Diasporans with DNA traced roots granted citizenship to Sierra Leone

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really liked it. The people were very mellow just like Southern USA Black people. Very pleasant and the place was beautiful.

Yeah i that has made a lot of folks take advantage of us. Alot of work to do. So much potential little to show for it

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah i that has made a lot of folks take advantage of us. Alot of work to do. So much potential little to show for it

The first thing that they need to do is keep working on the infrastructure. When you have roads and a dependable electrical system then your economy will grow. One thing that I did like when I was there was that Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea was working towards more regional trade agreements. I did not get the full gist of what was being proposed, but I loved the way that it sounded from the standpoint of regional growth.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have yet to take/send back my African ancestry kit but I will complete it sometime next week ..

Really curious to see and know what tribe I would descend from

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
So hold up... #ADOSFBA,BCDEFGHIJK or whatever it is now...y’all don’t consider Africans(or Jamaicans) as “black”, nor eligible for reparations check if one were to be distributed, but at the same time y’all deeply desire to encroach on African countries and resources with your western/American diseases and culture? Why do you have rights to their native land but they don’t have rights to yours? Because they weren’t born in America to American parents? Well color me surprised at that double standard, I could’ve sworn you weren’t born in Africa to African parents. That American sense of entitlement boyyyy smh. Mfs in here tearing up getting emotional and everything lmaooo
:deadmanny:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
So hold up... #ADOSFBA,BCDEFGHIJK or whatever it is now...y’all don’t consider Africans(or Jamaicans) as “black”, nor eligible for reparations check if one were to be distributed, but at the same time y’all deeply desire to encroach on African countries and resources with your western/American diseases and culture? Why do you have rights to their native land but they don’t have rights to yours? Because they weren’t born in America to American parents? Well color me surprised at that double standard, I could’ve sworn you weren’t born in Africa to African parents. That American sense of entitlement boyyyy smh. Mfs in here tearing up getting emotional and everything lmaooo
AFRICANS eligible for reparations :pachaha:

Yall literally owe reparations for selling your own to white slave merchants

U can't be fukking serious:dead:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I'll say most Diasporans whose peoples came from areas where rice was grown(South Carolina, Louisiana etc). There's a good chance you descend from an Ethnic Group in SL(Mainly Mende, Temne, Limba).

All you have to do is show DNA Results from African Ancestry. But you have to do it with a group. They're not doing at a time. And you'll get full citizenship, not Naturalized, you are seen as a full Sierra Leonean.

Me and my mom are gonna go for it and we’re strongly considering applying for dual citizenship for the whole immediate family. I’m thinking it would be best if we do the Family Kit, plus digging up on their background and receiving a certain energy frequency from Spirit, I feel like I can trust AfricanAncestry at their word of properly disposing tests after results and not collecting them for agencies and shyt. Legit made me happy when I saw that both the creators live in DC and are Howard alum :wow:

And I have a deep feeling we might have significant Salone results on the matrilineal side because my mom’s side of the family has ancestral roots in Florence, South Carolina...Which is at least 2 hours from Charleston. We also have Gullah-Geechie distant family members down there too. Hell, we have a close friend of the family who used to be my personal barber and he’s originally from Sierra Leone but he looks straight up ADOS and has what I believe to be a New York-lite accent and his complexion is similar to Pea from Baby Boy....I was like :ohhh: when I found out about that

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
By the way, do the ADOS / FBA activists consider Gullah to be part of them?

Yes and they are the Mother of ADOS culture, even Ebonics is rooted in Gullah culture. @IllmaticDelta can provide a treasure trove of information regarding the Gullah-Geechie roots of ADOS.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Ados people don’t want to live in Africa.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'll say most Diasporans whose peoples came from areas where rice was grown(South Carolina, Louisiana etc). There's a good chance you descend from an Ethnic Group in SL(Mainly Mende, Temne, Limba).

All you have to do is show DNA Results from African Ancestry. But you have to do it with a group. They're not doing at a time. And you'll get full citizenship, not Naturalized, you are seen as a full Sierra Leonean.

Not likely Louisiana, because Louisiana was peopled by Black people from other USA States.

People from Sierra Leone were mostly sent to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, which is were the Gullah Geechee corridor is. Btw, it just one Carolina up until about 1712, when the North and South split occurred. A lot of the Gullah people also moved inland as time went on and into other States, but Louisiana was not one of the places that Sierra Leone people were shipped to.

gullah-geechee-corridor-map-atlantic-coast-southeast-usa.png

Bunce-Island-Sign-e1593616058799.jpg

bunce_island.jpg

People from Sierra Leone mainly went to the Carolinas/Sea islands

Louisiana did get people from the Mande family though (Bambara, Mandinka, Kissi)

hall-2005-18-most-frequent-ethnicities-in-la-database.jpg

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first thing that they need to do is keep working on the infrastructure. When you have roads and a dependable electrical system then your economy will grow. One thing that I did like when I was there was that Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea was working towards more regional trade agreements. I did not get the full gist of what was being proposed, but I loved the way that it sounded from the standpoint of regional growth.

Its the Mano River Trade Thing which also includes Ivory Coast, along with those 3 Nations.

As far as those 3 nations are concerned. We've always been able to just move around each other's nation, easy. We've pretty share the same ethnic groups, give or take a few.