Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
You mean the Montgomery Bus Boycott? Now tell me whats the difference between the Montgomery Transit system and the fukking NBA you retard?

The money at stake if the second most popular American sports league goes on strike dwarfs the gdp of Alabama as a whole.

You really think that if the Nba players went on a serious strike, solely and officially due to a need for police reform, and they talk about reaching out to their fellow athletes in the other major leagues, it wouldn't do anything?

All that money, both directly and tangentially supported by games stops and you think the richest people in this country will just shrug and life goes on?

You're bugging and a dumbass.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do u nikkas always care about athletes and entertainers opinions and stance on everything for approval

We have black politicians in the White House in the house , black politicians in your state , in your city and nikkas always running to Lebron or Jay Z on what they going to do

U the same nikkas wanting Lebron and them to take stance and don’t play and hurt the league pockets, but u same nikkas are Buying foreign cars, white owned clothes at their department stores and food at white owned restaurants , but talking about a stance

If they play or not , white cops and politicians isn’t going to change regardless....

nikkas still played when Donald sterling’s of the clippers said he hate nikkas and been hating nikkas for 30 plus years

nikkas still played when dan Gilbert owner of the cavs got mad at Lebron for leaving and basically call him a slave
The point here is that athletes actually took stand and a black politician convinced them to give it up. Lebron should have asked Obama if this was the approach with which he managed not to bring about the change that he promised.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
If there's no games, that's money being lost for ads, streaming and commentary afterwards.

If the season is on strike, vast amounts of money are being lost from the head down.

Plus, the fear of it catching on in other leagues means that it threatens revenue and profits over there as well.

You think those billionaires won't start having their people make calls, if their money slows or better still, drops?

They're all kinfolk at the top, and the political figures are their hired muscle.

I legit cannot believe that so many of us don't know how this shyt works.
How bout black ppl just not support some of these corporations and spend within our own communities.

The nba is not bringing in trillions of dollars. Them playing or boycotting will do nothing. Their ratings were azz anyways.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
@darius19

N.B.A. and Players’ Union Agree to Resume Play

“As an avid basketball fan, President Obama speaks regularly with players and league officials,” Katie Hill, a spokeswoman for Obama, said in a statement to The New York Times. “When asked, he was happy to provide advice on Wednesday night to a small group of N.B.A. players seeking to leverage their immense platforms for good after their brave and inspiring strike in the wake of Jacob Blake’s shooting.

“They discussed establishing a social justice committee to ensure that the players’ and league’s actions this week led to sustained, meaningful engagement on criminal justice and police reform.”

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The money at stake if the second most popular American sports league goes on strike dwarfs the gdp of Alabama as a whole.

You really think that if the Nba players went on a serious strike, solely and officially due to a need for police reform, and they talk about reaching out to their fellow athletes in the other major leagues, it wouldn't do anything?

All that money, both directly and tangentially supported by games stops and you think the richest people in this country will just shrug and life goes on?

You're bugging and a dumbass.

Again, explain to me the difference between boycotting a public transit system and players within a private league going on strike?

You seem too dumb to contextualize the difference between a public service that is used to generate state revenue that said state depends on and the NBA where 95% of the money ends up in the hands of the owners and players.

But hey, at least your simpleton ass knows what GDP means.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Can't even blame Obama:yeshrug:
I mean fukk him
But if the players was bout it they would have continued any way

But yeah we have to let this idiolization of Obama go
Its weird
What have u done in your life that on par with Obama's accomplishments? Who did u give health care to?

Last edited:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
locally Ive been schooling & talking to people of my generation on how important it is to vote . We’ve had a racist state attorney for 27 years , who has yet to convict a cop . Unfortunately she won the election with over 60% of the votes .

I’ve also been very vocal in my community about ending qualified immunity. Believe it or not even tho you & I have our disagreements I don’t care about either political parties I just want this type of social injustice to end .

I’m not the type to fall for politicians with lip service , either you come with a correct plan or gtfoh .

sorry for the typos

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Why am I not surprised people slamming Obama for this. To be honest, it makes perfect sense. They players have a voice, and they have power. Shutting down a few games made impact. It did, may not be what everyone wants to see though.

The players would be no better than rioters burning down buildings if they all decided to kill the season. LeBron and Kawhi could easily leave the bubble if they feel they need to. They have a huge platform there though, they are readily accessed and can make powerful statements after. during. and before every single game.

Why kill a free venue to speak aloud?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Why do u nikkas always care about athletes and entertainers opinions and stance on everything for approval

We have black politicians in the White House in the house , black politicians in your state , in your city and nikkas always running to Lebron or Jay Z on what they going to do

U the same nikkas wanting Lebron and them to take stance and don’t play and hurt the league pockets, but u same nikkas are Buying foreign cars, white owned clothes at their department stores and food at white owned restaurants , but talking about a stance

If they play or not , white cops and politicians isn’t going to change regardless....

nikkas still played when Donald sterling’s of the clippers said he hate nikkas and been hating nikkas for 30 plus years

nikkas still played when dan Gilbert owner of the cavs got mad at Lebron for leaving and basically call him a slave

Athletes are fukking up the white man's money. There's bound to be change when you mess up the white man's money.

Of course No nikkas Democrats trying to stop that

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Again, explain to me the difference between boycotting a public transit system and players within a private league going on strike?

You seem too dumb to contextualize the difference between a public service that is used to generate state revenue that said state depends on and the NBA where 95% of the money ends up in the hands of the owners and players.

But hey, at least your simpleton ass knows what GDP means.

I understood the distinction clearly. But the method remains the same.

So answer this question that you've ignored already twice then, smart-ass.

Just answer the question and stop dancing around.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
What have u done in your life that on lar with Obama's accomplishments? Who did u give health care to?
brehs screen names is black trash, you know he aint done shyt mayne. same as me, I know I aint got not 1% of Obama accomplishments:mjlol:

people speak hyperbolic on Obama, its just the same as when people curse God hoping he will listen and help them :skip: