Did ANYONE on here grow up in the hood or projects? Or nah

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I was raised in a lower middle class neighborhood (median 20k income) but went to a school of cacs, one time i was with suburban bytches and their dad scolded them for coming to the 'ghetto' after a dance :huhldup:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yup.
Sumner projects in Bed Stuy.

14jckkg.jpg

mu94zk.jpg

o9pzds.jpg

spbtw9.jpg

bg7lax.jpg

:salute:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I grew up in the islands. No escaping the hood there unless you a tourist and stay in the tourist section.

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Scott Projects and Lincoln Fields in Miami. Went to Poinciana Park Elementary.

Card Holder

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
you know bout nelson court & crookville?

what about the ave & uptown?

I moved to Cali when I was 13 back in 97' so nah those don't ring a bell. I stayed in the projects off south prospect, and mostly Palm st. by Mark Twain elementary. and lived by Malikowski Circle in New Britain too. I remember Charter Oaks being the worst back then. All my fam except my parents still live in Hartford but I haven't been back there in years man.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
grew up in the one nice part of Brightmoor, Detroit, MI it has another name but its so small and nice people still lump it in with Brightmoor its surrounded on all sides by it.

Google it...its fukked up breh...but seriously there's like 3 block of nice homes and then its like Hiroshima...

Daps
Project ? Nah...Grew up in the hood

East Palo Alto in the early 90s was a warzone and never really recovered. I was too young to know it at the time though...My parents did me a great service by getting me out of there before my teens.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
BX, hillside projects. Truthfully growing up was fun. We played baseball, tag, kick the can and mad video games. It was only when I got older that I realized why we never could play baskeball on the ps 78 courts, or why certain areas had crunch glass vials that got stuck on our sneaker bottoms :manny:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Rogers Park was a f*ckin' hood back in the 80s-90s, now it's all gentrified so when I tell nikkaz nikkas was gettin' killed by Clark and Howard they look at me like :rudy: Not sure what's the point of this, it's nothin' to brag about :manny: To me unless it's QB projects or Cabrini Green or Magnolia or Watts it wasn't really that bad for you :manny:

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
I feel you breh, if you watch my posts you will see I stay calling out the c00ns and cacs. There is no way a normal black man who grew up around black people would say some of the shyt some of these cats say me and @Born2BKing say this shyt all the time. Don't take them seriously breh, you can never tell if these people are c00ns or just cac's but something ain't right with some of em, we will never get to see them so we will never know

Anyway to answer the question.

Grew up London in a ghetto/hood/project area at the start (Homerton, East London), it was weird because my dad owned African food shops and was making bank but due to having 4 shops in the area he chose to stay there.

Then we moved to the burbs (Hertfordshire), I hated it, our shops and customers were in the hood so the journey to our shops in the hood and change of environment was shyt (cac's, racists, being the only blacks etc). Someone called my sister the N word when we were there.

Now we are finally settled in Germany in Berlin. My parents live on the outskirts of Belin. I bought my house more central Berlin in a normal middle class area.

After I marry and I'm ready to have kids I'll move to somewhere more suburban. I might move back to London only time will tell.

Your a Whack poster.

I bet 100 cash i could beat u up 1v1. fukking nazi

:birdman: