Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
all I'm saying is don't speak on shyt you have no clue about and pretend what you're saying is knowledge. that shyt honestly pisses me off when people do that

on some g shyt my mind was slippin me..that's my fault..Jimi Hendrix Experience n shyt..I even have his music..lol..Im buggin...but he is most known for his electric guitar is what im sayin..I was wildin wit the other part of the statement tho....I can admit when im wrong about some shyt..this whole Outkast subject just aggravates me..

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
i think a buncha muthafuggas need to unbunch their panties...
nobody here ever said big boi was wack, so quit playin....
a lot of us just find him technically/creatively/and poetically superior on the mic.
and like i said in my first post...
big boi>>>90% of the game :russ:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
My last point, Dre is in peoples top 5 for the same reason people will lose their minds if you say Kanye West >> Jadakiss. He is one of the greatest to touch the mic.

If it was simply the person who makes the greatest solo albums Kanye West would be better than both Jadakiss and Andre 3000 and other artists like Big Boi, Guru, Chuck D and Prodigy. A lot of people hold him above a few of those dudes a lot of people doesn't (back to the "it's all subjective" tip).

There are different questions, like "Who is the greatest solo artist?", "Who is the illest MC?" "Who is the best lyricist?" "Who has the best discography?" and imo the broadest of them all "Who is the greatest rapper of all time?" The last question, the broadest of them all is also the most subjective imo (even though all of them are 100% subjective).

This discussion would have an answer if art was quantitative, luckily it's not.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I know people that worked in the business back then, maybe Rakim told you lies, the fukk do I know. That's the word on the streets and the office.

I know all of the surrounding people..im tellin u..ERIC aint do shyt...im tellin u fam..and I dont just take what Ra says as law..not at all..im even on record sayin I feel Ra was jealous of Nas...

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know all of the surrounding people..im tellin u..ERIC aint do shyt...im tellin u fam..and I dont just take what Ra says as law..not at all..im even on record sayin I feel Ra was jealous of Nas...

ra gave nas props in that double interview, he said nas made him feel less like an alien.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on top of that, nas and rakim aren't really that much alike, from flow to content to rhymes schemes. idk why people always compare them.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
ra gave nas props in that double interview, he said nas made him feel less like an alien.

he also lied on Nas and shytted on him on multiple occasions..plus certain stuff he says makes me feel that way..not including the fact that Freddie Foxx came out and said the shyt BEFORE all the issues between Ra and Nas...Ra knew Nas since WAY before Illmatic..lol..so the fact that he only brought up Illmatic like it was the first time he heard him rap was funny to me also..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
on top of that, nas and rakim aren't really that much alike, from flow to content to rhymes schemes. idk why people always compare them.

now THIS..I can agree with...Nas was more G Rap than Rakim...which makes sense cause he was closer to G Rap..there's like ONE old Nas song where he sounds like Ra...that's it..

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he also lied on Nas and shytted on him on multiple occasions..plus certain stuff he says makes me feel that way..not including the fact that Freddie Foxx came out and said the shyt BEFORE all the issues between Ra and Nas...Ra knew Nas since WAY before Illmatic..lol..so the fact that he only brought up Illmatic like it was the first time he heard him rap was funny to me also..

yeah, didn't ra tell freddie he thought nas was whack or something.

what did he lie on nas about? you mean where he gave nas props for the bio song in the double interview but shytted on it later?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
yeah, didn't ra tell freddie he thought nas was whack or something.

what did he lie on nas about? you mean where he gave nas props for the bio song in the double interview but shytted on it later?

when the song first came out..he said he felt a way about it cause Nas aint ask him first...then...he see's Nas in person..praises the damn song on live tv..and shyt is cool...then...after that...he goes back and says he never spoke to Nas about the song and Nas still aint reach out to him...even tho the year before they was right next to eachother speakin on it...and he praised it..man..nikkas just dont know..lol.

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
No. Big Boi was the perfect balance.

The way I look at it, Big Boi was the guy that kept them grounded in the real world, whereas 3000 was always kind of trending towards his "other shyt". That's one of the things that made them great. Their styles and their perspectives were different, but they were great at melding them together into a single song or topic.

As others have stated, being the kind of unique and creative dude that 3000 is, also makes it a lot harder to finish a project when you don't have someone who's more practical and linear around to help keep things on track.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
3Stax in his prime is unfukkitable. Overall he's on the outside of my top 5 but lyrically the only nikka better then him is Lu

egolessindigo

G O H A R D
Daps
Reppin
N E W W O R L D N Y
Sir Lucious Leftfoot is better than A LOT of 3 stacks work man, idk if HELD HIM BACK is the right thing to say, i think they both elevated/inspired each-others style, that's what makes the group so awesome, you can hear 3 stacks in big boi latest delivery style