Different World writer Talk About The Show; Blasts Lisa Bonet & Debbie Allen ;UPDATE: DEbbie Replies

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't watched a different world in years, I don't remember crap about the first season besides Marissa tomei and Lisa Bonet on it, might watch that on Netflix here soon

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So disappointed.

They uploaded the eps to Prime, but its season 1-3 and 5-6....season 4 is one of the best seasons of this show and its missing.

Just in case anyone wants to rewatch A Different World, it will be on Amazon Prime sometime this month (remastered in HD)

The entire Cosby Show is on there right now

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've heard/read all of those things about Lisa Bonet numerous times, so I do believe it.

As for the show, I like the first season. I always have...even in real time. It's shaky but even now, the first season really is like freshman year of college. For the most part, it basically was a confused freshman, like its star character Denise/Bonet. It really does tell freshman year. Some of the characters didn't even change that much - Jaleesa was the same...since she started off a 26 year old. Even Dwayne, did anyone really think he was one of the cool kids? Whitley was a southern bell, and I met this girl my freshman year that was so much like her, and she became one of my closest and life-long friends.

This is how I would put it, S1 is the generic freshman college experience. It really is the same for everyone. S2 on is the HBCU college experience from an upperclassman perspective. That's my opinion of it at least

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Yeah he mad he lost the war to Debbie Allen

But in regards to Lisa Bonet, "Whatever he said Lisa Bonet did, she did that shyt!" in 50's voice:mjlol:

holding-lisa-bonet-tbt.jpg

The more I learn about Lisa Bonet the more I love this bish

:deadmanny:

Last edited: