Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
What the hell does this have to do with the black community here in America? nikkas will reach for anything to deflect from the issues, and dysfunction blacks here in America cause.

and nikkas are so stupid that they don't realize their response proves the point they're in disagreement with. :pachaha:

things aren't perfect here, the system needs fixing, but please by all means through your smart phone or laptop there - explain what you've experienced in your life that rivals what's happening in Libya right now?

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
You sounding stupid right now, white supremacy and the US court system are two different things. Stop trying to blur the lines for the sake of a conversation. Everything else you posted is just you sounding even more retarded...

:heh:since when has the us court system and white supremacy/white racism been two different things?...dred scott?..plessy v ferguson..jack johnson?...the lines ain't blurred..they are black and white and people can see them clearly if they not ignorant or full of shyt...im guessing you are both (ignorant and full of shyt)...you the only one here that think the us court system aint racist:mjpls:...dont bother replying if you aint got nothing better to type than calling me retarded...

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
Laws can be interpreted all kinds of ways. Laws can also be tailor made for black people. Notice how there's always rumblings about protestor laws now, but these muthafukkas won't even touch the issue of white mass shooters. When blacks were going through the crack era, it was a criminal issue, whites are going through an opioid era it's a treatment issue. They're legalizing drugs for white people. So yes, I agree many black people do commit crimes, white people are allowed to fukk up and maintain their freedom and their place in life. They're aren't taking white meth'd out fathers from these households, they're letting their either work through their shyt or they'll let them OD and die. But even in the OD scenario, they get to choose that mistake. A white guy rapes a woman behind a dumpster, he gets some weak ass sentence of a few months. A white kids kills people...affluenza. They go to court doing vile shyt and judges still be like "I mean I don't wanna fukk up your future white-man". Even if you look at this stuff on a person to person level, all these white women in Hollywood sat on these sexual assault and harassment cases for years, still on code protecting their men. Not the I think black women should do that, but you get my point. White people aren't suffering set backs when they fukk up on the same level as blacks. Black people get the book thrown at them. My overall point is that they make sure they maintain the gap. How many educated black women could be moving up to CEO status if their cokehead cac bosses were actually saught out and prosecuted like they do for black men? shyt like that.
Best post I have read in thread. White people make the laws so they can criminalize or decriminalize behavior as they see fit. If a corrupt cop arrests you on some bullshyt and a corrupt prosecutor charges you and you go before a corrupt judge, you are fukked. Many brehs don't have the resources to get out of that jam. It's better sometimes to be rich, white and guilty than poor, black and innocent. I have seen it happen many times here in a predominately black county. We keep talking about certs and jobs but you can't get a good one if you are in the system. Until the so called justice system is overhauled with strict accountability and liability for cops and officers of the court(i.e. judges and prosecutors) all this other shyt is moot because white supremacy will use the courts to maintain the political, social, and economic chasm that exists between blacks and whites. Tell Trayvon Martin's parents he made it easy. Tell the myriad of poor brehs framed and and put into a system that made criminals out of them. Denzel seems like a good brother and should know this would be ammunition and a talking point for racists. There is some veracity to his point but he should know the racist media won't employ nuance in telling the story.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
he made a real good point about how black men and black women are raised in the same households, but black women aren't going to prison at the same rate.

Doesn't that confirm Denzel's point that the home is a key factor?

When Jawanza Kunjufu argued 35 years ago that black mothers "love their sons, but raise their daughters" what do we expect to happen to non-raised black boys/young men for four decades?

When 75% of black boys (not black girls) are below standard literacy levels in the state of California, other
than criminality and incarceration, exactly what industries are those black boys being prepared for?

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot

Antonio Moore with the DATA :whew:

In the video, he essentially supports single-black motherhood as the core household family and community structure to raise black boys and young men, and then argues that ("for some unknown reason") black girls/women are not facing nearly the same punitive treatment by the legal system.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
It does start in the home you fukking idiots. What type of culture allows their children to be brainwashed to celebrate and embody destructive behavior AND expect their children NOT to go through the penal system at some point in there lives.
I know there are other factors so lets not go there. However, lets just be honest and acknowledge that this absolute fukking pitiful mess of a culture we've adopted is a huge part of the problem.

