Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why am I not surprised people slamming Obama for this. To be honest, it makes perfect sense. They players have a voice, and they have power. Shutting down a few games made impact. It did, may not be what everyone wants to see though.

The players would be no better than rioters burning down buildings if they all decided to kill the season. LeBron and Kawhi could easily leave the bubble if they feel they need to. They have a huge platform there though, they are readily accessed and can make powerful statements after. during. and before every single game.

Why kill a free venue to speak aloud?
This is the dumbest shyt I have ever read on here :mjlol:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understood the distinction clearly. But the method remains the same.

So answer this question that you've ignored already twice then, smart-ass.

You really think that if the Nba players went on a serious strike, solely and officially due to a need for police reform, and they talk about reaching out to their fellow athletes in the other major leagues, it wouldn't do anything?

All that money, both directly and tangentially supported by games stops and you think the richest people in this country will just shrug and life goes on?

Just answer the question and stop dancing around.

It should be obvious that my answer is no. These leagues are private profit shares. There’s some small towns where sports teams are major sources of residual revenue that maybe could be compelled to act on the players demands but the vast majority of big cities don’t care if it came down to it.

The fact that most conservative politicians instantly shrugged these strikes off without a second thought says it all.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Why am I not surprised people slamming Obama for this. To be honest, it makes perfect sense. They players have a voice, and they have power. Shutting down a few games made impact. It did, may not be what everyone wants to see though.

The players would be no better than rioters burning down buildings if they all decided to kill the season. LeBron and Kawhi could easily leave the bubble if they feel they need to. They have a huge platform there though, they are readily accessed and can make powerful statements after. during. and before every single game.

Why kill a free venue to speak aloud?

Your understanding of correlation is primed for Fox news. Amazing.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Of course you wouldnt get it. Let me break it down for you.......

When the owners suspended the season due to void folks called them out for killing their employees ability to work and provide. Imagine if the players did that instead of them. I'm also taking into account that yes, the games are not in their hometown arenas either. Think before you speak or ask if you cant comprehend.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
What have u done in your life that on par with Obama's accomplishments? Who did u give health care to?
Just because you've done good things, don't mean the bad things even out

And it's weird to root for a nikka like a sports team at the end of the day

This nikka aint Malcolm, he aint MLK

He's a US President

You got some Republican talking points tho...BUT BUT what have you done?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
It should be obvious that my answer is no. These leagues are private profit shares. There’s some small towns where sports teams are major sources of residual revenue that maybe could be compelled to act on the players demands but the vast majority of big cities don’t care if it came down to it.

The fact that most conservative politicians instantly shrugged these strikes off without a second thought says it all.

Yet if the fire spread to the NFL or threatened to, it would become a priority for those same conservative politicians.

And you're still missing my overall point.

We know that the politicians first goal is to line their pockets with money from the people.
Yet, it's laws that are passed that largely only help the wealthy.
When people say politicians are bought out, who do you think is rich enough to buy them in the first place?
Many of the owners aren't solely rich because of the franchises they own. That's just portions of their portfolios.

Yet, if that money dries up, I do feel calls and changes would eventually follow.
You don't.

Agree to disagree, cocksucker.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
People wouldn't be saying the same thing if it were teachers, transportation agents or government employees going on strike.

All of these groups go on strike yearly to affect change in their pay or working conditions. They don't go back until an agreement is made to amend their wishes.

Somehow it's different when black men take a stand to stop the killing of people that look like them. They already set up polling exercises to get people to vote. They are asking more of their team's ownership to speak and influence their political parties to get something done.

This is bigger than ball. Obama telling them to get back on the court is trying to maintain the status quo. The same one that has us watching on the news another black man dying. We feel it, im not certain on him.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Dude is a huge sports fan, he's biased towards what he loves to see and that's sports... I can't blame him at all.

But I strongly disagree with the breh, I think the ripple affect around the world will be staggering.