Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Same thing with "black people created rock". Yet you don't see them fukking with black rock bands. They see black musicians and artists as a prop to push their narrative. Even if it's true, they don't give a fukk.

This is because of marketing/perceptions on how said artist or music is being marketed. For example

this first 1/2 of this song is pure Funk-Rock but was marketed as White "Metal" music

this is basically Hard Rock/ Metal (Funky though) and was marketed as "Black" Soul/Funk

......many "black" people will:camby:the Sabbath song while:blessed:at the Ohio Players song because of marketing/presentation w/o fully realizing what they just heard musically speaking. Just reverse the example for white people, because they do the same (Hendrix vs Ernie Isley)

Black Rock music marketed as Black Rock to black people doesn't work

Black Rock marketed as Funk to Black people does work

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
This is because of marketing/perceptions on how said artist or music is being marketed. For example

this first 1/2 of this song is pure Funk-Rock but was marketed as White "Metal" music

this is basically Hard Rock/ Metal (Funky though) and was marketed as "Black" Soul/Funk

......many "black" people will:camby:the Sabbath song while:blessed:at the Ohio Players song because of marketing/presentation w/o fully realizing what they just heard musically speaking. Just reverse the example for white people, because they do the same (Hendrix vs Ernie Isley)

Black Rock music marketed as Black Rock to black people doesn't work

Black Rock marketed as Funk to Black people does work

That Sabbath song is so ill. You're right. But it doesn't stop black people from knowing that rock was black made but still choosing to not listen even though it's from the same musical branch. To me music is music so I don't understand it.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
There are a few country songs I like. I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of the genre. Now, my daddy is a country music fan. I hop in his truck, and there’s a good chance a country song is being played.

It’s always been terrible how we trash country. There’s a few black country artists that could’ve used the support.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Yes, more specifically the Bay

mad-wrestling.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Over the last few years I've been listening to a little country music but only old ones,you couldn't pay me to listen to current country

It's usually the slow and depressing sounding songs that I like for some reason,some country songs has great story telling

I know it might sound crazy but if you hear the stuff they talk about in older country music it's kinda similar to hip hop, I know I know hear me out

Hip hop has a lot of artist who talk about the struggle and how they gotta get out of a situation like being broke

Artist like Dolly Parton for example grew up very poor and made music to get a better life,she talks about it in songs,she barely had shoes and clothes

Merle haggard another legendary singer who wrote all his songs,talked about being in and out of jail and music saved him

Early country singers had to grind from nothing to make enough money to live,that's respectable

I will never listen to country music daily but it has some talented storytellers

I went to hs in a very rural place that only on the rarest of occasions got NYC radio stations. If I wanted to just have the radio on in the background, it was gon be country. Ngl, some of that shyt was hitting, for the exact reasons you cited. Reminded me of r&b which makes sense.

I'm pleased with how Beyonce is using her fame in this case. I like the song. :ld:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
BlueGrass Music.
Ever heard of it? Cacs are all over it like you'd think it's theirs, but its also Black made.

There is no musical contribution to America's culture that cacs have made a originators.
The drum, guitars and other stringed instruments came from ancient Africa.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I legit think this every time it’s been me of these kind of threads

Are people just asking to ask or do they actually want to know the answer? :mjtf:

I think it’s more so let me get my threads up and ask a googleable question for engagement. It takes more time to start a thread than a simple Google search, with millions of results