Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
So, in essence, we invented singing...

Now convince urself that and tell me....does it make you feel even better as a black person or nahhhhh. Just curious
No one said we invented singing...

Why are you ignoring the research that are posting up?

"NOBODY invented nothing"

That doesn't even make sense

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google is not always accurate. You’re also assuming I haven’t googled. From what I’ve “googled” I’m getting mixed information about country music. Consider the close proximity White people had with slaves in this country it’s not shocking they took things from them.country music and their fan base I’m not willing to claim.

You're conveniently following the same textbook as right-wing/MAGA/white supremacists online

Believe whatever you wanna believe...no on on this site will be able to convince you if black people created or didn't create country music

It's corny attempt of a bait thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Bruh cmon. Mickey Guyton didn't even put out an album until 2021, two whole years after Lil Nas X made OTR. The wave of support was there for Lil Nas X and black country stars and their struggle for recognition in 2019, but no wave lasts in the forefront forever. Those artists and their fans gotta take responsibility and keep making the issues they face known and keeping the conversation going...and putting the folks who just now paying attention on to the talented artists in the space (which yall are doing a good job of doing in this thread btw)
Breh Mickey Guyton has been putting out music even before Lil Nas X existence :mjlol:

You're proving my point without even realizing it.

Artist and fans can only do so much when 1. They don't have the power and notoriety and fanbase that someone like Beyonce does to help fuel their argument and 2. They're still dealing with the same problems of racism keeping from airtime playing that people are saying is happening to Beyonce.

The only reason Nelly didn't get the pushback when he hopped on the country music wave is because it's Nelly and even he isn't getting radio play for his country songs outside of the joints he did with FGL.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
You're conveniently following the same textbook as right-wing/MAGA/white supremacists online

Believe whatever you wanna believe...no on on this site will be able to convince you if black people created or didn't create country music

It's corny attempt of a bait thread
You’re mad because you think I’m after your fav beyonce. That’s what it’s about. fukk country music. Go listen to Keith urban

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Y'all really hate country music in this bytch?​

:manny:
The only good country is Outlaw Country and that shyt died with Schaffer as the last major player in that movement.
Everything else been Twangy Gee-tar, fakkit tight denim hill billy confederate flag waving ol opry shyt as far as most black folk should be concerned.
I'm prolly one of the few folk on here that fukk with this semi-ignorant opinion, but by CHRIST when you think country music you can't help but think SOME facet of what I said in the second line.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
As a Black Artist, we understand thing differently and our higher ordinance of thinking gets us in trouble.

We are like antihero version of Blerds and Bleeks....we Blartists....
They truly don't see the big deal with using black artists as poker chips. A lot of these bluesmen they like to prop up so much died destitute and poor. Black people didn't want to hear them. For all the talk, we created this genre or we created that genre, black people have no problem throwing those genres in the trash for the next big thing. Maybe if black people continued fukking with country and blues and rock we wouldn't have to defend ourselves and argue narratives that we created them. The only reason rock still exists is because a bunch of Englishmen that idolized black music decided to make music like their heroes. And unlike black folks here they decided to give their old heroes their flowers. A lot of old blues guys got new career opportunities and berths due to white rock guys going,"I didn't create this. I got it from my heroes Muddy Waters and BB King." Rock guitarists were having duels on who could play blues songs the best.

You can see it already happening to funk. There's barely any black guitarist teachers and you'll see white dudes teaching funk guitar and teaching white boys how to play Maggot Brains. Go to a Funkadelic show and you know I'm right. It's a sea of white. For all their talk, black audiences love to toss away black artists for the next best thing all the time every time.

"We make the trends". Yeah, well, this is what making the trends gets ya.

There's a funny disconnect between black artists and black audiences.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

:manny:
The only good country is Outlaw Country and that shyt died with Schaffer as the last major player in that movement.
Everything else been Twangy Gee-tar, fakkit tight denim hill billy confederate flag waving ol opry shyt as far as most black folk should be concerned.
I'm prolly one of the few folk on here that fukk with this semi-ignorant opinion, but by CHRIST when you think country music you can't help but think SOME facet of what I said in the second line.
That's not entirely true in the slightest as country as trending more towards a mixture of pop, rock and other genres much to the dismay of a lot of people. It isn't the country that posters think it is nor has it been that way for years now.

They want that crossover money and Grammy notoriety just like other artist do these days and genre hopping is the only way to get them there. That's why the Beyonce country move is overblown.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
That's not entirely true in the slightest as country as trending more towards a mixture of pop, rock and other genres much to the dismay of a lot of people. It isn't the country that posters think it is nor has it been that way for years now.

They want that crossover money and Grammy notoriety just like other artist do these days and genre hopping is the only way to get them there. That's why the Beyonce country move is overblown.
Modern country ain't country and is disgusting sounding filth. Thankfully there's a lot of alternatives that sound like real country.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

They want that crossover money and Grammy notoriety just like other artist do these days and genre hopping is the only way to get them there. That's why the Beyonce country move is overblown.​

I'm completely set to take your word for it, because I ain't digging into country music past Garth Brooks and damn near EVERYTHING I've been privy to, been nothing but Flag waving, Support the troops, Do that in a small town, twaddle, that grew during the patriotism/War on terror era where Keith Urban and whomever else the fukk, thrived.​

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This statement is not only hogwash, it's also attributed to Jimmie Rodgers, the so called "father of Country Music" who learned how to play guitar/banjo along with work songs, field hollers & chants from FBA railroaders.

facts...Jimmie Rodgers personally considered himself to be a Blues musician (he played straight up blues music on the guitar)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
From what I recall country music was a derivative of bluegrass which came from slave in the antebellum south. The instruments are west African in origin.

Commercial Country music began in the 1920s

5c70c9f77f5d5.image.jpg

Bluegrass began in the mid to late 1940s

Last edited: