Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
They truly don't see the big deal with using black artists as poker chips. A lot of these bluesmen they like to prop up so much died destitute and poor. Black people didn't want to hear them. For all the talk, we created this genre or we created that genre, black people have no problem throwing those genres in the trash for the next big thing. Maybe if black people continued fukking with country and blues and rock we wouldn't have to defend ourselves and argue narratives that we created them. The only reason rock still exists is because a bunch of Englishmen that idolized black music decided to make music like their heroes. And unlike black folks here they decided to give their old heroes their flowers. A lot of old blues guys got new career opportunities and berths due to white rock guys going,"I didn't create this. I got it from my heroes Muddy Waters and BB King." Rock guitarists were having duels on who could play blues songs the best.

You can see it already happening to funk. There's barely any black guitarist teachers and you'll see white dudes teaching funk guitar and teaching white boys how to play Maggot Brains. Go to a Funkadelic show and you know I'm right. It's a sea of white. For all their talk, black audiences love to toss away black artists for the next best thing all the time every time.

"We make the trends". Yeah, well, this is what making the trends gets ya.

There's a funny disconnect between black artists and black audiences.
Same thing with Jean-Michel Basquiat...the only reason why Blacks know him is cause white folks is propping him up and his Sisters kept his legacy alive.

Black folks don't support shyt we created at all like that until whites come and own it to the point of nauseating epic proportions....watch how Vodou gets hot now that you got beacoup whites that are practitioners.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Probably.

I'm going to say yes, only because in about 200 years they'll push Michael Jackson as white.

I’ve already seen racist ass cacs on twitter who were giving Prince/Micheal Jackson posthumous honorary white status :deadrose: :laff:

The audacity :dwillhuh:

They’re shamelessly claiming Prince/Michael Jackson as aryan just like the filthy opportunistic vultures they are. :scust: :mjlol:

« They both had white and native ancestry and blood, thats exactly why they were such sensible and creative musical geniuses, they weren’t really that black, you know » :mjpls: :troll:

Last edited:

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Over the last few years I've been listening to a little country music but only old ones,you couldn't pay me to listen to current country

It's usually the slow and depressing sounding songs that I like for some reason,some country songs has great story telling

I know it might sound crazy but if you hear the stuff they talk about in older country music it's kinda similar to hip hop, I know I know hear me out

Hip hop has a lot of artist who talk about the struggle and how they gotta get out of a situation like being broke

Artist like Dolly Parton for example grew up very poor and made music to get a better life,she talks about it in songs,she barely had shoes and clothes

Merle haggard another legendary singer who wrote all his songs,talked about being in and out of jail and music saved him

Early country singers had to grind from nothing to make enough money to live,that's respectable

I will never listen to country music daily but it has some talented storytellers

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Same thing with Jean-Michel Basquiat...the only reason why Blacks know him is cause white folks is propping him up and his Sisters kept his legacy alive.

Black folks don't support shyt we created at all like that until whites come and own it to the point of nauseating epic proportions....watch how Vodou gets hot now that you got beacoup whites that are practitioners.
Gotta break the generational curses. I think jimi got shytted on early on by black folks but ended up having Miles Davis try to be like him. Early on jazz musicians got shytted on the same way as blues musicians by the communal black community. That’s what the cross roads symbolizes—stay in the communal black community or go secular which is still a Mennonite or Amish tradition but we took that Robert Johnson story literal. It also represents areas where transients gathered and told stories, info and played music.Jelly Roll Martin got disowned because he played in brothels(which is where black classical musicians got segregated to because whites hated black peoples playing classical or orchestral music, they still do), but when he started getting big tips his mom overlooked it. Bringing a sax or a trumpet into church or the home was considered bringing the devil in. Like in another post, we got white washed out our own shyt. Our legends played this music but the shyt they went through was so Bad that old jazz musicians don’t like they word jazz. They didn’t like playing blues because they felt cacs were twisting it into a primitive entertainment. They had to tour in the south, sometimes stopped by racist cacs to perform on the spot and if they didn’t they could get killed. Miles Davis turned his back at concerts because he didn’t wanna be a monkey and white people still call him ungrateful for it. They call it just “music”, “group music”, etc. we have to fight for our stuff. Its also the reason why people want these musicians to play their magnum opus from certain eras but those musicians themselves hate it and say “what about my new shyt”? Too much pain and bad memories. A lot of black musicians are modernists which is why we always jump to new shyt— because we hope the future will be better. a lot of known and unknown musicians became activists and people who worked in education to get shyt passed to educate people and fix racism. That’s how bad it was. I encourage this forum To read that Bebop book by Scott devereaux which @IllmaticDelta recommended me for my thesis paper

