Dirk says Lebron passes MJ when he becomes the all-time scorer

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Yes pippen was, but could he take over games like wade /kyrie/ad did while playing with Lebron? Nope ,he wasn’t that dude even if the bulls were more stacked in their respective era

And I agree in the 90’s the bulls were more talented than the rest ,this why arguing eras is dumb.today is different than the 90’s the game ,free agency ,referees everything.skill wise jordan & lebron are neck & neck but Jordan wasn’t letting nobody beat him , y’all act like mike didn’t beat mvp/runner up mvps in multiple finals (‘91, ‘92,’93,97,98)

5 of his 6 championships were vs the mvp of the league or the dude who was 2nd behind mike
my guy in terms of scoring MJ has like 6 outta 10 of the weakest supporting cast in NBA history

secondly, how many top ten draft picks did MJ play with breh :francis:
how many all stars did MJ play with in comparison :jbhmm:

how many times did MJ run around the league on some carpetbagger shyt trying to finagle and manipulate ways to win chips and STILL end up losing more than he won :heh:

I'm not coming at your neck I'm just sayin' :manny:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
The all time scoring record is a huge accolade and it definitely adds to Bron's Goat argument whether you want to admit it or not.

Julio Cesar Chavez has more than twice as many fights than Floyd but nobody is calling him the GOAT :mjgrin:

he's not even ranked in the top 5 fighters

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
In reverse, the gap is a Hall of Fame career too.

how do you justify this statement? nikkas just saying anything :mjtf:

giphy.gif

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
mj def choked a series and scottie saved him

even if that were true(it's not)
one guy has played in nearly 3 times as many games 7s as the others
Bron so garbage he couldn't be saved against a Mavs team in which a bench player(Jason Terry) shyt on him offensively and got put in a strait jacket by a midget cac :heh:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I can dig that, also consider that Kareem was kind of a dikk :laugh:

So perception also plays a role in downplaying his legacy, not only in the context of MJ but Lebron too, I mean it's his record that he's currently chasing and people barely talk about him.

These don't make "sense"?

Au1A1pe.jpg

KkX8zWA.jpg

mQo4XiO.jpg

Outside of longevity, that's a wash to me. So I supposed just like with him and Kareem, it's gonna come down to perception. Mike will lose the argument for being sort of a scumbag before basketball reasons lol
saving this post for those graphics :ehh:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
my guy in terms of scoring MJ has like 6 outta 10 of the weakest supporting cast in NBA history

secondly, how many top ten draft picks did MJ play with breh :francis:
how many all stars did MJ play with in comparison :jbhmm:

how many times did MJ run around the league on some carpetbagger shyt trying to finagle and manipulate ways to win chips and STILL end up losing more than he won :heh:

I'm not coming at your neck I'm just sayin' :manny:
The Bulls had seven lottery picks in Jordan's first five seasons.. They selected Pippen and Horace Grant in the same draft. Lebron's Cavs had one lottery pick in his first 8 seasons and they drafted some scrub cac named Luke Jackson. The Bulls sucking during the start of Jordan's tenure made it easier for them to construct a viable roster around him.

Jordan also played in an era that was diluted by expansion. The league expanded 3 times within 7 seasons. And, by six teams, 1988-1989 through 1995-1996. Increased from 23 teams to 29 teams. From 1989-1998, 28 out of 29 teams finished with a record below .500. Compare that to Lebron's prime, say 2008-2020, where only 16 out of 30 teams finished with a record below .500. That's why it makes no sense for Jordan stans to talk about the amount of all-stars he played, just having Pippen on his team (a top 10 player in the league) was an advantage over damn near every team. Just compare MJ and Scottie to their biggest rivals-- Is Ewing and Starks, Miller and Smits, Kemp and Payton, Barkley and Johnson, Drexler and Porter fukking with that duo? Only duo remotely comparable was Malone/Stockton and even then it's a stretch to argue that Stockton is as good of a player as Pippen. Not to mention the supporting cast around the Bulls pretty much dwarfed every other team's. There's a reason they were able to win 55 games in 1994 with a scrub replacing Jordan in the starting lineup while he went off to play baseball.

