Did Barack Obama Fail the NBA Players That Looked to Him for Advice?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was never a great argument for the players harming themselves financially. It was all emotional and reactionary.

No racist gives a fukk about the NBA and racism isn’t a problem that “fukking up the money” can solve. Especially when most racists are of mid to low income.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
What exactly is them not playing bball going to do? They're professional athletes, do your job. Encourage ppl to vote. Work within their communities to demand reform.

If there's no games, that's money being lost for ads, streaming and commentary afterwards.

If the season is on strike, vast amounts of money are being lost from the head down.

Plus, the fear of it catching on in other leagues means that it threatens revenue and profits over there as well.

You think those billionaires won't start having their people make calls, if their money slows or better still, drops?

They're all kinfolk at the top, and the political figures are their hired muscle.

I legit cannot believe that so many of us don't know how this shyt works.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
There was never a great argument for the players harming themselves financially. It was all emotional and reactionary.

No racist gives a fukk about the NBA and racism isn’t a problem that “fukking up the money” can solve. Especially when most racists are of mid to low income.

The bus boycott was about effing up money had a tangible effect on racist policy.

Either you're a liar or you're ignorant.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m all for the players boycotting the season but without any context who knows how the conversation went...maybe Obama was actually giving them game. Dude was one of the best lawyers in the Chicagoland area before he became president, he could’ve been helping the players and NBAPA actually push forward things they wanted

I don’t know this to be true just like all of y’all but the Coli hot takes are :stopitslime:

Last edited:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I’m all for the players boycotting the season but without any context who knows how the conversation went...maybe Obama was actually giving them game. Dude was one of the best lawyers in the Chicagoland area before he became president, he could’ve been helping the players actually push forward things they wanted

I don’t know this to be true just like all of y’all but the Coli hot takes are :stopitslime:

That's why I said I want full context/convo...cause on the face it sounds bad and is disappointing.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He knows that Trump would use the issue of them sitting out to further galvanize his racist base. Cacs hate "entitled dumb rich athletes" it definitely would have helped Trump win.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

I would disagree basketball is global, now football all hell would break loose but basketball would affect relations outside of America which would just amp up controversy. Trump is too stupid to see the bigger picture but it would get real.

Trump is up here sounding and moving like 08 Ron Paul, Rauds daddy who is racist himself and wanted separate America from everything.

As fror NBA stars truth is one of them need to straight-up cash out and move to Africa that's the only way to make a stand.