Different World writer Talk About The Show; Blasts Lisa Bonet & Debbie Allen ;UPDATE: DEbbie Replies

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I not gonna lie I watch all the seasons of A Different World multiple times and I can't remember a damn thing Lisa Bonet did on the show. I remember Dwayne, Ron, Kimberly, Freddie, Whitley and her little sidekick, Mr. Gaines, Jaleesa, Col. Taylor and everyone else... hell I even remember Maresa Tomei. I didn't even know the show was a spin off of The Cosby Show focusing on Denise until years later.

Imagine if they did A Different World with Theo instead of Denise :ohhh:
Ironically, that’s the only Lisa Bonet episode of ADW I remember, the one where Theo came to visit and see what college is about.

And now that I think about it, it’s possible that was actually a Cosby episode and not an ADW one.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
all these years and they still throwing dirt on Lisa Bonet name...man let that shyt go

Duke sounds like.
Dude probably wanted to make one of those pill Cosby moves.
Or had one countered and still trying to create a distraction away from his acts.

The fact he said some shyt about Debbie Allen off top.
let's you know he on bullshyt.

Plus he wrote the episodes of the season. That experience the disconnect that made the show have to be completely relaunched.
Which was not bonet's fault at all.
The show had to be relaunched. Simply because half the season he wrote.
demonstrated extreme disconnect to the times ans subject matter. making the show have to be relaunched.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ive said on here before I will forever love Debbie Allen for what she did for the show. Before she got there it was garbage but with her help it became great.

Different world is my favorite show of all time and I hope someday they will bring it back, I know it will never be as great as the og but I still wanna see it.

It would never work because the kids in the demographic have no cultural connection to make it what the other show was.

There is no black nationalism to create the spirit. That made that show into what it was.
Plus rhe idea of black excellence to scholastics. Has been eradicated from our national consciousness.

Plus with Cosby doing what he did. There are no black gateways. Similar to what we had as early as fat Albert.
So I look at a show like this being made as completely a bleak endeavor. Plus any creator who would try would be pissing money into the wind.
As classically trained schooling spent to much time. Trying to misappropriate hiphop culture. Instead of staying connected to the classically trained curriculum.
So there are no real fukk'n black actors worth a damn in an American lexicon. to play these parts and have convincability as well.

Art Barr

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It would never work because the kids in the demographic have no cultural connection to make it what the other show was.

There is no black nationalism to create the spirit. That made that show into what it was.
Plus rhe idea of black excellence to scholastics. Has been eradicated from our national consciousness.

Plus with Cosby doing what he did. There are no black gateways. Similar to what we had as early as fat Albert.
So I look at a show like this being made as completely a bleak endeavor. Plus any creator who would try would be pissing money into the wind.
As classically trained schooling spent to much time. Trying to misappropriate hiphop culture. Instead of staying connected to the classically trained curriculum.
So there are no real fukk'n black actors worth a damn in an American lexicon. to play these parts and have convincability as well.

Art Barr
Gott damn
Nothing but barz

br82186

Superstar
Daps
While this is juicy info, that part at the end kinda makes me doubt all his info

Only 11 episodes? :what:

And that first season was god awful too :what:

Glass houses, breh, glass houses :what:

Imma still watch the interview tho :lolbron:
This is the season where the production staff was predominantly white, Debbie Allen came in and got rid of them folks with the quickness.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Watching this video.

You can tell.
this guy was hiding some of bill secrets too.
Like what really happened with Lisa bonet.
I do not believe that wild orchid movie story.
or the deflection behind that at all.

plus why is raven so fukk'n offbrand goofie too.
This whole interview is a smear campaign.

Art Barr

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Lisa Bonet was the worst part of the Cosby Show and A Different World. I dont know why so many people in here running to her defense.

The show in general was best between seasons 2-4. Once the original students graduated the show stopped being funny.