Did ANYONE on here grow up in the hood or projects? Or nah

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
shyt was fukked up as a kid so we stayed moving all over the place. Mainly in the hood tho.
Lived in
Compton (behind where that Thrifty's used to be at on Compton Blvd and Atlantic)
ES Long Beach (on Cerritos and 20th right next ro King Park)
NS Long Beach (on South and Paramount, on Downey and Artesia and also in the Carmelittos.)
Los Angeles (on the east and west side of south central).
I can never speak bad on the hood or people in the lowe class. I come from that, so to speak ill of my roots is wrong. I also would never glorify that becuz nobody in their right mind wants to live poor in a broken community.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Nope.
I was raised for a very short time in the Bronx, and then my family moved up and out to a small town. I don't remember a lot.
There is this one incident I remember. Our family was walking from our apartment to the car and just as we turned the corner, these kids who were playing stick ball in the street accidentally hit my father's windshield with the ball. They took off when they saw us. That little spider mark stayed on the windshield forever. My parents owned that car for over 10 years.

Last edited:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
27th and allegheny in Philly.

Not the pjs...but a rough ass neighborhood....drugs....robberies....killings.

I made it out, good career, good woman with a career, house in the burbs, etc.

So when you see someone grew up in the same enviroment as many others and got tired of getting locked up, started getting sick of the whole neighborhoods way of life, and changing myself, and i ask other black people whats their poor ass excuse when i grew up like them and 9/10 more worse and then they call me "cac" "c00n" and other variations, well, then you know you on the coli!!!

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
tumblr_lva5xbkLKM1qixg80.gif

at this whole thread

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
just outta love&respect for the good brotha since i met him last week&my beliefs mirror his 360%

"but before you fix your mouth and try to come with a retort,
please be advised that Jesus never took a plea in court,
and he never had a plane and he never had a car,
and he never had a church that was visited by stars,
but he did have love for the poor and the thieves,
AND HE WAS IN THE STREETS,KINDA SIMILAR TO ME.."

AmenRa