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

I never thought about this. :ohhh:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Gotta break the generational curses. I think jimi got shytted on early on by black folks but ended up having Miles Davis try to be like him. Early on jazz musicians got shytted on the same way as blues musicians by the communal black community. That’s what the cross roads symbolizes—stay in the communal black community or go secular which is still a Mennonite or Amish tradition but we took that Robert Johnson story literal. It also represents areas where transients gathered and told stories, info and played music.Jelly Roll Martin got disowned because he played in brothels(which is where black classical musicians got segregated to because whites hated black peoples playing classical or orchestral music, they still do), but when he started getting big tips his mom overlooked it. Bringing a sax or a trumpet into church or the home was considered bringing the devil in. Like in another post, we got white washed out our own shyt. Our legends played this music but the shyt they went through was so Bad that old jazz musicians don’t like they word jazz. They didn’t like playing blues because they felt cacs were twisting it into a primitive entertainment. Miles Davis turned his back at concerts because he didn’t wanna be a monkey and white people still call him ungrateful for it. They call it just “music”, “group music”, etc. we have to fight for our stuff. Its also the reason why people want these musicians to play their magnum opus from certain eras but those musicians themselves hate it and say “what about my new shyt”? Too much pain and bad memories. A lot of black musicians are modernists which is why we always jump to new shyt— because we hope the future will be better. I encourage this forum To read that Bebop book by Scott devereaux which @IllmaticDelta recommended me for my thesis paper
Jimi went to his High School and spat on by black folks because he wasn't making music about the civil rights movement :dahell:

Then black folks say "we created rock" but I have never heard Jimi on black radio ever in my lifetime.

That was a damn good post you made there.

Last edited:

The Fade

Daps
Jimi went to his High School and spat on by black folks because he wasn't making music about the civil rights movement :dahell:

Then black folks say "we created rock" but I have never heard Jimi on black radio ever in my lifetime.
Yeah he got shyt on and then had the most hip, most forward thinking musician and wanting to incorporate his swag into his, wanting to play in his band. Same dude who was a hero to black people in prison when he got locked up and forgave jimi for smashing his wife. That’s a big ass co-sign. Also inspired miles to do that fusion stuff. Not everyone doesnt give people their flowers. Miles put Out on The Corner and jazz cacs hated it but the streets loved it and played it at parties. Miles also was the one who said africa and Latin America have next up before he died. Also jazz was supported by people who had those apartment parties. We always move to the next shyt because I think we see the writing on the wall when we get pimped out. It alot of factors to why we do bad with keeping up with our legacies. Miles also felt like Louis Armstrong was c00ning which is why he turned his back. Bebop attitude partly came from feeling like they were being hoed out in jazz and they didn’t want to feel dehumanized playing blues

Why we move to the next shyt and forget the old shyt? It can be summed up by Pac in Under Pressure: “Don’t ask me about the past, it was all bad”

