Dirk says Lebron passes MJ when he becomes the all-time scorer

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
right, did you do any fukking research before posting with no context?

to put some context to the conversation, Lakers were picked SECOND to win the title. detroit was picked FIRST and Chicago was picked 4th to win BEHIND the two aforementioned teams plus San Antonio.

so them nikkas wasn't bums

also, they had a TOP 5 offense AND defense in the league 1991.

Elden Campbell was a ROOKIE

Vlade put up 11 and 8

Teague put up 10ppg and played a full season. solid role player

they still had magic, worthy, byron scott, sam perkins, a.c. green

no excuses, they just lost.
Listen just stop all your regurgitating stats cause thats all you doin

The Lakers didnt even belong in the Finals that year the Blazers were the best team but they were too stupid and couldn’t execute in crunch time and Magic beat them

That Laker team was patched together with spare parts and Magic took advantage of the Blazers

MJ DID NOT dominate in the 80s

The Bulls were gettin they ass kicked in the 80s

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
FjJjoF-WQAAYq00

both players are incredible but someone needs to take a stab at addressing the shyt above. it says alot

-Slam dunk titles mean nothing. I know this, You know this, everyone knows this.

-MJ defended and bullied smaller guards mainly. Lebron could guard literally anyone 1-5 and give them problems (yeah yeah, JJ Barea lol)

-Lebron puts up FMVP numbers even in Finals series where his team loses. A two-ring difference doesnt mean much when they both have over 3 anyway. It Speaks more to their respective teams at that point.

side note real quick:

yo Jordan has the highest overall efficiency in the history of the game, i believe "PER". but in terms of FG% efficiency, one thing i notice is that hardly anyone has ever provided context and addressed the fact that MOST of Lebrons career shots have come between 0-3 feet of the basketball goal = dunks and layups. its his leading metric that speaks to the era, spacing on the floor, etc. dude has had a greenlight to the lane but one of you nikkas even said king james was a better shooter. crazy if you think that. everything 3 feet and outside nikka has been horrendous over his career. this covers 15 seasons BTW

Dom2K talked about this in his video

Youre gonna have to explain this. Because the dude you just posted sounds emotional and isnt making any sense. He just glosses over the points that he can't refute.

Shots taken with in 0-3 feet count as field goals. Dunks and layups count as field goals. ANd no it doesnt simply speak to the era of floor spacing or whatever because if that were the case then more of his peers would have LBJ numbers in that category. They dont.

If you want to play that game, (which I really hate doing) U could just as easily say that MJ played against more primitive defensive schemes that put either smaller or slower defenders on a 1 man island against shooters outside of 0-3 feet which is going to be a mismatch in favor of MJ every time.

"Dude has had a green light to the lane" no he hasnt do you have any idea how difficult it is to even GET an uncontested layup or dunk in the NBA let alone make a contested one? Defenses are complex as fxck, ppl are constantly rotating, helping, doubling, switching, it takes a tremendous effort to get a team defense off balance especially in a series where they have you scouted. Just because LBJ makes it look easy doesnt mean it is.

You have to dissect every move of every player on the court before you even think about making any kind of cut towards the rim, especially if youre the primary ball handler like he is. Hes Not just going into the post and getting fed like Shaq. You have to know their rotational patterns, judge timing of them and get them out of position 4 or 5 steps ahead of their first move. And thats just GETTING to the rim.

Guys like him who say "he just mindlessly barrels his way in for easy points cuz he big" you could already tell they dont understand basketball like that.

And even with all that said, Lebron is far and away the better 3 point shooter than MJ.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
-Slam dunk titles mean nothing. I know this, You know this, everyone knows this.

-MJ defended and bullied smaller guards mainly. Lebron could guard literally anyone 1-5 and give them problems (yeah yeah, JJ Barea lol)

-Lebron puts up FMVP numbers even in Finals series where his team loses. A two-ring difference doesnt mean much when they both have over 3 anyway. It Speaks more to their respective teams at that point.

Youre gonna have to explain this. Because the dude you just posted sounds emotional and isnt making any sense. He just glosses over the points that he can't refute.

Shots taken with in 0-3 feet count as field goals. Dunks and layups count as field goals. ANd no it doesnt simply speak to the era of floor spacing or whatever because if that were the case then more of his peers would have LBJ numbers in that category. They dont.

If you want to play that game, (which I really hate doing) U could just as easily say that MJ played against more primitive defensive schemes that put either smaller or slower defenders on a 1 man island against shooters outside of 0-3 feet which is going to be a mismatch in favor of MJ every time.

"Dude has had a green light to the lane" no he hasnt do you have any idea how difficult it is to even GET an uncontested layup or dunk in the NBA let alone make a contested one? Defenses are complex as fxck, ppl are constantly rotating, helping, doubling, switching, it takes a tremendous effort to get a team defense off balance especially in a series where they have you scouted. Just because LBJ makes it look easy doesnt mean it is.

You have to dissect every move of every player on the court before you even think about making any kind of cut towards the rim, especially if youre the primary ball handler like he is. Hes Not just going into the post and getting fed like Shaq. You have to know their rotational patterns, judge timing of them and get them out of position 4 or 5 steps ahead of their first move. And thats just GETTING to the rim.

