Diasporans with DNA traced roots granted citizenship to Sierra Leone

mykey

Superstar
Daps
I visited Salone in 2012 and 2014, was in Aberdeen area of Freetown both times. It’s a beautiful place filled with warm, kind hearted people. Obviously, there are huge challenges to overcome with reconstruction following the long civil war that ended in 2000.

There are also many Krio people who essentially are the original returnee diasporans. They came back in the 18th century from the USA, the Caribbean and Canada.

Salute to the new citizens from America and I wish them well.
:salute:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say most Diasporans whose peoples came from areas where rice was grown(South Carolina, Louisiana etc). There's a good chance you descend from an Ethnic Group in SL(Mainly Mende, Temne, Limba).

All you have to do is show DNA Results from African Ancestry. But you have to do it with a group. They're not doing one person at a time. And you'll get full citizenship, not Naturalized, you are seen as a full Sierra Leonean.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say most Diasporans whose peoples came from areas where rice was grown(South Carolina, Louisiana etc). There's a good chance you descend from an Ethnic Group in SL(Mainly Mende, Temne, Limba).

All you have to do is show DNA Results from African Ancestry. But you have to do it with a group. They're not doing at a time. And you'll get full citizenship, not Naturalized, you are seen as a full Sierra Leonean.

Freed U.S. slaves depart on journey to Africa