Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
No doubt. It should start with why did he pick a known segregationist to be his Vice President.

That whole episode of him speaking to those NBA players reminds me of what Malcolm X said about the March on Washington. I am paraphrasing this, but the the rally started out as an idea by some angry negroes that were tired of bullshyt. When the White man heard about it they assigned some house negroes to head off the rally. When the house negroes were unable to head off the rally the White men had those house negroes to lead the rally instead. So the rally went from being an honest angry assessment of the condition of Black people in America to one of being about overcoming some day.

A Message to the Grassroots. :wow:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People wouldn't be saying the same thing if it were teachers, transportation agents or government employees going on strike.

All of these groups go on strike yearly to affect change in their pay or working conditions. They don't go back until an agreement is made to amend their wishes.

Somehow it's different when black men take a stand to stop the killing of people that look like them. They already set up polling exercises to get people to vote. They are asking more of their team's ownership to speak and influence their political parties to get something done.

This is bigger than ball. Obama telling them to get back on the court is trying to maintain the status quo. The same one that has us watching on the news another black man dying. We feel it, im not certain on him.

Lol. There’s a huge difference between teachers, transportation agents, other government employees and NBA players/sports leagues. There’s a huge difference in the roles they perform and who pays them. There’s a huge difference in who benefits from the services they generate and who would stop benefiting from those services if there was to be a worker strike.

You all really need to learn how to contextualize these huge differences and stop being so simple minded.

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
No doubt. It should start with why did he pick a known segregationist to be his Vice President.

That whole episode of him speaking to those NBA players reminds me of what Malcolm X said about the March on Washington. I am paraphrasing this, but the the rally started out as an idea by some angry negroes that were tired of bullshyt. When the White man heard about it they assigned some house negroes to head off the rally. When the house negroes were unable to head off the rally the White men had those house negroes to lead the rally instead. So the rally went from being an honest angry assessment of the condition of Black people in America to one of being about overcoming some day.

sheesh , this is on point !!

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Personally, I can't say that Obama failed those NBA players. Not yet. It really depends on what he told them. I can see them playing and protesting (in their own way).

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
I read up to page 4 then skipped to the end of the thread so I don't know if this has been answered tackled...

If Obama told them go play but lets set up polls & get people to vote knowing Joe & Kamala don't have any plans to hold police accountable, what's the point.

How's does that get their needs met if the last unarmed black man shooting was the catalyst in this "strike". At the rate law enforcement is going, there will be another unjustified homicide or injuring of another brother before Nov 4.

And then what? /MannieFreshvoice

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
I read up to page 4 then skipped to the end of the thread so I don't know if this has been answered tackled...

If Obama told them go play but lets set up polls & get people to vote knowing Joe & Kamala don't have any plans to hold police accountable, what's the point.

How's does that get their needs met if the last unarmed black man shooting was the catalyst in this "strike". At the rate law enforcement is going, there will be another unjustified homicide or injuring of another brother before Nov 4.

And then what? /MannieFreshvoice

that’s what I’ve been telling these folks , I’m all about ending qualified immunity & rerouting some of that money that’s being used to militarize the police . Biden / Kamala have yet to come out & say anything about ending qualified immunity.

If anything Biden plan for black America is providing the police with an extra 300 Mil for community policing .

that extra 300 Mil can be used to open a Youth program for the community of Chicago . You get those kids into a program like Nip wanted to do vector 90 teach them about tech & bridge the gap between the hood & Silicon Valley .