These Bron stans never want to address this chasm in accomplishments.

Not to mention LeBron putting up points on a sub .500 team that isn't even the making the playoffs :mjlol:

He's just stat padding to pass Kareem:mjlol:
You could make a similar graphic for Lebron. He has thousands of more points, assists, and rebounds, more assist titles, more all-NBA appearances, more all-star appearances, more finals appearances, etc. The only accomplishments on that list that hold any water are the championships, finals MVPs, and MVP.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Fair enough, we don't actually disagree on much here bruh besides who is 1 abd who is 2. I don't disagree with most of your points...

In his prime, we're talking the entirety of 90s basketball essentially, he was bordering on Top 5. Mike, Dream, Barkley, Mailman, Admiral are the five definitive players you'd put over Pippen in that era. After that? Pippen's case as the 6th-greatest player of that era is as strong as anyone else's...

So I don't know, maybe he wasn't overrated. I know this, none of the other Top 5 players of that era got to play with anyone as good as Pippen, Mike/Pip was Steph/Durant for that era. There was no duo that could match that punch at their best, and the excellent roster building around them only heightens how great of a TEAM Chicago was relative to the rest of the NBA...

In his prime (1990-98), he was a 20/7/6 guy in the regular season, 19/8/6 in the postseason, so his production was basically linear. He rarely needed to take over games but the Bulls absolutely won playoff games where he was the best player that night, and leading Chicago the year Mike was out was impressive...

I don't have a firm grip on if he was under or over rated. But I know if we talking ball and say one squad has the best player in basketball AND a Top 5-7 player in basketball at the same time, in this era we recognize it for what it is, but with the Bulls in retrospect many people have a habit of minimizing Pip because he wasn't an All-Time scorer...
Other than Jordan/Pippen = Steph/KD lol I don't disagree with nothing you said, which really is a rebuttal to the Jordan Stan you multi-quoted with me

Daps
@Dray5K @murksiderock

Its obvious these dudes have not watched Jordan play and you can tell by their poor takes.

There is literally nothing Lebron can do better than Jordan.

Jordan spent most of his career playing in "structure" which is why he was so successful, Lebron has played Bron-ball throughout his entire career, hugging on to the ball and being a "triple threat", scoring , rebounding and assisting. Now we have younger players like Doncic and Jokic who do it better and can shoot better. People wrongly confuse being a "triple threat" with being able to do more when its just ball-hogging and not a historically good way to win championships.

There is literally nothing in the game of basketball Lebron can do better than Jordan.

In Jordan's 1st ever game playing Lebron's position as point forward, he had 15 assists:

Michael Jordan could have been the Best point guard ever? Want Proof?

Lebron's career high for assists in a game is 19 assists. I believe his 2nd high after that is 17 assists.

Jordan in his 8th game playing Lebron's point forward position had 17 assists.

Jordan could literally do all things to a greater degree than Lebron could and anyone who watched Jordan play in the 80's without structure can testify to that.

Not just my subjective opinion either but Game Score , which is an objective statistic used to measure box score dominance in individual games shows that Jordan laps up Lebron and every other player in NBA history over the last 50 years:

I explained that here : https://www.thecoli.com/threads/wha...layer-than-jordan-stats-say-otherwise.781728/

Its just a shame basketball reference now hides most of its stuff behind pay-walls these days.

Jordan was a far, far more talented and complete ball player than Lebron has ever been but had to buy into the triangle and delianate responsibility to his teammates. Hell, Lebron is not even a more complete basketball player than Hakeem Olajuwon and that's facts.

If the ball was in Jordan's hands all the time, this made him an easier target to pin-down for team like the Pistons in an era in which ultra-physical basketball was allowed. This is what Phil Jackson was describing in the Last Dance.