Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Daps
Tariq has half of black social media using that term and mostly out of context, and I get it.

but we literally just saw VIDEO of slavery and an actual slave auction last week:

so there is a form of american oppression and white supremacy, but it's completely in a first world context.

but you're touching on how lyndon b johnson destroyed our communities and turned them into voting farms - but i'll leave that for another discussion.

What the hell does this have to do with the black community here in America? nikkas will reach for anything to deflect from the issues, and dysfunction blacks here in America cause.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
so the prison system comes into people homes for no reason and steal away black fathers, right?
In the history of the United States (as of July 2017) there have been 351 post-conviction exonerations due to DNA testing. According to the Innocence Projectthese statistics were found on those exonerated: The average sentence served was 13 years. 70 percent exonerated are a part of minority groups.

15 men exonerated on drugs charges after alleging cop framed them
Black People Are Wrongly Convicted Of Murder More Often, Data Show

A record number of people, at least 166, were exonerated last year after being wrongly convicted of crimes, according to the most recent annual report

icon-fill.png

from the National Registry of Exonerations.

It's the third year in a row that data collected by a group of law schools showed a record number of exonerations in the U.S. — with 149 in 2015

icon-fill.png

and 125 the year before that
icon-fill.png

Using information on exonerations going back to 1989, the latest report also shows that black people continue to be more likely to be wrongly convicted in America than people of other races. There is no standardized reporting system for exonerations, but the registry is the most complete national data collected on the subject.

Take the crime of murder. Last year(2016), the report collected data on 52 people who were exonerated of murder. More than half of them, 28, were black.

34 Baltimore cases dismissed after video appears to show officer planting drugs

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
i like how people can preach to black folks about personal and individual responsibility and at the same time blame the entire black culture/community when a black person mess up...does the whole black culture need to change or just the ones that dont behave the way you think they should?...

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It does start in the home you fukking idiots. What type of culture allows their children to be brainwashed to celebrate and embody destructive behavior AND expect their children NOT to go through the penal system at some point in there lives.
I know there are other factors so lets not go there. However, lets just be honest and acknowledge that this absolute fukking pitiful mess of a culture we've adopted is a huge part of the problem.

And fukk your feelings if you caught some with post.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

351 isn't even a drop in the water. I am not saying it's not a corrupt system but many of these guys are criminals...most of them admittedly. Not sure why we can't just accept that instead of whining about shortening prison terms and crying about black men being locked up. And this is coming from someone who has been accosted by cops, detained, arrested, jailed, and they even tried to trump charges against me...difference is I was completely innocent, so I know how they do but I also know that we need to do better as communities to ensure this cycle of conviction isn't followed by our youth

bright black

All Star
Daps
It does start in the home you fukking idiots. What type of culture allows their children to be brainwashed to celebrate and embody destructive behavior AND expect their children NOT to go through the penal system at some point in there lives.
I know there are other factors so lets not go there. However, lets just be honest and acknowledge that this absolute fukking pitiful mess of a culture we've adopted is a huge part of the problem.

And fukk your feelings if you caught some with post.

look like you the one that caught feelings...couldnt even make your little point without calling people "fukking idiots"

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
white supremacy is found in the judicial system... always has been..always will be since you cant blame it for what it does...why is denzel talking about parenting if the movie is just about the judicial system?... parenting and the judicial system go together but white supremacy/white racism and the judicial system dont?...
You sounding stupid right now, white supremacy and the US court system are two different things. Stop trying to blur the lines for the sake of a conversation. Everything else you posted is just you sounding even more retarded...

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
How does he have a history of c00ning? He's raised a successful family, and hasn't fallen victim to the typical nikka shyt that most black entertainers fall into the trap of. He's dedicated a lot of his money to help out black youth as well. Now all of the sudden, he's a c00n because he says some real shyt that you know is true, but don't agree with?
That's what I said, he does not have a history of c00ning. Reading comprehension is important.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
The only thing those offended by Denzels post have proven is that they all failed reading comprehension in school, and in college. Denzel never once says that the system isn't racist. But why set your child up to become a victim of it's trap through bad child rearing?

what did Kalief Browder's mom do to set her son up to be a victim?