Votes: 4 4.5%
  • How you gonna hate on my man big boi son :damn:

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
nikka shut the fukk up. I've been saying Big Boi is better than Andre for years and years you fukking dweeb

Go swallow dikk, fakkit.
I thought they were pretty even on most songs, but on the tracks they weren't stacks killed it on some other shyt.

Name 3 songs you thought Big Boi absolutely without a any doubt outshined 3 stacks?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Big Boi was never > Dre..... Nobody held anybody back

Some of yall nikkas sound like real haters too mad cuz nikkaz got Dre in their top 5:scusthov:.. Thats why its called "THEIR" top 5.. not "YOUR" top 5

the only trend I've noticed, is it seems to always be NY(east coast) corny nikka always going out his way to discredit Dre.. shyts disgusting

nikka I specifically said its cool to have him in a PERSONAL top 5...but in an all time list that nikka shouldn't crack top 10...period...

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes me sick to see Andre 3K in these nikkas top 5 all time list.....I don't give a shyt if its they top 5 or not,I don't mind a personal top 10 if its based off personal taste....but I know for a fact alooota these nikkas is full of shyt....I remember wayne or either jay givin andre props first extra hard....then all of a sudden all these fukboys start comin out the woodwork talkin about what a genius this nikka is and how it would be a dream to have him on they album:wtb: some of these nikkas fakin man....I know sumtimes a popular and respected rapper givin another rapper props can sumtimes cause other nikkas to go back and listen,make a younger generation take note.....and maybe that's what happened,let's say that's what happened.....how in the fuk can Big Boi not even get a mention out none of thesesame nikkas mouths while they gushin over Andre? They have the same body of work pretty much so if 3K in ya top 5 doesn't big boi have to automatically in your top 10 as talented as he is? How wack would u have to think big boi is for him not to be in your top 10 :laugh:...and it would be impossible for you to find big boi that much wacker than 3K unless u on that bullshyt:mjpls:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
No, Big Boi never held Dre back. He would rap about stuff like getting head in the parking lot, hustling up money to feed his daughter, backstabbing friends, etc. Dre would rap about more abstract topics. But their group dynamic represented a balance that many of us wish was still present in mainstream rap. That's what made Outkast so dope imo.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I thought they were pretty even on most songs, but on the tracks they weren't stacks killed it on some other shyt.

Name 3 songs you thought Big Boi absolutely without a any doubt outshined 3 stacks?

I mean that's so subjective. I personally just enjoyed Big Boi's rapping than Andre's after Aquemini. shyt most songs they did post 2000 (which isn't many) I'd say Big Boi out did him on

I thought Big Boi showed out on the majority of Stankonia more than Andre, and then when they both dropped that Speakerboxx/Love Below shyt, I thought Big Boi's side was waaay better.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
So you are saying that someone like Jay-z and Jadakiss is following trends?
These are new york nikkas putting southern dudes in their top 5.

They know the business, they know how this music thing works, how albums work, what 3 stacks does in the studio and on better than fans. Prodigy was cats favorite emcees for his mobb deep work, Eazy E was cats favorite emcee for his NWA work. They look at the rap thing, like a rock thing. Jimi Hendrix never dropped a solo song, but he's still one of the greatest artist cause he was the lead person in his band. Paul McCartney were peoples favorite artist, John Lennon too before the Beatles broke up.

I find it funny that just cause two dudes spit together, they can't be considered as great as cats that spit alone. Not really that's a weak comparison, but my point is it's one thing there is a difference between "Greatest SOLO artist in rap" and "Greatest rapper". Eric B and Rakim was a group, Boogie Down production was a group. So Ra and Krs can't really be top 5 in Greatest solo artist, but they can still be considered in greatest rapper. Even though they had equal input on the albums shape up as their djs imo. Just like Outkast has two members and can't really be considered in greatest solo artist, but both can be considered in greatest rapper.

this post is so fukked up I dont know where to start...first off..NOONE ever said nikkas can't have him in they PERSONAL lists...im talkin bout ALL TIME lists...now lets get that out of the way...look..Easy E wasn't no damn rapper...and even HE has a solo album...even tho Ice Cube and D.O.C wrote it...so ur logic is flawed...and even he aint crackin an all time list...cause that would be like puttin DIDDY in an all time list...he can be in personal lists tho..also...u sittin there REACHIN tryna act like Eric B and Rakim and BDP is the same thing as Outkast now?..ok bruh..first off..Eric B aint do shyt in the group...RA was the only rapper..PERIOD..he even made some beats...I know for a FACT that Eric B aint do shyt but connect his name..and even if he was the producer...he don't get the credit for the damn ARTIST"s vision..he couldve made the beats..but Rakim and his creativity had to make those beats...SONGS...and he even had PLENTY of solo work without Eric B attached to anything..even tho Eric B aint do shyt...same with Krs and BDP..he literally has majority of his rap catalog WITHOUT bein attached to that name...and HE was the artist...and nikkas wouldnt be holdin John Lennon to a high degree without his solo work..u kiddin nikka?..lmao....

