Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is tho? Tariq damn sure ain't and the coli loves him.
Man i hope it aint that clown.

I cant give you an answer. This culture/generation is too divisive and cynical.

no one is good enough. You are labeled anti black or an uncle tom for any minor disagreement or slip up. No one is redeemable.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Man i hope it aint that clown.

I cant give you an answer. This culture/generation is too divisive and cynical.

no one is good enough. You are labeled anti black or an uncle tom for any minor disagreement or slip up. No one is redeemable.
These folk on this very board called Angela Davis a c00n for saying she's voting for Biden to get Trump out of office. Most of these faux militants here are white men breh.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
The owners agreeing to allow the arenas to serve as voting centers is certainly a win. I dont think that is what LeBron himself was looking for specifically, but that is undeniable progress.

Just keep the demands coming without being satisfied because the real changes are a long ways away if they come at all, but still must be strive for.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The owners agreeing to allow the arenas to serve as voting centers is certainly a win. I dont think that is what LeBron himself was looking for specifically, but that is undeniable progress.

Just keep the demands coming without being satisfied because the real changes are a long ways away if they come at all, but still must be strive for.
The NBA players also got this done

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
What was them not playing going to solve ultimately?

They got all the arenas to turn into voting booths. That’s amazing.

they could’ve held and ask for some real change tho , these candidates are asking these athletes to tell people to vote , they turned the arena into a voting booth . But none of our demands are being met , since the protests started & the NBA started only a few cities decided to end qualified immunity, I’d say like 2 or 3 .

biden / Harris want the black vote but they aren’t even down to end qualified immunity. To make matters worst Biden want to invest 300Mil into community policing ??????

Daps
I was disappointed in Obeezy. Doesnt mean we disregard him as a man who tried and made some changes but based on the reports, his advice was Sad.

Also understand that what we want obama and michelle to be are not what they are. They want to write books, do speeches, and canoodle with establishment.

They are not in the streets with the protestors. While also Politikin behind the scenes with local government to change police unions laws, Push forth strong financial empowerment measures for minorities, etc.

They arent our bonnie and clyde for the new uprising.

Expect the former president of the United States to be in the streets shouting and marching, brehs.

He is more effective in his position than he would ever be walking through the streets with you, breh.

You want him to cheapen the value of his position and it shows you dont understand anything about the position that he held.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
they could’ve held and ask for some real change tho , these candidates are asking these athletes to tell people to vote , they turned the arena into a voting booth . But none of our demands are being met , since the protests started & the NBA started only a few cities decided to end qualified immunity, I’d say like 2 or 3 .

biden / Harris want the black vote but they aren’t even down to end qualified immunity. To make matters worst Biden want to invest 300Mil into community policing ??????
IDK what “real change” outside of awareness is done by basketball players.

the real problem is relying on dudes in their 20s and early 30s to have enough political mastery, access, and credibility to affect government and economic systems.

I.E. they’re out of their depth. They should frame the concessions they got as a win and keep it moving or at least find a way to make what they’ve done and continue to pursue appear to be bigger than what it is.

the messaging and branding is important here.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Obama is a career politician, he doesn’t care about the social/economic advancement of black people. The average rank and file negro is still enamored by this nikka’s charm and all the bullshyt symbolism.
What is a basketball player really going to do? You want them to stop the pentagon from building more aircraft carriers?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Obama doesn’t like confrontation. That was evident in that very first debate with Romney. And him telling these guys to go back to playing is him feeling Extra special because the nba commissioner I think called him to help get these guys back to work.

I’m a Obama guy so I can’t hate on him too much. But not happy about his decision here.
Speaking out and advocating change is important and shouldn’t be lost. But these guys already have a job to do. That’s why the decadent veil of black athletes and entertainers makes them appear to have more access and power than they really do. They are powerless and dependent on consumers and fans who they can’t piss off forever.

only in our community do we ask for our only leaders who happen to be athletes and artists to also make our laws and political policies. We have no one else off means in business or independently wealthy or powerful enough to rely on.

no one listens to 20 year olds. Why would they start now? Take the wins of success at the ballot box and branding of change and hand it off to actual people who do this for a living.

for fukks sake lebron is on chapter one of the autobiography of Malcolm x. What’s he really going to do?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

People are ignoring how amazing of a concession this is.