Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Big Boi definitely didn't hold 3000 back.

He was in Andre's shadow for a good portion of his career, if anything.

3000 is holding himself back by focusing on an "acting career" (Idlewild was nice, though) and doing a handful of features a year. The worst part is that he consistently proves he still has "it."

Big Boi has been hip hop his whole career. Representing OutKast by himself is something he did long before they went solo, and he has definitely stepped his game up. His last album was underrated as hell.

They just need to put out a goddamn album. Whatever happened to 10 The Hard Way?

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
so are we saying tlb isn't a solo joint ??
just cuz they were packaged together they were still 2 VERY, very different projects.
quit being homers.
we've seen what big boi has done solo, dre come hip hop or singin at all he's still gonna shyt on boi.

why i think that ?

cuz boi's now workin on a new project w/modest mouse, little dragon and mumford and sons :comeon:

you really think that's not tryin to keep pace w/dre :myman:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
so are we saying tlb isn't a solo joint ??
just cuz they were packaged together they were still 2 VERY, very different projects.
quit being homers.
we've seen what big boi has done solo, dre come hip hop or singin at all he's still gonna shyt on boi.

why i think that ?

cuz boi's now workin on a new project w/modest mouse, little dragon and mumford and sons :comeon:

you really think that's not tryin to keep pace w/dre :myman:

it's a solo album...but not a Solo HIP HOP album...fukk an album..nikka barely even has solo hip hop SONGS..lol...

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
see this the shyt I dont respect...da fukk u mean?...Big Boi did ALL those same things Andre did...fashion..AND actin..STILL held outkast down for damn near a decade by himself...and Speakerboxx>>>>Love Below...I dont give a shyt who rated it...and aint no way is a nikka in the top 10 without ANY solo hip hop work...the nikka could very well suck as a solo artist and we would never know..he could be great as well..but like I said we would never know..he never dropped nothin..there's TOO many artists with great SOLO careers and classic and/or groundbreakin SOLO albums to make Dre crack a top 10 all time list without any solo work...maybe a personal favorites list..but that's where it stops...
He could suck, all I know is that he drops classic music.
He can't go back to his prime to prove this. Like Prodigy dropping a solo in 95/96 produced by Hav would probably be a lot better than HNIC.

Could've, would've, should've all I know is what he has dropped with Big Boi and its :merchant:.

You saying that Speakerboxxx is your opinion, but at least you know what other people think. And btw they rated the whole CD high as a whole. Higher than TBA and GRODT which were the discussed albums amongst hiphop fans that year.

And what Fashion has Big Boi done? He's only done minor acting besides Idlewild.

Andre has DESIGNED fashion lines, which is a full-time job. 1 year for S/S & F collection. He's acted in a bunch of movies, has his own cartoon on Cartoon Network, right now he's playing Jimi Hendrix in his biopic.. All this while Big Boi is getting arrested with ecstasy, weed, ballin in the clubs all around the nation and dropping albums, standard hiphop shyt.

Outkast combined with Andre leading the way most of the time have been a lot more groundbreaking than most acts solo or not. That's why he's top 10, and Big boi not far behind.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
He could suck, all I know is that he drops classic music.
He can't go back to his prime to prove this. Like Prodigy dropping a solo in 95/96 produced by Hav would probably be a lot better than HNIC.

Could've, would've, should've all I know is what he has dropped with Big Boi and its :merchant:.

You saying that Speakerboxxx is your opinion, but at least you know what other people think. And btw they rated the whole CD high as a whole. Higher than TBA and GRODT which were the discussed albums amongst hiphop fans that year.

And what Fashion has Big Boi done? He's only done minor acting besides Idlewild.

Andre has DESIGNED fashion lines, which is a full-time job. 1 year for S/S & F collection. He's acted in a bunch of movies, has his own cartoon on Cartoon Network, right now he's playing Jimi Hendrix in his biopic.. All this while Big Boi is getting arrested with ecstasy, weed, ballin in the clubs all around the nation and dropping albums, standard hiphop shyt.

