to show he was harmless. Oh well, we may never know the truth.

• The subject posed an imminent deadly threat to the officers and Officer Brentley Vinson subsequently fired his weapon striking the subject. The officers immediately requested Medic and began performing CPR.

Only one officer fired at an "imminent deadly threat"? If this guy was ready to kill he should have 50 holes in him if experience dictates anything

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Did an officer kill that protester?

How can someone get shot in the middle of the street and police didnt react ? Cause they did it. I'm supposed to believe a black dude went out there to shoot another for no apparent reason ? And funny how with all these reporters & city cameras present, there is NO footage.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I just seen this press conference and this chief is a c00n for this.

That law doesn't take affect until Oct 2. If that video shows every thing that chief said happen why not show it. Because it shows that he didn't have a gun and a gun was planted and the cop is white and him and the mayor are taking orders from the governor.

White chiefs go out of their way to show video to clear their officers either directly or indirectly.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully a resident has footage & waiting to release it. I would think someone other than law enforcement has some footage

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's never getting released . NC passed a law couple months back that law enforcement doesn't have to release video to public
That's right :ohhh:

Expect a shyt show folks :wow:

In that case, I see problem with them raising up hell:

If there's no transparency, then there's no civil community.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
gk-chesterton.jpg

CHAIRMAN BUTTERFIELD: "BLACK COMMUNITES NEED HELP IMMEDITALEY. THE DOJ HASN'T DONE ENOUGH AND WE NEED FEDERAL INTERVENTION NOW"

As I said:

George H.W. BUSH DOJ - 2 Civil Rights Convictions of Racist Cops in the Rodney King Case (1 Case)
Obama's DOJ (Holder/Lynch) 0 Civil Rigths Convictions of Racist Cops (DOUBLE DIGIT CASES)

I realize Obama has brought the cases but the DOJ hasn't brought the convictions NOR Charges in these recent high profiled cases for Civil Rights violations. Yes in Chicago they just charged a Cop for a 2013 shooting and yes they Ethered Furgerson and BMore PD's, but Nothing for Crawford, Tamir, Garner etc, etc, etc. So this is Leader of the Black Caucas saying what I've been saying.