Did ANYONE on here grow up in the hood or projects? Or nah

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I grew up in a hippie commune..

KnYaTt4.png

That's me in the red shirt as a lil kid..we all lived in this big farm house..about 50 of us..

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Born and raised in the hood, but now it's a yuppie-artsy-fartsy haven :pacspit:

None of these cacs were around when all you heard was gunshots at night, and the dreads had

the corner locked. Of course that negative aspect of coming from the hood is nothing to be

proud of. But, I'll be lying if I didn't admit that I turn my nose up seeing these cacs so chirply

around here. Many people lost their lives on the very same spots, these cacs now mingle and sip their coffee at:scusthov:

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
from the bay lived with my dad when i was little but went to go live my mom and sis in the little housing projects that isiah rider is from. i woudnt consider myself a hood person like that though but i dont feel out of place in that environment and i feel like a lot of people blow it out of proportion. i dont know why but they just do i guess to come off a certain way

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Its sorta hood, i guess. Lower middle class. West Oak Lane, Uptown, Philaldelphia.
Houses with lawns. Philly is not really a project type city. Row homes and narrow streets.
My area was ALL black, with a few Ricans and Jews sprinkled in.
And any all black area is gonna have problems, unfortunately.

Happy as hell my family moved out when we did, cuz everytime I go back somebody I know or used to hang with has died or doing time for guns/murder/drugs.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I grew up in a rowhome in Wilmington, Delaware. West Center City, (Down Bottom), 6th and Madison. It was the hood. Nothing but, Blacks and Latinos. A few Italians sprinkled in on the better streets. Houses looked like this.

Wilmington is like the younger brother of Philadelphia, Camden and Chester. People hear "Delaware" and think its a soft place with a bunch of white people. In reality, it's a majority black city that was listed #9 in homicides and violent crimes (Camden and Chester ranking higher of course :damn:).

Last edited:

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
Grew up in Astoria Pj's Queens NY till graduated HS and never looked back

Now I live in a gated and my kids will never have to experience that

Kuuuuush

Riiiiiiiiight
Daps
Suburbs, in a comfortable middle to upper class neighborhood about 10 mins from downtown Boston. As of now, our hoods up here aren't really on the same level as other parts of the country, but that doesn't mean there still isn't some disgusting violence and grimy neighborhoods in certain parts of the bean.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I lived in the projects for a brief while when I was real young and several trailer parks after that but I have spent most of the rest of my life in a house in the country

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
Grew up in a typical poor neighborhood. Little bad ass kids running around breaking windows and shyt. Only a few murders I can count during my 15 years living there. A lot of robberies and drug busts though. Nothing special. One of the few thing I miss about there is how real people were. If someone didn't like you told you straight up. I've never met so many fake people since moving to the burbs. Neighborhood was about 90% hispanic and 9.99% black. Only one white family lived there that I remember.