Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Now why you putting a nikka in your top 10 all time list who you dont fukk with:wtf:
Now all YOU doing is following trends..

NO..I have a PERSONAL top list...and I have an ALL TIME top list...I make sure I separate the 2..im not followin trends..I can just OBJECTIVELY see what someone brought to the game and their talent..ur not gonna always like every talented artist...I just don't think Dre has the qualifications to crack a top 10 amongst legends who pushed the genre forward...difference is I realize this hip hop shyt is bigger than ME...even top 10's can be switched cause theirs so much legendary artists...but if someone has KRS in they top 10..I can't be mad at that..know why?..even if I don't really fukk wit his music like that..wanna know why?..cause the nikka is a PIONEER...I would realize he's done shyt for the culture to push it foward..it's bigger than me and my opinion..

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I ALSO hate when nikkas like the threadstarter try to undermine another nikkas talent...when shyt was CLEARLY a group effort...nikkas act like Big Boi was elementary or wasnt needed in the group or somethin..when around when Outkast was POPPIN like that...Big Boi was the go to for features and everything...nikkas wasn't actin like Dre was all MILES ahead of Big Boi..and Honestly..I DO think Dre at one point was nicer than Big Boi...but not like nikkas make it..and not like Big Boi is a scrub n shyt..that's what I have a problem wit...cause its been CLEAR that Big Boi been holdin Outkast down for like a decade and he dont get damn near ANY respect...shyt aint right...at all..Dre don't even do shyt..and when he does pop outta nowhere..his lil verses dont even be all that...Big Boi spit better verses than Dre been droppin all thru his solo album...real talk..I just think the shyt aint fair...and it's rewriting history...

I respect your opinion even though I disagree 100% with Big spitting better versus.. Big always spit fire, but never dropped verses that made a nikka go:dwillhuh: like Dre has

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
this post is so fukked up I dont know where to start...first off..NOONE ever said nikkas can't have him in they PERSONAL lists...im talkin bout ALL TIME lists...now lets get that out of the way...look..Easy E wasn't no damn rapper...and even HE has a solo album...even tho Ice Cube and D.O.C wrote it...so ur logic is flawed...and even he aint crackin an all time list...cause that would be like puttin DIDDY in an all time list...he can be in personal lists tho..also...u sittin there REACHIN tryna act like Eric B and Rakim and BDP is the same thing as Outkast now?..ok bruh..first off..Eric B aint do shyt in the group...RA was the only rapper..PERIOD..he even made some beats...I know for a FACT that Eric B aint do shyt but connect his name..and even if he was the producer...he don't get the credit for the damn ARTIST"s vision..he couldve made the beats..but Rakim and his creativity had to make those beats...SONGS...and he even had PLENTY of solo work without Eric B attached to anything..even tho Eric B aint do shyt...same with Krs and BDP..he literally has majority of his rap catalog WITHOUT bein attached to that name...and HE was the artist...and nikkas wouldnt be holdin John Lennon to a high degree without his solo work..u kiddin nikka?..lmao...and Jimi Hendrix is a completely diff scenario...he was a damn GUITARIST...he gets praised with out nice he is on the GUITAR...not as an all around artist...when the fukk u ever heard an ONLY guitar album?..with no voices?..lol..that shyt aint the damn Sax nikka..lol...u straight up reachin all around to make a point..

:what: :snoop:

why do you speak on things you know NOTHING about?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
this post is so fukked up I dont know where to start...first off..NOONE ever said nikkas can't have him in they PERSONAL lists...im talkin bout ALL TIME lists...now lets get that out of the way...look..Easy E wasn't no damn rapper...and even HE has a solo album...even tho Ice Cube and D.O.C wrote it...so ur logic is flawed...and even he aint crackin an all time list...cause that would be like puttin DIDDY in an all time list...he can be in personal lists tho..also...u sittin there REACHIN tryna act like Eric B and Rakim and BDP is the same thing as Outkast now?..ok bruh..first off..Eric B aint do shyt in the group...RA was the only rapper..PERIOD..he even made some beats...I know for a FACT that Eric B aint do shyt but connect his name..and even if he was the producer...he don't get the credit for the damn ARTIST"s vision..he couldve made the beats..but Rakim and his creativity had to make those beats...SONGS...and he even had PLENTY of solo work without Eric B attached to anything..even tho Eric B aint do shyt...same with Krs and BDP..he literally has majority of his rap catalog WITHOUT bein attached to that name...and HE was the artist...and nikkas wouldnt be holdin John Lennon to a high degree without his solo work..u kiddin nikka?..lmao...and Jimi Hendrix is a completely diff scenario...he was a damn GUITARIST...he gets praised with out nice he is on the GUITAR...not as an all around artist...when the fukk u ever heard an ONLY guitar album?..with no voices?..lol..that shyt aint the damn Sax nikka..lol...u straight up reachin all around to make a point..

Eric B was the Dj and producer, 3 songs out of 10 on Paid in full is ALL Eric B, no rakim. Eric B found Rakim to rap on his shyt, he already had ideas for music and shyt not the other way around, but he wasn't a vocalist. If we're talking the true essence of hiphop they were equally involved in the shyt, theres a reason people say Eric B and Rakim and not Rakim. And of course people wouldn't hold John Lennon in the same place as today cause he was in a group of 4 and separated himself to get out his real agenda. But he was still millions of peoples favorite artist in the 60s before he went solo. And Jimi Hendrix sings and plays guitar, and has been called one of the greatest artists of all time and THE greatest guitar players (I hope you weren't serious about "no voices").

