Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Never liked country. Now I got to hear Beyonce fans argue about it until this album and tour comes out. :beli:
And you’ll have fans who don’t even rock with Country like that bytching and complaining if she isn’t nominated nor wins any awards at those country music shows.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
It just a pattern we’ve been stuck in that people have been trying to break. We are due for another bebop era with the way music is making us look degenerate. Who knows another group of forward thinking artists might pop out and do it right. The gotta fight with cacs who have been trying to “intelligize” our music to make themselves look good while they push degenerate forms of us. The beboppers tried to inform people and demand respect. Amiri Baraka and others used it to get shyt done. Dizzy and Duke spread the shyt all over the world. But then the next things came, the creation of rock and a form of rnb which reduced band members for the sake of profits(they were tired of people like Miles who knew their worth and punched out suits for fuxking with the money) and further commercialized music. Then there’s underfunded schools and ignorant parents that don’t pass it down. And then there’s cases like where the owner of I think Jet magazine was beefing with Reginald Lewis so he didn’t put him in his magazine. It wasn’t till after his death anyone found out he was a Black Billionaire. Imagine if more of us knew about that copped his book and found out what the “Demon Work Ethic” was. Some shyt I don’t find out about till later and then it changes my modus operandi. It’s not like I was hating on them until I needed to use them to brag to cacs—I just didn’t know or was taught. I’m sure my parents knew who Reginald Lewis was so why ain’t they tell me and make me read his book when I was reading like crazy? It just doesn’t come up till you go and check if a certain group of people are lying to you
Exactly breh.... exactly....I got a client who loves my art and was putting me on to these books about Media Cintracts, Athletic Contracts and Art contracts...the books cost $8,000.00. They purposefully have shyt out there they keep from us and put a price tag on it.

The only reason why I know of Reginald Lewis is cause I went to Morgan State and I met the architect of the Reginald Lewis Museum.

We owe it to ourselves to start championing our heroes as much as we champion Civil Rights Era. We have to or else we will not control any narratives and let the racists dictate to us who our heroes are.

Edit:
IMG-1743.jpg

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Exactly breh.... exactly....I got a client who loves my art and was putting me on to these books about Media Cintracts, Athletic Contracts and Art contracts...the books cost $8,000.00. They purposefully have shyt out there they keep from us and put a price tag on it.

The only reason why I know of Reginald Lewis is cause I went to Morgan State and I met the architect of the Reginald Lewis Museum.

We owe it to ourselves to start championing our heroes as much as we champion Civil Rights Era. We have to or else we will not control any narratives and let the racists dictate to us who our heroes are.
What's the book? Let's find alternative means.:lolbron:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
The moment they start making threads they could easily Google, you know there's a delay
I legit think this every time it’s been me of these kind of threads

Are people just asking to ask or do they actually want to know the answer? :mjtf:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ:Who cares if black people are jumping onto country, or faking the funk because of Beyonce. Non blacks do it all the time lol, they won’t be fukking with a genre of music. Until someone who looks like them does it. Then it’s “I usually don’t listen to (blank genre) but (insert white artist) is great.” Let black people fake the funk or jump on country lol.

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Country music was literally just blues done by cacs. America could'nt and wouldn't sell Black music (blues or race music) to cacs so "country music" coined. Elvis and Jerry Lewis changed that. Of course by that time, cacs began calling it Rock and Roll and startrd actually like nikkas didn't exist. They already saw how we took over doo wop and didn't want cacs women reacting the way they reacted to Elvis.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Over the last few years I've been listening to a little country music but only old ones,you couldn't pay me to listen to current country

It's usually the slow and depressing sounding songs that I like for some reason,some country songs has great story telling

I know it might sound crazy but if you hear the stuff they talk about in older country music it's kinda similar to hip hop, I know I know hear me out

Hip hop has a lot of artist who talk about the struggle and how they gotta get out of a situation like being broke

Artist like Dolly Parton for example grew up very poor and made music to get a better life,she talks about it in songs,she barely had shoes and clothes

Merle haggard another legendary singer who wrote all his songs,talked about being in and out of jail and music saved him

Early country singers had to grind from nothing to make enough money to live,that's respectable

I will never listen to country music daily but it has some talented storytellers

The real OG "country" music is totally different from the "rock w/ twang being called country" that people associate with the likes of Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus etc...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The real OG "country" music is totally different from the "rock w/ twang being called country" that people associate with the likes of Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus etc...
and why someone Chris Stapleton is as popular as he is as he reminds people of the OG country.