And fukk your feelings if you caught some with post.
This doesn't prove Denzel's "it's not the system" position tho. The problem here is that people are stupid and can't how understand that 2 things can be true at once. Yes, black culture is problematic and the breakdown of the black family causes a lot of our problems. It's also true that the system is designed to breakdown the black family and to keep blacks poor and dysfunctional. So when Denzel is right when he says that a lot of our problems are a result of the breakdown of the family structure, but he's wrong when he says that the system isn't to blame. People aren't smart enough to understand that though, and that's people who agree and disagree with Denzel. I see a lot of people saying "I agree with Denzel but it's both, it's the system and the family". Idiots. Denzel that it's all the family and not the system. So if you agree with him then you agree that blacks can't blame the system or the systematic discrimination that it enforces.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
@Gravity why don't you be a man and come in here and discuss your points or were you raised by your mother and not able to act like a man?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Best post I have read in thread. White people make the laws so they can criminalize or decriminalize behavior as they see fit. If a corrupt cop arrests you on some bullshyt and a corrupt prosecutor charges you and you go before a corrupt judge, you are fukked. Many brehs don't have the resources to get out of that jam. It's better sometimes to be rich, white and guilty than poor, black and innocent. I have seen it happen many times here in a predominately black county. We keep talking about certs and jobs but you can't get a good one if you are in the system. Until the so called justice system is overhauled with strict accountability and liability for cops and officers of the court(i.e. judges and prosecutors) all this other shyt is moot because white supremacy will use the courts to maintain the political, social, and economic chasm that exists between blacks and whites. Tell Trayvon Martin's parents he made it easy. Tell the myriad of poor brehs framed and and put into a system that made criminals out of them. Denzel seems like a good brother and should know this would be ammunition and a talking point for racists. There is some veracity to his point but he should know the racist media won't employ nuance in telling the story.

what does that have to do with black committing crimes though? I don't really understand the point trying to be made. Okay you want equitable jail time as whites get? It's still jail time, black men are still being jailed at percentages higher than US averages. How do we stop the crimilization of black people...there's a small percentage due to corrupt police but there's a large percentage that is due to actual criminal behavior, most of it systemic, environmental, and economic. So how do we turn this? No one wants to talk about the root of the issue, when there is a weed in the garden you pull it off by the root, you don't trim it back. Most of your dialogue and cry babying is focused on the wrong thing (equitable jail time) vs the criminal activity that put black men in those situations (notwithstanding corruption of police of framing people ).

Instead of worrying about what white peeople will think because you're embarassed by what a black person said, why don't you actually listen and take a break from point outward. At some point black people are gonna have to come together and address this issue. The government , democrats, Obama, etc etc ain't gonna help you...now what?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Inst

Antonio Moore with the DATA :whew:

WHO GIVES A FUKK...

INSTEAD OF DEBATING WITH "DATA" WHETHER DENZEL WAS INCORRECT WITH HIS THEORY....

HOW BOUT Y'ALL GET Y'ALL LAZY AZZES OFF THIS BOARD AND REACH OUT TO A YOUNG BLACK BOY WHO COULD USE A OLDER MENTOR OE FATHER FIGURE IN HIS LIFE...

I'm pretty sure ALL Y'ALL KNOW A NEPHEW or some young Black Kid who could be doing something worthwhile or more productive with YOU ..

"MR. PHILOSOPHICAL BLACKMAN"
:mjpls:

ITS SUNDAY!!!

AND WHAT I DO EVERY SUNDAY IS WORK ON ANY PROJECTS MY SON HAS OR NEEDS HELP WITH AT HIS (S.T.E.M) SCHOOL SINCE IM IN THE ENGINEERING FIELD...

THEN LIKE EVERY SUNDAY AFTERNOON I USUALLY TAKE HIM AND A COUPLE OF HIS FRIENDS OUT ON THE TOWN OR SHORT TRIPS sometimes LEISURELY (go kart park..dave n bustas..water parks) OR EDUCATIONAL (MUESUEMS..LIBRARIES..BLACK HISTORICAL SITES TO LOCAL MUESEUMS ...

OFTEN THEY SPEND WHOLE WEEKENDS AT MY HOME...

AND IT REALLY DOES HELP...

BECAUSE THESE KIDS COME FROM SINGLE PARENT HOMES OR HOMES LIKE MY HOMEBOY AND HIS WIFE WERE THEY ARE FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING ...

EITHER WAY SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE..

INSTEAD OF ARGUING WHETHER DENZEL IS A C00N FOR HIS STATEMENTS...

DISREGAEDING THAT DENZEL HAS DONE HIS PART AND IS A GOOD PARENT

WHICH IS WHY MANY OF YOU CHILDLESS MASTURBATUNG FUKKS ON HERE NEED TO SHUT DA FUKK UP TILL U HAVE A CHILD AND MOST IMPORTANTLY RAISE IT...

BEFORE YOU CAN OPEN YOUR FASSYHOLE MOUTH IN SUCH A BELLIGERENT MANNER....

:ufdup:

Y'all have a lovely Sunday morning....

Remember The "Honorable" SKJ says this out of love

:troll:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
@Gravity why don't you be a man and come in here and discuss your points or were you raised by your mother and not able to act like a man?
I've got 21 posts in this thread explaining why Denzel and all who agree with him are wrong you dumb son of a bytch. Pick one and give it your best shot.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I've got 21 posts in this thread explaining why Denzel and all who agree with him are wrong you dumb son of a bytch. Pick one and give it your best shot.

instead of name calling and writing sneaky messages in people inbox, why don't you attepmt a civil discourse instead of being sniveling?