Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I think it’s more so let me get my threads up and ask a googleable question for engagement. It takes more time to start a thread than a simple Google search, with millions of results
I might be dumb as hell but what kind of engagement people getting on here? Walmart doesn't take Apple Pay, let alone Coli cash :mjlol:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I might be dumb as hell but what kind of engagement people getting on here? Walmart doesn't take Apple Pay, let alone Coli cash :mjlol:

This thread has 167 responses. That's the engagement I'm talking about. No way this simple ass question should be a thread let alone have this many responses

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This thread is 4 pages. That's the engagement I'm talking about. No way this simple ass question should be a thread let alone have this many responses
Ehhh going by that logic the majority of threads on this site wouldn't exist. Engagement helps keep this site alive and from dying even more than it currently is whether people realize it or not.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That Sabbath song is so ill. You're right. But it doesn't stop black people from knowing that rock was black made but still choosing to not listen even though it's from the same musical branch. To me music is music so I don't understand it.

Because to the many uninformed , "Rock/Rock N Roll" means "white" music the same way they think "Pop" means white music because the white industry made "white music," "Pop," and "Rock" synonymous for marketing reasons.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Ehhh going by that logic the majority of threads on this site wouldn't exist. Engagement helps keep this site alive and from dying even more than it currently is whether people realize it or not.
I’d argue that the quality of content keeps the site alive, some people are just posting shyt just to post.

But I don’t have the analytics on this site so maybe you’re right.

I’m just wondering, what’s the difference with just having bots post threads to boost engagement? Wouldn’t that drive away people?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Technically the roots of country, like most American music, is traced back to slavery. Specifically black slaves, white indentured servants, and white slave owners who played music together. Black slaves introduced white Americans to the banjo as well. Then things branched off with one strain becoming gospel and another becoming Appalachian music, and later country music.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Leadbelly is a good source for what early rural blacks were playing/making musically that would later get marketed as white hillbilly/country music

Alot of this black composers material is/has been taken as authentic non-black rural "white" folk/country/bluegrass music today lol

dVeEGOE.jpeg

800px-James_Bland%27s_3_Great_Songs.jpg

James Alan Bland (October 22, 1854 – May 5, 1911)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’d argue that the quality of content keeps the site alive, some people are just posting shyt just to post.

But I don’t have the analytics on this site so maybe you’re right.

I’m just wondering, what’s the difference with just having bots post threads to boost engagement? Wouldn’t that drive away people?
None at all as there are a few obvious bot or questionable posters who make threads daily on this site whose threads still gain engagement even if it isn't about the subject at hand. It's a reason why they keep getting allowed back on this site even when others have been banned for less. Hate posting or complaining is still driving traffic, but I don't think that people realize that.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You and other say that, but also complain in the same vein that this site is dying. Less threads made = less traction and engagement on this site

If EYE ever complained about the site dying etc, you'd have a point, but I don't. If it dies it dies, move along

This isn't the first message board and won't be the last