Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
But can it get the conversation started? Add heft? Help any at all?
Like damn nikka, a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.
And as public and popular as many of these guys are, that initial step could cause tremors elsewhere.
We can't move in the right direction, even if we can't see the desired conclusion from this point?!
We living in the era of easy data access, if you want it, not the pre-Civil rights/pre-innanet era of limited media/info access...their protest for awareness/convo starter, isn't as impactful as video evidence during this social media era
In other words, we're past the need for "spreading awareness," instead we need strategic maneuvers/consistency/honesty that doesn't play along any political party agenda/narrative

You missed my other point. The owners' pockets will be hit with a protest, we'll go back once these politicians in your pocket are swayed towards what we want.
I know how politics is a pay for play game. The billionaires they have direct access to and can affect directly would be moving different once they see there aren't any breaks in the strike.
The romantic idea that this small billionaire club of franchise owners will have more sway over these greedy politicians than other billionares/lobbyist of the country is wishful thinking/feel-good rhetoric

Sport franchises aren't the only hustle these billionaires have, but the professional game/endorsements check is the only hustle the majority of these athletes have. During this advanced technological era, millionaire athletes have better options to be more effective to achieve their social activist goals than waiting for their respective games to start

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

One of these days , we’re gonna have an honest conversation about Obama :sas2:

No doubt. It should start with why did he pick a known segregationist to be his Vice President.

That whole episode of him speaking to those NBA players reminds me of what Malcolm X said about the March on Washington. I am paraphrasing this, but the the rally started out as an idea by some angry negroes that were tired of bullshyt. When the White man heard about it they assigned some house negroes to head off the rally. When the house negroes were unable to head off the rally the White men had those house negroes to lead the rally instead. So the rally went from being an honest angry assessment of the condition of Black people in America to one of being about overcoming some day.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Again, they have access to billionaires as the team owner. The workers aren't working and your money isn't being put in your pocket something is going to change. You can't replace a LeBron James with anybody in college or the like.

They don't have the draw or base to entice people to watch. Continue the strike and some of these old stubborn owners will be moving out of their seats to put money in politicians pockets for change.

We definitely see things similarly in regards to this situation

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These billionaire owners didnt become such because of their teams, they were that before that. It's instant profit to many of them. Quite a few arenas were paid by the city/states they are in to even further the point, which is precisely why they arent so bothered about no fan attendance. The owners would hardly cave. they dont have a reason to, which is why players strikes don't last that long. Who's money gonna get dry first? The owners or players? Every NBA player doesnt have anywhere close to LeBron type income, but every owner has billion dollars access outside of basketball. I get the notion of sitting out. i do.

If it were so simple, players would have done so already.

:ehh:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
voted for him twice...smh at what he ended up being