Outkast combined with Andre leading the way most of the time have been a lot more groundbreaking than most acts solo or not. That's why he's top 10, and Big boi not far behind.
so one of the MAIN roles in ATL is minor actin?..come the fukk on...and he's done a bunch of other low budget movies too..u tryna say cause Andre's movies he's featured in(which aint even alot) go to the theater...Big Boi wasn't actin?..Big Boi had his own lil fashion thing tryna pop off if I remember correctly..and HNIC was STILL crack..damn near classic..and ATLEAST P put it out..Dre barely has solo hip hop SONGs son...do u know how high nikkas couldve held Jadakiss if he never dropped solo work and disappointed people time after time?...shyt..the only reason nikkas know Styles P is a better all around artist is cause of the solo work...nikkas would still be sleepin on Styles till this day if he only did Lox/D Block shyt...what im sayin is u can't base an artist as a Solo act off of his group efforts...ANDRE aint put out classics...OUTKAST did...nikkas need to get it straight...the group didnt only consist of him..it consisted of 2 members..him AND Big Boi...and for the fact that he fronted all this time on a solo album..and the fact that he wanted to wait till he was past his prime if he ever drops one..*which I could already see is gonna be the excuse if he drops some wack shyt*..its all on HIM..it's HIS fault..and this is why he shouldnt be in no damn top 10 greatest of all time list..when u got a LEAGUE of artists that have groundbreaking/classic SOLO work to their name...u got nikkas like Nas and Jay who got like 10+ albums of solo work and nikkas really tryna put him up there wit them..shyt aint even fair...it's 2 COMPLETELY diff leagues..work ethics...etc etc...nah..it aint right..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
so one of the MAIN roles in ATL is minor actin?..come the fukk on...and he's done a bunch of other low budget movies too..u tryna say cause Andre's movies he's featured in(which aint even alot) go to the theater...Big Boi wasn't actin?..Big Boi had his own lil fashion thing tryna pop off if I remember correctly..and HNIC was STILL crack..damn near classic..and ATLEAST P put it out..Dre barely has solo hip hop SONGs son...do u know how high nikkas couldve held Jadakiss if he never dropped solo work and disappointed people time after time?...shyt..the only reason nikkas know Styles P is a better all around artist is cause of the solo work...nikkas would still be sleepin on Styles till this day if he only did Lox/D Block shyt...what im sayin is u can't base an artist as a Solo act off of his group efforts...ANDRE aint put out classics...OUTKAST did...nikkas need to get it straight...the group didnt only consist of him..it consisted of 2 members..him AND Big Boi...and for the fact that he fronted all this time on a solo album..and the fact that he wanted to wait till he was past his prime if he ever drops one..*which I could already see is gonna be the excuse if he drops some wack shyt*..its all on HIM..it's HIS fault..and this is why he shouldnt be in no damn top 10 greatest of all time list..when u got a LEAGUE of artists that have groundbreaking/classic SOLO work to their name...u got nikkas like Nas and Jay who got like 10+ albums of solo work and nikkas really tryna put him up there wit them..shyt aint even fair...it's 2 COMPLETELY diff leagues..work ethics...etc etc...nah..it aint right..
I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree and neither do cats like Nas and Jay like you mention. Jadas albums flop cause he's just a spitter, Andre created a classic album without even rapping, he's a musician, a producer, a singer, a rapper and even an executive producer. And no Lox albums were not that good, they were dope but not touching Outkast levels. And HNIC was a strong 4 mic album, come on. Near classic? Not even close to Infamous and Hell on earth.

Theres a reason to why these rappers have 3 stacks in their personal top 5.

And to compare with Jada dude can't put together album, he's not that artistic.
His two latest albums had over 40 features and 30+ producers, no directions, most of his songs had nothing unique etc.
If he just dropped albums with say Swizz and Kanye taking all the calls and letting him rap, he could probably drop a very dope album.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree and neither do cats like Nas and Jay like you mention. Jadas albums flop cause he's just a spitter, Andre created a classic album without even rapping. And no Lox albums were not that good, they were dope but not touching Outkast levels. And HNIC was a strong 4 mic album, come on. Near classic? Not even close to Infamous and Hell on earth.

Theres a reason to why these rappers have 3 stacks in their personal top 5.

