Diasporans with DNA traced roots granted citizenship to Sierra Leone

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a convo more suited to the Root, but your third & fourth sentences are false.

Until the United States was established , the 13 mainland colonies were an extension of the
British colonies in the Caribbean. They were all British territory and the the delivery of enslaved people flowed from Africa to 13 colonies directly, as well as from Africa to (British controlled)West Indies and eventually to the mainland (British controlled) 13 colonies. And as you pointed out from 13 colonies to British controlled West Indies.

The segment of the 1619 Project about Sugar hammers this point home.
But it's been covered multiple times in the Root.

After 1807 , outside of the illegal trade, and whites fleeing the St. Domingue revolution and using legal loopholes to bring their enslaved here, the amount of enslaved arriving here from Caribbean was minimal. The enslaved Africans from Haiti who arrived in Louisiana and other American cities where white St. Dominguans had fled would have been among the last large number.
And even then, American legal system challenged the rights of those planters to import slaves into America

Your sources please.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Your sources please.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/intercolonial-slave-trade-of-british-north-america.696677/

156926-FPJ.jpg

Chapter 5

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

To the Americas is not the same as America. There were not even that many people brought as slaves to the USA (formerly British North America), which is what I point out in thread after the thread.

"...The majority of enslaved Africans were brought to British North America between 1720 and 1780. The decade 1821 to 1830 still saw over 80,000 people a year leaving Africa in slave ships. Well over a million more – one tenth of the volume carried off in the slave trade era – followed within the next twenty years.

Africans carried to Brazil came overwhelmingly from Angola. Africans carried to North America, including the Caribbean, left from mainly West Africa.

Well over 90 percent of enslaved Africans were imported into the Caribbean and South America. Only about 6 percent of African captives were sent directly to British North America. Yet by 1825, the US had a quarter of blacks in the New World... ."

Historical Context: Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
To the Americas is not the same as America. There were not even that many people brought as slaves to the USA (formerly British North America), which is what I point out in thread after the thread.

"...The majority of enslaved Africans were brought to British North America between 1720 and 1780. The decade 1821 to 1830 still saw over 80,000 people a year leaving Africa in slave ships. Well over a million more – one tenth of the volume carried off in the slave trade era – followed within the next twenty years.

Africans carried to Brazil came overwhelmingly from Angola. Africans carried to North America, including the Caribbean, left from mainly West Africa.

Well over 90 percent of enslaved Africans were imported into the Caribbean and South America. Only about 6 percent of African captives were sent directly to British North America. Yet by 1825, the US had a quarter of blacks in the New World... ."

Historical Context: Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
Same old Samori.

Guys on this forum take debates too personally, and refuse to concede obvious points.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Mandingo ancestry is by way of Haiti :jbhmm:, would those countries still be the likely source of my Mandingo ancestry?

Yeah, Mandingo/Madinka/Malinke are spread out from Mali/Southern Mauritania to Liberia/Ivory Coast.

But the majority off them taken during Slavery were from the Senegambia and the Guineas

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liberia also gives citizenship to all black people. I don't think Nigeria would do that since Nigeria doesn't even like its own people lol.

But Liberia doesn't do dual citizenship. My Liberian friend and his family had to give up their Liberian Citizenship when they got their US one.