Diasporans with DNA traced roots granted citizenship to Sierra Leone

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and my mom are gonna go for it and we’re strongly considering applying for dual citizenship for the whole immediate family. I’m thinking it would be best if we do the Family Kit, plus digging up on their background and receiving a certain energy frequency from Spirit, I feel like I can trust AfricanAncestry at their word of properly disposing tests after results and not collecting them for agencies and shyt. Legit made me happy when I saw that both the creators live in DC and are Howard alum :wow:

And I have a deep feeling we might have significant Salone results on the matrilineal side because my mom’s side of the family has ancestral roots in Florence, South Carolina...Which is at least 2 hours from Charleston. We also have Gullah-Geechie distant family members down there too. Hell, we have a close friend of the family who used to be my personal barber and he’s originally from Sierra Leone but he looks straight up ADOS and has what I believe to be a New York-lite accent and his complexion is similar to Pea from Baby Boy....I was like :ohhh: when I found out about that

Good luck, hopefully everything works out. Good thing about Sierra Leone, they could care less about how many other Citizenships you have.

One thing I would say about Sierra Leone. Is that, there really isn't a look. Because other then 2 Groups, non off them are indigenous to the land. Our population happened through migration mainly from the West and North. Lots off mixing happened.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually there are small pockets here who have kept it but it's up to you to want to know your real roots and not some fabricated story.

And all those Black groups who speak some sort of Non Euro based languages. What they speak can be directly traced to Africa.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I visited Salone in 2012 and 2014, was in Aberdeen area of Freetown both times. It’s a beautiful place filled with warm, kind hearted people. Obviously, there are huge challenges to overcome with reconstruction following the long civil war that ended in 2000.

There are also many Krio people who essentially are the original returnee diasporans. They came back in the 18th century from the USA, the Caribbean and Canada.

Salute to the new citizens from America and I wish them well.
:salute:

My family are Krio from Freetown. Not had the chance to visit yet though, hopefully after COVID

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I would never want to get citizenship to the race traitors that sold my ancestors to white devils:unimpressed:

Yall can have that

My Ancestors shed blood and built America

This my shyt
The concept of race didn't exist back then???:dahell:

In those days, to a Mende, a Limba might as well be a cac

Apply modern concepts of race to ancient ancient cultures brehs:dahell:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
And all those Black groups who speak some sort of Non Euro based languages. What they speak can be directly traced to Africa.
I wish Nigeria grants citizenship like Salone and Ghana does

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You still thinking it's about Africa when there is no African roots. Liberia, Sierra Leone were made up colonies with Indigenous Americans there.

Daps
I respect the Gullah a lot. They maintained so much of their African culture its remarkable. Their language sounds heavily Caribbean influenced.

By the way, do the ADOS / FBA activists consider Gullah to be part of them?
gullah-celeb-480x270-1.jpg

gospel-choir37778.jpg

:jbhmm:
Alot of the early slaves that landed in the gullah Islands came from Barbados so that's why the language sounds similar and they also do year of returns to both Barbados and Africa led by queen quetta

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alot of the early slaves that landed in the gullah Islands came from Barbados so that's why the language sounds similar and they also do year of returns to both Barbados and Africa led by queen quita

That is not true. Gullah people did not come from Barbados. In fact almost all slaves in the USA before 1807 came directly from Africa, rather than from the Caribbean. Caribbean slaves were not brought by in large into the USA until after 1808 when the USA banned the direct importation of slaves directly into the USA.

Fwiw, Gullah people were deported to places like the Andros Island in the Bahamas and to Mexico and Oklahoma after the Seminole Indian wars in Florida.

The reason that the Gullah sound the way that they do is that the Gullah are a mixed African people that had very little English used around them. So they are basically speaking a Creole language of several different African languages.

https://glc.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Black Seminoles .pdf
Forgotten Rebellion: Black Seminoles and the Largest Slave Revolt in U.S. History
Historical Context: Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That is not true. Gullah people did not come from Barbados. In fact almost all slaves in the USA before 1807 came directly from Africa, rather than from the CaribbeaSecn. Caribbean slaves were not brought by in large into the USA until after 1808 when the USA banned the direct importation of slaves directly into the USA.

Fwiw, Gullah people were deported to places like the Andros Island in the Bahamas and to Mexico and Oklahoma after the Seminole Indian wars in Florida.

The reason that the Gullah sound the way that they do is that the Gullah are a mixed African people that had very little English used around them. So they are basically speaking a Creole language of several different African languages.

Forgotten Rebellion: Black Seminoles and the Largest Slave Revolt in U.S. History
Historical Context: Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
This is a convo more suited to the Root, but your third & fourth sentences are false.

Until the United States was established , the 13 mainland colonies were an extension of the
British colonies in the Caribbean. They were all British territory and the the delivery of enslaved people flowed from Africa to 13 colonies directly, as well as from Africa to (British controlled)West Indies and eventually to the mainland (British controlled) 13 colonies. And as you pointed out from 13 colonies to British controlled West Indies.

The segment of the 1619 Project about Sugar hammers this point home.
But it's been covered multiple times in the Root.

After 1807 , outside of the illegal trade, and whites fleeing the St. Domingue revolution and using legal loopholes to bring their enslaved here, the amount of enslaved arriving here from Caribbean was minimal. The enslaved Africans from Haiti who arrived in Louisiana and other American cities where white St. Dominguans had fled would have been among the last large number.
And even then, American legal system challenged the rights of those planters to import slaves into America

Daps
That is not true. Gullah people did not come from Barbados. In fact almost all slaves in the USA before 1807 came directly from Africa, rather than from the Caribbean. Caribbean slaves were not brought by in large into the USA until after 1808 when the USA banned the direct importation of slaves directly into the USA.

Slaves from the Caribbean were a huge majority of the slaves being imported to the US starting from the 1600s. By the late 1600s Maryland and Virginia's black population were mostly from Barbados. Same with SC especially charleston, New Netherlands(present day Jersey,NYC,Pennsylvania and delaware) the earlier ones came from dutch brazil then later curacao,Trinidad and Jamaica. It wasnt until 1712 after the New York slave revolt and the revolt from 1741 in which slaves from st kitts killed their masters that colonizers soley focused on direct african trade and severely curtailed slave shipments from the west indies. In 1807 smuggling from the west indies started up again specifically in the gulf coast( Louisiana and Texas) bringing them from Cuba and the french west indies. That lasted until the 1850s.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Slaves from the Caribbean were a huge majority of the slaves being imported to the US starting from the 1600s. By the late 1600s Maryland and Virginia's black population were mostly from Barbados. Same with SC especially charleston, New Netherlands(present day Jersey,NYC,Pennsylvania and delaware) the earlier ones came from dutch brazil then later curacao,Trinidad and Jamaica. It wasnt until 1712 after the New York slave revolt and the revolt from 1741 in which slaves from st kitts killed their masters that colonizers soley focused on direct african trade and severely curtailed slave shipments from the west indies. In 1807 smuggling from the west indies started up again specifically in the gulf coast( Louisiana and Texas) bringing them from Cuba and the french west indies. That lasted until the 1850s.

Your sources please.