@ the bolded..yea..cause it has become a trend...period...and also...HNIC is damn near classic..imo...and also...do u remember how much high esteem nikkas was holdin Jadakiss?..u serious?..nikkas expected nothin less than a classic from him...u know how many people was DISAPPOINTED in his album even tho it wasn't even bad?..cause nikkas expected a CLASSIC..and didnt get it..and NEVER got it..even tho he was runnin round killin features and group tracks left n right..and what about Styles?..do u know how SLEPT on that nikka was in a group setting?...nikka aint get his respect till he did Solo work..from that song "Holiday" off Ruff Ryders Vol 3...nikkas started payin attention..and from then on it's been a wrap...the nikka is actually a BETTER artist than Kiss..and is BETTER at constructing albums..more creative..more deep..all that..and nikkas would have NEVER expected it if he never did solo work..that shyt is important fam..especially when judging a group artists vs an established legendary Solo artist...it's a whole nother ball game..and this is coming from a nikka who raps and has been in a group and has been solo....

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Andre has had years... YEARS... to carve out his own career. And we ain't got shyt but guest verses. And good damn guest verses most of the time, but he ain't done much on his own outside of that.

I don't think Big Boi held that dude back at all... at least not musically. Now if dude wanted to disappear years ago and rap occasionally while doing everything BUT rap most of the time, then I guess Big Boi and Outkast did hold him back from that. But he's shown over the last 5-6 years that with FREE REIGN to make music of his own, he hasn't even turned out a song.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
nikka really do be overusing the smilies. It's annoying

And Big Boi been better than Andre since 1999

man fukk outta here with this bullshyt. guys like you are the hipsters of internet forums. going against the grain ass nikkas :pacspit:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
@ the bolded..yea..cause it has become a trend...period...and also...HNIC is damn near classic..imo...and also...do u remember how much high esteem nikkas was holdin Jadakiss?..u serious?..nikkas expected nothin less than a classic from him...u know how many people was DISAPPOINTED in his album even tho it wasn't even bad?..cause nikkas expected a CLASSIC..and didnt get it..and NEVER got it..even tho he was runnin round killin features and group tracks left n right..and what about Styles?..do u know how SLEPT on that nikka was in a group setting?...nikka aint get his respect till he did Solo work..from that song "Holiday" off Ruff Ryders Vol 3...nikkas started payin attention..and from then on it's been a wrap...the nikka is actually a BETTER artist than Kiss..and is BETTER at constructing albums..more creative..more deep..all that..and nikkas would have NEVER expected it if he never did solo work..that shyt is important fam..especially when judging a group artists vs an established legendary Solo artist...it's a whole nother ball game..and this is coming from a nikka who raps and has been in a group and has been solo....

So you are saying that someone like Jay-z and Jadakiss is following trends?
These are new york nikkas putting southern dudes in their top 5.

They know the business, they know how this music thing works, how albums work, what 3 stacks does in the studio and on better than fans. Prodigy was cats favorite emcees for his mobb deep work, Eazy E was cats favorite emcee for his NWA work. They look at the rap thing, like a rock thing. Jimi Hendrix never dropped a solo song, but he's still one of the greatest artist cause he was the lead person in his band. Paul McCartney were peoples favorite artist, John Lennon too before the Beatles broke up.

I find it funny that just cause two dudes spit together, they can't be considered as great as cats that spit alone. Not really that's a weak comparison, but my point is it's one thing there is a difference between "Greatest SOLO artist in rap" and "Greatest rapper". Eric B and Rakim was a group, Boogie Down production was a group. So Ra and Krs can't really be top 5 in Greatest solo artist, but they can still be considered in greatest rapper. Even though they had equal input on the albums shape up as their djs imo. Just like Outkast has two members and can't really be considered in greatest solo artist, but both can be considered in greatest rapper.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's the other way around.

Big Boi is still holding it down making albums, while 3000 is in his own universe :yeshrug:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Big Boi was never > Dre..... Nobody held anybody back

Some of yall nikkas sound like real haters too mad cuz nikkaz got Dre in their top 5:scusthov:.. Thats why its called "THEIR" top 5.. not "YOUR" top 5

the only trend I've noticed, is it seems to always be NY(east coast) corny nikka always going out his way to discredit Dre.. shyts disgusting

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Big Boi was never > Dre..... Nobody held anybody back

Some of yall nikkas sound like real haters too mad cuz nikkaz got Dre in their top 5:scusthov:.. Thats why its called "THEIR" top 5.. not "YOUR" top 5

the only trend I've noticed, is it seems to always be NY(east coast) corny nikka always going out his way to discredit Dre.. shyts disgusting

other way around. new yorkers love dre and give him his credit and shyt on big boi