Guys like him who say "he just mindlessly barrels his way in for easy points cuz he big" you could already tell they dont understand basketball like that.

And even with all that said, Lebron is far and away the better 3 point shooter than MJ.
....ok

i said in my initial post, EXCLUDE slam dunks

go to his youtube he has ARGUMENTS for Lebron being the GOAT. he isn't exclusively sold on jordan. dude is a celtics fan

but why do you all continue to IGNORE the FIRST 3 GRAPHS???

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Listen just stop all your regurgitating stats cause thats all you doin

The Lakers didnt even belong in the Finals that year the Blazers were the best team but they were too stupid and couldn’t execute in crunch time and Magic beat them

That Laker team was patched together with spare parts and Magic took advantage of the Blazers

MJ DID NOT dominate in the 80s

The Bulls were gettin they ass kicked in the 80s
:laugh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
my guy in terms of scoring MJ has like 6 outta 10 of the weakest supporting cast in NBA history

secondly, how many top ten draft picks did MJ play with breh :francis:
how many all stars did MJ play with in comparison :jbhmm:

how many times did MJ run around the league on some carpetbagger shyt trying to finagle and manipulate ways to win chips and STILL end up losing more than he won :heh:

I'm not coming at your neck I'm just sayin' :manny:

This is negated by the 07 Cavs finals roster. Jordan NEVER played with a roster that bad and led them to the Finals

Bron's not even better than Kobe :mjlol:

This coming from a C's fan that can't stand the Lakers.

:mjlol:
Bron passed Kobe in 07 stop it

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
....ok

i said in my initial post, EXCLUDE slam dunks

go to his youtube he has ARGUMENTS for Lebron being the GOAT. he isn't exclusively sold on jordan. dude is a celtics fan

but why do you all continue to IGNORE the FIRST 3 GRAPHS???

I dont see where u said to exclude that. atleast not in your post that i had responded to.

I didnt say he was a jordan gobbler, I just think he dunno what hes talking about and is clearly mad a Nick Wright about something. Hes not making very good points imo. I dont know the dude im just telling you how he sounds in the clip.

:dwillhuh: I specifically addressed everything you posted.. idk what 3 graphs you are referring to.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Right. He beat up on a weakened expanded league.
Orlando came into he league in 1989

Miami 1988

minnesota in 1989

charlotte in 1988

when those teams were introduced, chicago hadn't won a title yet.

88-89
89-90

DETROIT won back to back while FOUR NEW TEAMS were introduced into the league. why is the expansion argument never held against them?

what about HOUSTON'S titles during jordans first retirement? -

chicago won the next 3

do you think the EXPANSION assisted with detroit winning those back to back titles? because those expansion teams were still garbage by the time mike won his first 3

also,

jordans second 3 peat, orlando had a loaded fukking roster with shaq, penny, nick anderson, dennis scott, etc. got to the finals and got swept, but they got there.

miami had hardaway, mourning, mashburn, etc and pat riley as coach.

charlotte had 2 decent seasons during jordans second 3 peat winning 54 games in 96-97 and 51 games 97-98. its not like they were scrubs

toronto and vancouver were introduced but the other teams were clearly established. minnesota was garbage but there have always been weak teams in the league.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I dont see where u said to exclude that. atleast not in your post that i had responded to.

I didnt say he was a jordan gobbler, I just think he dunno what hes talking about and is clearly mad a Nick Wright about something. Hes not making very good points imo. I dont know the dude im just telling you how he sounds in the clip.

:dwillhuh: I specifically addressed everything you posted.. idk what 3 graphs you are referring to.
the last 3 graphs didnt post i dont know why

my apologies

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Orlando came into he league in 1989

Miami 1988

minnesota in 1989

charlotte in 1988

when those teams were introduced, chicago hadn't won a title yet.

88-89
89-90

DETROIT won back to back while FOUR NEW TEAMS were introduced into the league. why is the expansion argument never held against them?

what about HOUSTON'S titles during jordans first retirement? -

chicago won the next 3

do you think the EXPANSION assisted with detroit winning those back to back titles? because those expansion teams were still garbage by the time mike won his first 3

also,

jordans second 3 peat, orlando had a loaded fukking roster with shaq, penny, nick anderson, dennis scott, etc. got to the finals and got swept, but they got there.

miami had hardaway, mourning, mashburn, etc and pat riley as coach.

charlotte had 2 decent seasons during jordans second 3 peat winning 54 games in 96-97 and 51 games 97-98. its not like they were scrubs

toronto and vancouver were introduced but the other teams were clearly established. minnesota was garbage but there have always been weak teams in the league.
Both of MJs 3peats was an incredible feat but I think the 2nd one was more impressive

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Scoring record is great but at the end of the day it’s still just a longevity record. Never forget that

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Scoring record is great but at the end of the day it’s still just a longevity record. Never forget that
Dawg

Stop…

Ya’ll nikkas are insane.. Yes it is a longevity record but stop actin like he’s on some Raphael Palmeiro shyt cause he’s not

This record stood for almost 40 years

Do you realize how great you have to be FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME to get this shyt?

Ya’ll nikkas just be talkin out yo asses