Different World writer Talk About The Show; Blasts Lisa Bonet & Debbie Allen ;UPDATE: DEbbie Replies

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lisa Bonet failing on ADW was actually great bc it forced the show to develop around the other characters.

Kinda like how Family Matters was Harriet's show at first until it was bombing and they were forced to ibtroduce and build up Steve Urkel
I miss this about tv shows they never try to fix shows now and if they do only for a few episodes before they move it to a death slot or cancel it lol.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Just in case anyone wants to rewatch A Different World, it will be on Amazon Prime sometime this month (remastered in HD)

The entire Cosby Show is on there right now
This just sold me on prime.

I don't mind A Different World on Netflix, but I hate the black bars

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This just sold me on prime.

I don't mind A Different World on Netflix, but I hate the black bars
Quality isn't super great, but imo it really doesn't look bad at all and it is widescreen 16:9. they also got Roseanne and 3rd rock from the sun with a few other sitcoms too.
Prime was the best streaming service to me before everybody really ratcheted up original programs. Had a LOT of overlap with Netflix and Hulu wasn't popping like that at all so it wasn't a threat :banderas:. They still have a lot of gems though

Apparently they had the cosby show since May but no press due to the trial and whatnot :yeshrug:. Finding it hilarious since I haven't seen it in a while

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Debbie made the show more realistically like an HBCU. She gave the caricatures of the first season more depth that they actually became well rounded characters. That show touched on social topics that are still relevant today.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Probably wanted them sipping tea. And playing crumpet to

29-Camron-NP.gif

Adebisi_Said

Truth is Power
Daps
Reppin
New York City
A Different World airs every Sunday on TV1 from 8am-4pm. Yesterday they aired the episode when Freddie almost got raped by Bruce Leroy.