Reppin
Cali
Option 2 is really the only correct answer

anybody who picked option three stop fooling yourself nikka

:childplease:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Can't see how nikkas is missing this but let me try to make it clear. Dre is only better than BigBoi at ONE DAMN THING.. Abstract/Poetry type of shyt. That's the only thing he does "better" than Big Boi. And i say "better" because Big Boi don't really go into that lane so we can't even tell if he's better than dre at that. It's that and Dre's voice that got nikkas thinking that he's so much better than Big Boi

Judging by their body of work so far Big is technically superior to andre. nikka got more styles/flows than andre and lyrically he seeing andre all day until thie nikka pull a Badu inspired "velvet feathered soliloquy" type of lyric out his ass.

This nikka dre been winning by default on some bullshyt for years and ain't none of it because he's better than Big. People like his voice more, hoes wanna fukk him more, and the nikka had a crazy image. Strip that shyt down and the nikka is still dope, but Big is better

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's the other way around. andre held big boi back. big boi coulda been a big star on his own before aquemini and stankonia but andre 3000 was always trying to get the attention on himself though so it eventually became andre 3000. andre can rap his ass off but big boi is the one that pretty much keeps everything in check and he's also underrated as a rapper. probably one of the top underrated rappers there is. if it was just andre 3000 controlling everything, then they would end up becoming too weird to be marketable. in fact, that's what happened. andre decided to become a r&b singer and branch off doing some other sh!t basically f*cking the whole outkast brand up and big boi had to work around that. it's just like cee lo and goodie mob. now goodie mob lost it's edge because they have to work around cee lo and whatever he's doing now.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:
:scusthov: @ Saying Big Boi isn't nice.
They have damn near the same flow and writing style.
The difference between them is what they actually wind up SAYING with that skill.

No way in hell you can tell me Big Boi isn't pound for pounding seeing Andre3k.
:smh:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:
:scusthov: @ Saying Big Boi isn't nice.
They have damn near the same flow and writing style.
The difference between them is what they actually wind up SAYING with that skill.

No way in hell you can tell me Big Boi isn't pound for pounding seeing Andre3k.
:smh:

:what: Them nikkas ain't the close to the same breh. But i agree he seeing dre

That'll do for now. Dre phoning in his verses using that "enlightened southern gentleman from london shyt". I don't think the nikka done went in since Bush was in office breh's

BIG>dre

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
it's the other way around. andre held big boi back. big boi coulda been a big star on his own before aquemini and stankonia but andre 3000 was always trying to get the attention on himself though so it eventually became andre 3000. andre can rap his ass off but big boi is the one that pretty much keeps everything in check and he's also underrated as a rapper. probably one of the top underrated rappers there is. if it was just andre 3000 controlling everything, then they would end up becoming too weird to be marketable. in fact, that's what happened. andre decided to become a r&b singer and branch off doing some other sh!t basically f*cking the whole outkast brand up and big boi had to work around that. it's just like cee lo and goodie mob. now goodie mob lost it's edge because they have to work around cee lo and whatever he's doing now.
What are you talking about? They went Diamond with their weirdest album, 4 or 5 million with their 2nd weirdest and the least weirdest sold the least Southernplayacad. Outkast is a group with two leaders, they work up things together.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Can't see how nikkas is missing this but let me try to make it clear. Dre is only better than BigBoi at ONE DAMN THING.. Abstract/Poetry type of shyt. That's the only thing he does "better" than Big Boi. And i say "better" because Big Boi don't really go into that lane so we can't even tell if he's better than dre at that. It's that and Dre's voice that got nikkas thinking that he's so much better than Big Boi

Judging by their body of work so far Big is technically superior to andre. nikka got more styles/flows than andre and lyrically he seeing andre all day until thie nikka pull a Badu inspired "velvet feathered soliloquy" type of lyric out his ass.

This nikka dre been winning by default on some bullshyt for years and ain't none of it because he's better than Big. People like his voice more, hoes wanna fukk him more, and the nikka had a crazy image. Strip that shyt down and the nikka is still dope, but Big is better
:damn:, its nikkas opinion it's a not a damn fact.

And I'm not sure if you've listened to Outkast more than once to actually say that Big Boi has more styles and flows than Andre 3000. Now that is a bit more factual.
I even think they both have amongst the most flows and styles in hiphop.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
SMH@folks having the audacity to say big boi is the superior emcee/artist to andre. its one thing to say he's not trash because he's not, but better than 3k? fukk outta here clowns :childplease:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What does bIg boi do on a mic better then Dre?:snoop:

No one is saying Big boi is a scrub but Andre has always been better. Nothing but revionist history in this thread

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: Them nikkas ain't the close to the same breh. But i agree he seeing dre

That'll do for now. Dre phoning in his verses using that "enlightened southern gentleman from london shyt". I don't think the nikka done went in since Bush was in office breh's

BIG>dre

I was listening to OutKast albums all day yesterday bruh.
They sound damn near identical at points and play off each other
often, hardly ever changing the flows when they switch to the next verse.
Keeps consistency in their tracks, a divergence did start to happen around the 3rd/4th album as Dre got more out there and Big Boi stayed Big Boi, another interesting thing is how polished their flows were by Idlewild.
Interesting to listen to it play out.