Last edited:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Gotta break the generational curses. I think jimi got shytted on early on by black folks but ended up having Miles Davis try to be like him. Early on jazz musicians got shytted on the same way as blues musicians by the communal black community. That’s what the cross roads symbolizes—stay in the communal black community or go secular which is still a Mennonite or Amish tradition but we took that Robert Johnson story literal. It also represents areas where transients gathered and told stories, info and played music.Jelly Roll Martin got disowned because he played in brothels(which is where black classical musicians got segregated to because whites hated black peoples playing classical or orchestral music, they still do), but when he started getting big tips his mom overlooked it. Bringing a sax or a trumpet into church or the home was considered bringing the devil in. Like in another post, we got white washed out our own shyt. Our legends played this music but the shyt they went through was so Bad that old jazz musicians don’t like they word jazz. They didn’t like playing blues because they felt cacs were twisting it into a primitive entertainment. They had to tour in the south, sometimes stopped by racist cacs to perform on the spot and if they didn’t they could get killed. Miles Davis turned his back at concerts because he didn’t wanna be a monkey and white people still call him ungrateful for it. They call it just “music”, “group music”, etc. we have to fight for our stuff. Its also the reason why people want these musicians to play their magnum opus from certain eras but those musicians themselves hate it and say “what about my new shyt”? Too much pain and bad memories. A lot of black musicians are modernists which is why we always jump to new shyt— because we hope the future will be better. a lot of known and unknown musicians became activists and people who worked in education to get shyt passed to educate people and fix racism. That’s how bad it was. I encourage this forum To read that Bebop book by Scott devereaux which @IllmaticDelta recommended me for my thesis paper
Yep...we gotta support our own and our legends.

We can't keep blaming generational curses while we are for more educated than the Silent Generation. It's up to realize thr trends and stop it.

And Jimi Hendrix was like Jean-Michel Basquiat, while alove folks equated their art to be for white audiences...it wasn't until both were dead, that the black populace wanted to champion our legends.

We gotta support our own and stop wanting to support after they get white validation.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I never thought about this. :ohhh:
It got so bad with Basquiat his siblings came out tryna control the narrative cause them racists fukks was tryna dictate about his life's story.

Back in the late 70s and 80s the black masses was not checking for Jean-Michel until his death. You can't FIND any EBONY or JET articles on Basquiat while he was alive. Correct me if Im wrong, black publications was not checking for him.

I think the only black art that was propped up at an all time high by the black populace, was the Harlem Renaissance.

In fact EBONY magazine had an article asking literally if Jimi Hendrix made black or white music.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i hate the term “create” in reference to something as dynamic as a form of music style. The term should be “contribute” as Black cowboys heavily contributed to country musics origins as did Appalachian and Irish cacs among others.

The Fade

Daps
Yep...we gotta support our own and our legends.

We can't keep blaming generational curses while we are for more educated than the Silent Generation. It's up to realize thr trends and stop it.

And Jimi Hendrix was like Jean-Michel Basquiat, while alove folks equated their art to be for white audiences...it wasn't until both were dead, that the black populace wanted to champion our legends.

We gotta support our own and stop wanting to support after they get white validation.
It just a pattern we’ve been stuck in that people have been trying to break. We are due for another bebop era with the way music is making us look degenerate. Who knows another group of forward thinking artists might pop out and do it right. The gotta fight with cacs who have been trying to “intelligize” our music to make themselves look good while they push degenerate forms of us. The beboppers tried to inform people and demand respect. Amiri Baraka and others used it to get shyt done. Dizzy and Duke spread the shyt all over the world. But then the next things came, the creation of rock and a form of rnb which reduced band members for the sake of profits(they were tired of people like Miles who knew their worth and punched out suits for fuxking with the money) and further commercialized music. Then there’s underfunded schools and ignorant parents that don’t pass it down. And then there’s cases like where the owner of I think Jet magazine was beefing with Reginald Lewis so he didn’t put him in his magazine. It wasn’t till after his death anyone found out he was a Black Billionaire. Imagine if more of us knew about that copped his book and found out what the “Demon Work Ethic” was. Some shyt I don’t find out about till later and then it changes my modus operandi. It’s not like I was hating on them until I needed to use them to brag to cacs—I just didn’t know or was taught. I’m sure my parents knew who Reginald Lewis was so why ain’t they tell me and make me read his book when I was reading like crazy? It just doesn’t come up till you go and check if a certain group of people are lying to you