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
nikka fukk what u say is cool.. you dont dictate who belongs on any list. personal or all time.. Like theres a difference

there IS a difference..wanna know why?..I can fukkin have Soujah Boy on my PERSONAL top list...but how fukkin ridiculous would it be to have him on an ALL TIME list?..such ass nikkas wit classic solo albums..who pushed the genre forward..shyt like that...there's nikkas who I would put on an all time list that I dont even fukk wit..period...

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I mean that's so subjective. I personally just enjoyed Big Boi's rapping than Andre's after Aquemini. shyt most songs they did post 2000 (which isn't many) I'd say Big Boi out did him on

I thought Big Boi showed out on the majority of Stankonia more than Andre, and then when they both dropped that Speakerboxx/Love Below shyt, I thought Big Boi's side was waaay better.

Obviously liking Speakerboxxx more than Love below might be based on the fact that Speakerboxxx actually is hiphop?

But on their 3 first albums, what songs did you think he without a doubt outshined Dre? This thread just made me think about it, and I really can't think of a single song.. Not even songs that I would expect like Return of the gangsta. And post stankonia rapping wise, I've only heard them both rapping on Hollywood Divorce and International Players anthem and well, it wasn't as even as it used to be on those joints stacks absolutely murked them.

Of course it's subjective, that's why I ask what you think since you think Big Boi is better..

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Makes me sick to see Andre 3K in these nikkas top 5 all time list.....I don't give a shyt if its they top 5 or not,I don't mind a personal top 10 if its based off personal taste....but I know for a fact alooota these nikkas is full of shyt....I remember wayne or either jay givin andre props first extra hard....then all of a sudden all these fukboys start comin out the woodwork talkin about what a genius this nikka is and how it would be a dream to have him on they album:wtb: some of these nikkas fakin man....I know sumtimes a popular and respected rapper givin another rapper props can sumtimes cause other nikkas to go back and listen,make a younger generation take note.....and maybe that's what happened,let's say that's what happened.....how in the fuk can Big Boi not even get a mention out none of thesesame nikkas mouths while they gushin over Andre? They have the same body of work pretty much so if 3K in ya top 5 doesn't big boi have to automatically in your top 10 as talented as he is? How wack would u have to think big boi is for him not to be in your top 10 :laugh:...and it would be impossible for you to find big boi that much wacker than 3K unless u on that bullshyt:mjpls:

You making yourself sick.. instead of just acceptin that different nikkas got different tastes in music, you wanna have a long drawn out debate about nikkas having the audacity to put Dre in a top5 top10 and not big boi.. like they rap or sound the same .. nikkas like you disgust me.. so if I put Jadakiss in my top 5 does that automatically make Styles and Shek in my Top 5 also

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
andre 3000 can spit, but big boi didn't hold him back at all.

if anything, if it weren't for big boi andre 3000 would have just been another weird abstract rapper.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Obviously liking Speakerboxxx more than Love below might be based on the fact that Speakerboxxx actually is hiphop?

But on their 3 first albums, what songs did you think he without a doubt outshined Dre? This thread just made me think about it, and I really can't think of a single song.. Not even songs that I would expect like Return of the gangsta. And post stankonia rapping wise, I've only heard them both rapping on Hollywood Divorce and International Players anthem and well, it wasn't as even as it used to be on those joints stacks absolutely murked them.

Of course it's subjective, that's why I ask what you think since you think Big Boi is better..

But I never said Big Boi was ever better on their first three albums. Lol. I was specific in he has been better post 1999. Which is after their first three.

I'm sure I can find some, and many where I thought they came equally. Rarely, if ever, did I feel Andre merked him Big Boi on a song.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You making yourself sick.. instead of just acceptin that different nikkas got different tastes in music, you wanna have a long drawn out debate about nikkas having the audacity to put Dre in a top5 top10 and not big boi.. like they rap or sound the same .. nikkas like you disgust me.. so if I put Jadakiss in my top 5 does that automatically make Styles and Shek in my Top 5 also

I ALSO hate when nikkas like the threadstarter try to undermine another nikkas talent...when shyt was CLEARLY a group effort...nikkas act like Big Boi was elementary or wasnt needed in the group or somethin..when around when Outkast was POPPIN like that...Big Boi was the go to for features and everything...nikkas wasn't actin like Dre was all MILES ahead of Big Boi..and Honestly..I DO think Dre at one point was nicer than Big Boi...but not like nikkas make it..and not like Big Boi is a scrub n shyt..that's what I have a problem wit...cause its been CLEAR that Big Boi been holdin Outkast down for like a decade and he dont get damn near ANY respect...shyt aint right...at all..Dre don't even do shyt..and when he does pop outta nowhere..his lil verses dont even be all that...Big Boi spit better verses than Dre been droppin all thru his solo album...real talk..I just think the shyt aint fair...and it's rewriting history...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
there IS a difference..wanna know why?..I can fukkin have Soujah Boy on my PERSONAL top list...but how fukkin ridiculous would it be to have him on an ALL TIME list?..such ass nikkas wit classic solo albums..who pushed the genre forward..shyt like that...there's nikkas who I would put on an all time list that I dont even fukk wit..period...

Now why you putting a nikka in your top 10 all time list who you dont fukk with:wtf:
Now all YOU doing is following trends..