Point is when Jimi Hendrix speaks about his music he speaks about it with a WE as in him and his group the experience. When Rakim speaks about his music he speaks about HIS group, same with KRS-ONE. Now when they speak about their own artistic attributes Rakim on the mic, Krs on the mic and Jimi with the vocals and Guitar they say I.

And every list is a PERSONAL LIST, art is subjective. It's not like sports where the #s you put up often is correlated with your skills. Respected critics, respected artists, respected media outlets all rank Dre high. You can disagree if you want, but their list is still their personal lists Some people do not include groups as greatest artists, some people do not include people from groups, it's all subjective. Every list starts with the words In my/our opinion:

Racked Up

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad yall set this nikka str8....disrespectin big boi like that

Wherever u got dre on yo list big boi betta b rite there wit him

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Eric B was the Dj and producer, 3 songs out of 10 on Paid in full is ALL Eric B, no rakim. Eric B found Rakim to rap on his shyt, he already had ideas for music and shyt not the other way around, but he wasn't a vocalist. If we're talking the true essence of hiphop they were equally involved in the shyt, theres a reason people say Eric B and Rakim and not Rakim. And of course people wouldn't hold John Lennon in the same place as today cause he was in a group of 4 and separated himself to get out his real agenda. But he was still millions of peoples favorite artist in the 60s before he went solo. And Jimi Hendrix sings and plays guitar, and has been called one of the greatest artists of all time and THE greatest guitar players (I hope you weren't serious about "no voices").

Point is when Jimi Hendrix speaks about his music he speaks about it with a WE as in him and his group the experience. When Rakim speaks about his music he speaks about HIS group, same with KRS-ONE. Now when they speak about their own artistic attributes Rakim on the mic, Krs on the mic and Jimi with the vocals and Guitar they say I.

And every list is a PERSONAL LIST, art is subjective. It's not like sports where the #s you put up often is correlated with your skills. Respected critics, respected artists, respected media outlets all rank Dre high. You can disagree if you want, but their list is still their personal lists Some people do not include groups as greatest artists, some people do not include people from groups, it's all subjective. Every list starts with the words In my/our opinion:

nikka I KNOW RAKIM...the nikka is basically fam..u aint tellin me shyt bout that..lol..Eric B aint do shyt..lol..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
nikka I KNOW RAKIM...the nikka is basically fam..u aint tellin me shyt bout that..lol..Eric B aint do shyt..lol..

I know people that worked in the business back then, maybe Rakim told you lies, the fukk do I know. That's the word on the streets and the office.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You making yourself sick.. instead of just acceptin that different nikkas got different tastes in music, you wanna have a long drawn out debate about nikkas having the audacity to put Dre in a top5 top10 and not big boi.. like they rap or sound the same .. nikkas like you disgust me.. so if I put Jadakiss in my top 5 does that automatically make Styles and Shek in my Top 5 also

First off Lox don't have any classic group albums nikka for it to be comparable:wtb: but if they did u would be stupid to have a artist from a group in your top 5 with no solo work to back it up,and ignore the other dude in the group who's just about as raw,and act like he ain't shyt and say "bu bu but wuz styles holdin Kiss back":what:.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
NO..I have a PERSONAL top list...and I have an ALL TIME top list...I make sure I separate the 2..im not followin trends..I can just OBJECTIVELY see what someone brought to the game and their talent..ur not gonna always like every talented artist...I just don't think Dre has the qualifications to crack a top 10 amongst legends who pushed the genre forward...difference is I realize this hip hop shyt is bigger than ME...even top 10's can be switched cause theirs so much legendary artists...but if someone has KRS in they top 10..I can't be mad at that..know why?..even if I don't really fukk wit his music like that..wanna know why?..cause the nikka is a PIONEER...I would realize he's done shyt for the culture to push it foward..it's bigger than me and my opinion..

man YOUR personal top list and YOUR All time list, are the same thing because they're YOUR lists.. YOUR Top 10 aint MY top 10 buddy... YOUR qualifications aint MY qualifications.. different artists impacted different nikkas in different ways..

bogey_j

Daps
Jimi Hendrix gets his main praise as a guitarist..period..I OD'ed on the no voices shyt but my point his he was praised mostly for his iconic guitar skills...

dude..stop talking. just stop it. you don't know what you're talking about

I literally have the :what: face right now reading your shytty posts, pretending like the shyt your spewing is knowledge

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Once being effeminate hit the mainstream there was nothing Big Boi could do to stop the happiness from coming out of Andre.

bogey_j

Daps
whatever u say nikka....I take the L on the singing shyt tho..cause he was a lead singer...but his MAIN praise is from the guitar...

all I'm saying is don't speak on shyt you have no clue about and pretend what you're saying is knowledge. that shyt honestly pisses me off when people do that

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
FOH with this revisionist history! Both are equally talented and both have their own lane. To tell the truth, the contrast in styles is what made them hot. First album more reflected Big Boi's style and second was more a reflection of Andre, which set the stage for Aquemini. Them dudes held each other down and put out some good music.

That's just like people now saying DF held Cee-lo back, FOH! Dudes had hella creative space to explore and experiment to become who they are today, regardless of if they put out another album or not.