Digital Foundry on the Series S being underpowered

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of people were in denial that having to develop for the Series S wouldn’t lead to problems once we left the cross-gen period, now here we are and Larian can’t ship Baldurs Gate 3 on Xbox because they can’t get split screen to work. It makes you wonder how many of these stories are gonna start coming out with the transition to current gen games.

00:00:45

• Wow
Reactions: jeh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The ps4 and xbox one were dog shyt on release and the gaming industry seemed to manage fine.

The ps4 and xbox one were the target platforms. There was no split sku last gen until the pro models came out and those still weren’t the target platforms

The idea of scaling up and down wasn’t really present at all last gen

rdj

Pro
Daps
The ps4 and xbox one were the target platforms. There was no split sku last gen until the pro models came out and those still weren’t the target platforms

The idea of scaling up and down wasn’t really present at all last gen
I’m not saying it isnt a problem. Im just trying to argue its not a new problem since third parties have had to deal with multiple devices with different configs since 360 gen. Ps3 had the cell processor and a lot of third parties developed for PC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not saying it isnt a problem. Im just trying to argue its not a new problem since third parties have had to deal with multiple devices with different configs since 360 gen. Ps3 had the cell processor and a lot of third parties developed for PC.

The PS3 was also a shyt show that has an entire generation of games stranded on it. It’s probably why the Xbox was able to get so many exclusives and marketing deals that generation. The simultaneous PC release thing started late last gen also, and so far this gen hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing.

All in all, its just adding more stress to development and i think it will be interesting to see how they handle it in a couple of years

• Dap
Reactions: rdj

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wonder if MS would ever allow a dev to ship a game without a Series S version.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it depends what they mean by "to the same standard". will split screen have to be 240p, or does it not work period.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
After owning a Steam Deck for the past 6 months, I calling this :duck:. Outside of Linux compatibility issues, there's only a handful of games that are simply too graphically demanding to be played on the Steam Deck @30fps, yet the Series S is much more powerful.

R.d17e5ee79ce1227285412c01da9c12a8

This is what broke the series s

fukk outa here.

Sony stans out here wildin again:mjlol: