Diddy Facing Gang Rape Acusations Of A 17 Year Old**UPDATE**FEDERAL JUDGE ASSIGNED TO CASE**

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This is what I always say. If a person is in fact a victim they should pursue criminal charges first. They can always open a civil case after the criminal case is done. Perfect example. OJ.
A few reasons. First, with a civil suit you go right after the person yourself. With criminal charges you go through the police/District Attorney. The DA will decide if there is enough evidence to go forward. It's possible the girl already tried that but the DA said no (although I doubt it). Second, the standard of proof is lower. Preponderance of the evidence vs. reasonable doubt. Third, a criminal case is not likely putting any money in your pocket whereas a civil suit could get her millions (ask Cassie). Now a criminal conviction makes the civil suit much easier, but that could take years to get to trial and that statute of limitations extension is going to expire soon.

I do see a weakness here from a criminal case standpoint. Unless there is other evidence pointing towards rape, it will all rely on her credibility. The weakness is the girl said Harve approached her at a lounge in Detroit, convinced her to go to the bathroom, where he smoked crack and forced her to give him oral sex. Somehow, despite the fact you had just been sodomized by this crack smoking stranger, you ended up agreeing to get on an airplane with him and another stranger, and flying to another state to go see another stranger. That act of sodomy let you know where his head was at, yet you still agreed to fly out of state with this stranger? But you weren't agreeable to sex? A jury might not believe her.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:beli:

Not the girl. I'm talking about other rappers that accuse Diddy, did their fair share of dirt
Damm your post sound like you saying it about the accusers "women" and not the outside speculators!

Glad you cleared that up gah damm!:whew:

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:scust:

So if he ganged raped a 17yr old she just as guilty?:picard:

lol this goofy doesn't care..........as long as his "I thought I told you that we don't stop" keeps his hero intact, he doesn't care:yeshrug:
diddy.gif

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
A few reasons. First, with a civil suit you go right after the person yourself. With criminal charges you go through the police/District Attorney. The DA will decide if there is enough evidence to go forward. It's possible the girl already tried that but the DA said no (although I doubt it). Second, the standard of proof is lower. Preponderance of the evidence vs. reasonable doubt. Third, a criminal case is not likely putting any money in your pocket whereas a civil suit could get her millions (ask Cassie). Now a criminal conviction makes the civil suit much easier, but that could take years to get to trial and that statute of limitations extension is going to expire soon.

I do see a weakness here from a criminal case standpoint. Unless there is other evidence pointing towards rape, it will all rely on her credibility. The weakness is the girl said Harve approached her at a lounge in Detroit, convinced her to go to the bathroom, where he smoked crack and forced her to give him oral sex. Somehow, despite the fact you had just been sodomized by this crack smoking stranger, you ended up agreeing to get on an airplane with him and another stranger, and flying to another state to go see another stranger. That act of sodomy let you know where his head was at, yet you still agreed to fly out of state with this stranger? But you weren't agreeable to sex? A jury might not believe her.

I understand the process and yeah her case is very weak.

My thing is they don't even attempt to file a criminal case. They try to go straight for the money.